UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

1/6 Scale Action Figures

karamazov80

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice! Get some pics posted when you get a chance, man!

So shall it be done. . .

SDC12550.jpg

SDC12555.jpg

SDC12553.jpg

SDC12556.jpg

SDC12557.jpg

SDC12549.jpg

Armor doesn't fit very well, since it was made to go with the Predator 2 body. But apart from that--prime toy, all the way.

Edited by karamazov80

If the armor doesn't fit well, it's not translating to the pics. That thing looks amazing! P1 is still my favorite looking Predator overall, but the Guardian is incredible. Really digging the looks of the breathing mask. Nice score, man.

And HD, how in the world do you have such an awesome figure and NOT have it opened?!?!?!? Unacceptable!!! :)

Yeah, it looks fine, but the gauntlets are loose, which is annoying.

The P1 is the reason I got this guy. I could care less about the Preds from Predator 2, but the Hot Toys P1 Pred is among my favorite collectibles, and I wanted this guy because he shared the same mold but was different enough to make him stand out from the classic Predator.

The Guardian is cool as hell, but I sold mine. I feel a little guilty because I did not buy him to flip but I gotta limit myself on what I can collect or I'm gonna go broke. I still have my P1 and he is enough awesome for me. I'm really liking all the SW clones that Sideshow is doing. I still need the Coruscant clone, but the others are looking good on my shelf.

I felt like I needed money last week, and I sold my DX Joker (for less than it was worth, really). Now, I really regret it. I have an extra PERS head that I put on my original Joker, but after I decided to sell, I realized that I wanted to keep the updated jacket.

This is the first time I've felt real regret over selling something that I can remember :(

Edited by karamazov80

The DX01 jacket is pretty awesome. I think you wouldn't have too much trouble finding one. It seems like the DX01 is probably the most kitbashed and parted out HT figure there is (IMO).

Holey *** Sam! That is one wicked Terminator display. I do not wish for prices to drop on your T-800 endo, but I really hope HT gets new ones out soon. I will own it.

Thanks, Shane. Ol' donut head is not movie accurate, but it seems a shame to leave the cool extra parts out of my display. I fully expect a chrome Endo to come out eventually. In fact, I'm trying to sell my spare "clean" Endo on eBay before the prices plummet too precipitously.

Ugh. Thought I scored a Truetype Advance without the head (for my Sideshow Snake Eyes) for $30. The guy sent me his paypal info and thanked me for the purchase on the 10th. I was not online at the time and I paid on the 11th. Right after I paid, he sent me a message saying not to pay, that someone else bought the body. I asked why he told me we had a deal, only to tell me later that we didn't. He mentioned nothing about paying before someone else bought it out from under me in his message.

He said that he "clearly stated that payments must be made withing 48 hours." I wrote back, saying that receiving paypal id on the 10th and paying on the 11th IS less than 48 hours. He then came back with this:

"There is no point in squabbling over several hours. The fact is you responded too slowly and I will not wait for you, especially if others are willing to pay promptly. You had the opportunity, but failed to take advantage of it. You received your money and lost nothing, so why complain? I lost time waiting for you and that is the reality of the matter."

What the heck? He almost made it sound like I should be thankful I got my money back. This guy is a major jerk. The sad thing is that this guy has great feedback on the OSW forum. If I say anything on there, I'm sure it'll turn into a "he's been here forever and you're the new guy so you don't know what you're talking about" thing. So I figured I'd vent here. :(

Leave him negative and tell your story. Don't matter how long you've been around, if he's being a jerk, he's being a jerk. I had an issue with a couple guys on the SSF forum with extensive positive feedback that didn't do right by me, and I wasn't shy about telling the truth. That's what the feedback is for.

The Hot Toys War Machine is coming soon, and they posted a few new pics online:

hot-toys_war-machine-collectible-figure_

hot-toys_war-machine-collectible-figure_

The "Ex-Wife" wasn't in the original prototypes, and I am very glad it made it into the final figure. :)

Someone on the Sideshow Freaks board has this baby in-hand, and took some awesome pics like this one:

6d79f11d.jpg

More in-hand pics here. I am so glad I pre-ordered him, as I am guessing he will sell out quickly.

Minivenom, let me edit my above post to say that if I were in your shoes, I would probably leave a neutral, not a negative. . .

As for War Machine, it doesn't do much for me in those pics. However, as I know all too well, Hot Toys figures look much better in person than in pics. You can get a better impression with videos I think. I haven't made War Machine a priority, but in the right situation I could see myself picking him up.

IMO MV, that is a negative. When you agree on a deal AND give 48hrs to pay, but then sell to someone else, that is very uncool. I would never do that. Taking too long to pay can be problematic, but paying the very next day is actually pretty fast IMO. Sorry the deal went south.

I left my story on his feedback thread. If any of you post on osw, his username is royalewithcheese. I felt I was very polite about sharing my experience. I'm sure the hate will commence any minute now. hahaha! If any of you post on OSW, go check it out when you get the chance. :)

As for WM, I'm definitely looking forward to him arriving in the US. I've had him on preorder since he was first offered, and can't wait to get him in hand. :D

I know royalewithcheese, personally. We've met up numerous times to make deals.He has always been super cool with me and has even given me nice rare items for free. So I think that since he has been there forever, and you're the new guy, you're in the wrong.

just kidding.

Royale has some OCD issues when it comes to his figures. But it is absolutely not ok for him to act in such a way.

Doc, I'm telling you, I was shocked he did that after reading his stellar feedback record. I guess he was having a bad day, or something. :)

K80, I've preordered that one also. Some have complained that he looks like he's pouting, but I think he just looks really angry and am looking forward to this figure. Thomas Jane Punisher would have been my first choice, but this one will be a very welcome addition to my collection.