UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

1/6 Scale Action Figures

karamazov80

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, Skiman actually didn't charge me his typical going rate, so I couldn't say. I've paid $20 from guys in the past, but I suspect some of the better painters (such as the guys who do work for Sideshow) charge much more. I bought a painted headsculpt from Xenoviper (he sculpted the head himself) for Hicks for $100 shipped about a year ago. Honestly, my experience is pretty limited in that area myself.

This is the action figure of Dusty, for those who may not know, to see the inspiration for this look:

Dusty.jpg

I suppose it isn't technically militarily accurate, but so what? Too cool for school.

Edited by karamazov80

Rainman's next project. Looks phenomenal so far IMO:

224472_243247422376792_100000746078009_773545_1772688_n.jpg

By the way, the Batman and Predator exclusives have gone up on Sideshow today. You can probably still pick both up if you log-on soon.

And here's a recent acquisition that I just opened up last night:

DSC_0032.jpg

DSC_0029.jpg

He reminds me of "dead" Optimus Prime from the Transformers animated movie.

Edited by karamazov80

Sam, if you ever want to part with the Secret Project, please keep me in mind.

I finally got the shipping confirmation for Spidey, but he won't be here until next week... :verymad:

I'm really surprised that the Batman/Bruce Wayne is still available, I got a pre-rder in for one, my first Batman Hot Toys figure. :unsure:

He reminds me of "dead" Optimus Prime from the Transformers animated movie.

Sculpt is, of course, awsome. Is his finish that dull in person? The Mk II in the movie had almost a mirror finish, this looks so... so... plastic. And for what these costs... I don't know. Just seems like cheap, almost Hasbro dull plastic. Hope I'm wrong, and it just doesn't photograph well.

Sam, if you ever want to part with the Secret Project, please keep me in mind.

I finally got the shipping confirmation for Spidey, but he won't be here until next week... :verymad:

I'm really surprised that the Batman/Bruce Wayne is still available, I got a pre-rder in for one, my first Batman Hot Toys figure. :unsure:

Not a bad first choice! I like Begins Batman more than Dark Knight version. Just more bulky and intimidating looking. Plus, you can give him the "It's what I doooooooo that defines me" mouth, that no other Batman has! :lol:

I'll try to keep you in mind if I ever need to thin out my Iron Men. As is often the case with HT figures, unfortunately, he is so much cooler in person than in pics, that a figure (like him) that I'm on the fence about becomes a keeper once opened and posed :D

Sculpt is, of course, awsome. Is his finish that dull in person? The Mk II in the movie had almost a mirror finish, this looks so... so... plastic. And for what these costs... I don't know. Just seems like cheap, almost Hasbro dull plastic. Hope I'm wrong, and it just doesn't photograph well.

I hear what you are saying. He has a matte finish, but it doesn't feel or look cheap at all in-hand. Feels kind of like he was painted with primer instead of glossy paint. Really the antithesis of the red and gold, shiny Mark IV.

I really love that Mark IV mold.

I think I'm gonna sell my Guardian to pay for Shadow. I like the head and proportions of the body. Only drawback is no "bio mask," no cool breathing apparatus, and Shadow's color scheme seems more similar to P1/Classic Predator, which is gonna be on display with whatever other predator I end up keeping. Whatever the case, I think having 2 preds on display is sufficient.

Edited by karamazov80

FYI, Rainman's Bill the Butcher complete figure sold last night, but the head and outfit/chest piece sets are available now. $460 for a DF Studios painted head, outfit (including alternate hat), chest, and knives set. $120 for a painted head by itself, etc. Here's the final product:

20110814043345cont-Copy5.jpg

184050_243684932333041_100000746078009_775489_6784628_n.jpg

--edit: it seems he has one complete set in stock--$800 for that one.

Edited by karamazov80

Some guy on the Freaks board is making custom kits for Raza from the first Iron Man movie:

w1xmu.jpg

He will also come with the schematic papers that Stark made in the cave. Depending on the price, I would love to have this fig in my IM collection. Although I would have to buy it unpainted and do a better job painting his face...

:jawdrop:

Only once in my life have I seen a toy that cool. Couldn't afford it either.

Minor nit I have is that the hair is matted down that way for the hat. Hat doesn't look all that great anyway, IMO, so I would have preferred they make the sculpt look great hatless, then add a slightly larger hat to go over it. Or maybe even a switch-out hairpiece like they did with Thor. Still, yeah, this is one of the most impressive looking HT figures to date, and that's saying something. I'm not even all that big a fan of that film, but I couldn't hardly pass on this one.