UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

1/6 Scale Action Figures

karamazov80

I'll quickly mention that new DX Joker is awesome. Loving this guy. And that coat is oh, so nice.

Got an email yesterday that my waitlist for Joker 2.0 exclusive is converting!

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll quickly mention that new DX Joker is awesome. Loving this guy. And that coat is oh, so nice.

Got an email yesterday that my waitlist for Joker 2.0 exclusive is converting!

You will be happy, Webhead, I just got my Joker 2.0 yesterday. I had backed off of Nolan Batman stuff, but decided Batman needed a Joker. This is my first Ledger Joker 1/6 (aside from a BRJ that I had briefly before selling) and wow, is it impressive! Some of the nicest 1/6 scale tailoring I have seen mass produced.

If anyone reading is considering picking this one up, go for it, you won't be disappointed!

Edited by youbastards

So , according to what I saw on the Hot Toys collectors Facebook page , the mark 42 IM will also be diecast . They had a big reveal at some event overseas and there was no mention of a non diecast version.

Same here. Mine was in Chicago as of yesterday! DX pre-order for this goes up tomorrow night for those living in my time zone:

BGZszs1.jpg

vDjp459.jpg

DX is the painted hatless sculpt. Both done by the master of his craft--Trevor Grove. You getting this guy YB?

Yeah, this seems to be replacing the pure plastic figures. However, only 40% or so of the figure is metal apparently.

40% seems reasonable since the outside armor only needs to be metal and not the entire internal body frame.

"Rubber skinned HT figures... ticking timebombs." Care to elaborate Shane? I steered clear of Hot Toys stuff, but the Avengers line sucked me in. Been enjoying them so far, but I'm on the fence about cancelling my Hulk pre-order as the thought of spending that much money on something that won't last more then a year troubles me.

10% still applies I would assume. No reason why it wouldn't. Plus, I get a $50 credit due to complaints about Lector (not by me, but still biggrin.png ) buttrock.gif

Re: rubber, HT has a very bad track record with deteriorating bodies and other issues going back to their military figures, Aliens Drake, the ED-209, the DX-02, Comedian, and others.

Edited by karamazov80

Does anybody know how the interest threads work over at the sideshow freaks forums? I contacted F-seb about doing a Booker and Elizabeth headsculpt for me but he said it'd be better if i started an interest thread.What's the difference between commissioning and this? Also,does anybody know the range of the prices? I don't alway commission stuff but since i loved this game (it quickly climbed to my top 3 games of all time) and i loved the characters (i'm currently writting a dr who/infinite crossover-at 2000 words and still going strong) i decided to buy the neca figs,the songbird edition,everything.And what's the best thing to have from your most loved game,a high end collectible of course! I've decided which bodies and clothes to use (thankfully my aunt has a tailoring company so she'll make elizabeth's clothes and i've found pretty much everything on the web regarding booker's clothes) but the headsculpts are difficult.I'll give it a try but i doubt i'll make it.Anyway any info is appreciated!thumbsup.gif

"Rubber skinned HT figures... ticking timebombs." Care to elaborate Shane? I steered clear of Hot Toys stuff, but the Avengers line sucked me in. Been enjoying them so far, but I'm on the fence about cancelling my Hulk pre-order as the thought of spending that much money on something that won't last more then a year troubles me.

In the past, Hot Toys figures with the rubber bodies are notorious for breaking down, drying out, cracking, joint breaks under the rubber, etc. I steer clear of them. People keep saying that the rubber has been refined and problems will not occur, but I have seen NO proof of this. I can assure you I would have picked up the Avengers Hulk if it were not for fear of issues with the rubber body. IMO, these things are way too expensive to last a year before falling apart.

I don't mean to scare anyone away from these. However, I do suggest you look into the issue and be aware before you buy.

I think the only proof so far is that we haven't had any issues with those new muscle bodies using the PVC at all so far that I've heard about. But emphasis on the "so far." Could be they all break down later and we all end up crying over our poor decayed figures.

Kostis, interest threads are all over that forum in the custom "Interest" section. You post a thread asking for interest, take down names, and if enough people are interested, the artist does it. Usually no money upfront. Commissioning means you pay for it, and he does it for you. The latter will very likely cost you a great deal more than the former.

Edited by karamazov80

1) First you have to find a sculptor that would be willing to work on your project.

2) Once you have a sculptor on board, then start an interest thread, and if enough public interest is found (usually determined if it will 'go' by the sculptor doing the work) the sculptor will determine how many people want the sculpt and how much to charge for each individual cast.

3) Some sculptors offer painting services, or are partnered with someone who can provide painting services, but it is usually at an additional cost.

The other option, like Karamazov80 mentioned, is hiring someone to create one-of-a-kind unique sculpt for you, but that can cost in the upwards of thousands of dollars just for a single headsculpt.

So I wasted my money on Abigail? sad.png

how long have you had Abigail?

I ask because I've had a Sarah Connor, who I believe uses the same type of arms, for over 3 years with no real signs of wear. Sure, I try not to put her elbows at hard angles for too long, but I've left her in a pose with her elbow bent pretty far for a month or so before. It left a small crease when I put it back, but that's since faded away. If Abigail's the same, you shouldn't really have too much to worry about.

(Unrelated issue: Don't leave Sarah's hat on long term. It'll stain her forehead)

Edited by Glantern

OK, as of tonight, I have officially lost my mind with these damn things. I bought a Betomatali Beetlejuice. And tomorrow, I fully intend on buying a DX Blondie. Please help me put an end to the madness!

Yeah. . .I'm trying to offload nearly every expendable piece I have to help fill my poor, aching bank account. Beetlejuice wasn't even on my radar, but when it went up last night during one of Beto's famous random sales periods, I couldn't resist. Who doesn't love that character?

So I wasted my money on Abigail? sad.png

how long have you had Abigail?

I ask because I've had a Sarah Connor, who I believe uses the same type of arms, for over 3 years with no real signs of wear. Sure, I try not to put her elbows at hard angles for too long, but I've left her in a pose with her elbow bent pretty far for a month or so before. It left a small crease when I put it back, but that's since faded away. If Abigail's the same, you shouldn't really have too much to worry about.

(Unrelated issue: Don't leave Sarah's hat on long term. It'll stain her forehead)

I just got her MIB off eBay a month or so ago. Not long. I had her in a very dynamic pose at first, but was worried about stretching her (& Hawkeye's) bowstring(s), so I reposed her where her right is still bent, but not as drastically as it was before (her left was always straight). I can take a pic when I get home.

Define "stain"? I wanted Sarah Connor, and I would probably only ever want her with the hat on. So, like, does it run down her face, or if I never take it off, it wouldn't matter?