UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

1/6 Scale Action Figures

karamazov80

I wouldn't say that I'm an expert in Predator's details. Far from it, in fact I myself asked that question on SSF :D But the basic answer was that the helmet is different (obviously), and the new one has different sandals, is missing a piece of armor on one side, has a different shoulder cannon, and is missing the bone necklaces and whatnot. Supposedly the two characters were also different sizes, but neither is well captured by the new Pred.

I gotta get black suit Spidey...just because it is back suit Spidey.

All my 1/6 figures are currently boxed up anyway, so I'll just add him to the pile.

I would use a head slap gif if it didn't make me a hypocrite to do so.

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did anyone else's Dark Knight DX Joker's eyes break? I was heartbroken. I loved that figure. Now I look at it knowing that it's best feature is all gunked up with super glue to keep him from having crazy eyes... such a drag.

Maybe they've improved (strengthened/reinforced) the PERS mechanism on the newer versions...

The fancy 1/6th scale figure for $150 may well be a thing of the past. Even Sideshow figures are creeping up over that mark and towards $200 (Zartan and Boba Fett will both be $160). Sucks.

I bought one of these on a whim last night:

http://jme7315.blogspot.com/2011/05/how2work-mickey-mouse.html

Here's his scale:

mickeyRAH.jpg

I dunno why exactly, but I think this could be pretty awesome on the display. Surely Mickey's an iconic character.

Rumor has is that Howard Chan from HT revealed at SDCC that their Anicom display next week will have the following figures on display: Batman DX (Batman 89), Metal Gear Solid, new Iron Man Mark I, new Bruce Lee, Samurai Predator, and Red Skull. If this is true I am very excited to see these, especially Red Skull and Keaton Batman. :)

EDIT: Apparently the new Bruce Lee figure might not be ready in time, and Chan only said that a new Marvel movie figure would be shown, and people assumed it would be Red Skull.

New HT stuff announced at Ani-Com so far:

• Avengers license
  • Amazing Spider-Man license
  • Sleepy Hollow license
  • New Dark Knight DX Joker figure
  • Cannibal King Jack Sparrow figure

The show doesn't officially start until tomorrow, so we will probably get more info then, and hopefully see pics of the figures I listed a few posts ago.

The only thing very surprising to me about all that is the new DX Dark Knight Joker (being called Joker 2.0). And when I think about it for a few seconds, that actually becomes the least surprising thing :lol:

Oh, well. Don't collect HT as an investment, and don't buy anything from them if you hope to be satisfied with it for the long-run, or you'll be disappointed down the road when they re-release and re-visit the crap out of everything that is remotely popular. OC Batman V2, Classic Pred V2, Cannibal Jack Sparrow V2, Mark II. . .V2, Mark IV re-release, TDK Joker V2 (actually V4 or 5 or some such. . .but who's counting!!), and that's just a taste of the re-hashes that have been announced or shown over the last few weeks. I fully expect a new Mark III, Tumbler, Batpod, and Dark Knight Batman, at least.

Edited by karamazov80

Here's some new shots of the new Classic Predator. He comes with a non-damaged mask, so he's pretty much guaranteed to replace my P1 version on the display (might have to move the necklaces over. . .) :highfive2:

found this pic over at osw looking better and beter

DSC01872.jpg

DSC01875.jpg

I had a few too many drinks the other night and ended up ordering Thor from BBTS. :lol:

ci4Du.jpg

I'm not sure where I am going to put him yet. I tried sticking him in my Iron Man display, but he looked really bad under the bright LED lights, whereas it makes the armored figures look better. I am trying to clear off another shelf for 1/6 scale figures. Until I am able to do that, Thor is sitting in his box, and this is on my desk at work:

u5C6J.jpg

:D

Wow, I'm surprised he was still in-stock recently at BBTS. I bought an extra hammer from Toy Anxiety. . .and also have it on my desk at work :lol:

I've got him on my Marvel shelf with Blade, Wolverine, Mark VI, and Art Saves (Punisher). No room for Ghost Rider there. I'll probably make one shelf Avengers-centric once Cap is released, plus Spidey :D

Edited by karamazov80

Despite being based on the new film, the new figure has a bulkier, more screen accurate body, a better head sculpt, and a better helmet. Those are the major differences in my eye. Though I loved my original P1 figure, the helmet was pretty horrible, and it was too skinny. The new figure will actually lack some parts that the P1 figure had that made it more screen accurate to the first film, including the bone necklaces and some armor on his bicep.

Got Mickey tonight, and I'll copy over my comments from SSF if anyone is interested:

This came in today, and if I'm gonna be objective, the figure doesn't feel like a very high quality piece. The plastic feels light and, well, like a Medicom figure. The paint on the head is a bit sloppy as you can see in some of the close-up pics shown. The legs are just little sticks, though that doesn't really matter to me much. Realistically, if you remove the rareness factor, I would say this feels like it should cost $70 or so. Fortunately, the wrist pegs on mine slipped out fairly easily without feeling like they might snap.

Having said all that, this is a very freakin' cool figure. Looks great in juxtaposition with just about anything, and can pose enough to give you a variety of display options. I had a hard time stopping myself from taking more and more pics. If you are on the fence, and are more concerned about the coolness of such a thing actually existing and having fun with it over your concerns over having a Hot Toys-quality piece, I suggest you pick him up.

DSC_0101.jpg

DSC_0094.jpg

DSC_0099.jpg

DSC_0093.jpg

DSC_0092.jpg

DSC_0085.jpg

Thanks :D On another note, a Sideshow rep on SSF said that the Batman/Bruce Wayne and Shadow Predator will come available for PPO pre-order (at different times) next Friday mid-dayish. I think 10 am Pacific Time for one, and 12 for the other. Be there or be square!

Edited by karamazov80