UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

1/6 Scale Action Figures

karamazov80

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks! He's missing the smallest blade (the one closest to his hand) on the right wrist gauntlet, but for the price I couldn't pass him up. I'm hoping to find one from someone online, maybe from a failed custom or something, but if not I can always mangle the mangler gauntlet or just try to remove the blade from it and glue it on the other one.

Used to be you could get a Mangler pretty cheap on eBay, and that's the route I would go. I think the blades come out of it, as well. The loose blades have been an issue with that Batman for me. I actually glued a couple in to keep them from falling out and getting lost.

That T1 T-800 is awesome. I think HT focused on all the right areas, although a light-up eye on the BD head would have been cool.

As cool as it is, I think I gotta stop with HT stuff. My budget is forcing me to choose between the upcoming Hulk stuff or HT stuff. I may even sell my P1 Predator and T-600. I am pretty sure Leonidas will stay for a bit longer, but he is not immune either.

Hot Toys stuff is the cream of the crop, but they are just as expensive as highly detailed statues these days.

Your last sentence is true. Hot Toys figures are creeping up to the $200 mark MSRP, and you can get nice Sideshow statues for $300-400. Sometimes seems like they aren't worth the relative cost when you think of it that way, but. . .I like me some articulated toys. Even though I may only pose a given figure 2 or 3 times, it is something I like about the things I collect. It probably goes back to my childhood, seeing as how all of this stems from my early days playing with Super Powers, GI Joe, Transformers, etc. That is part of why I like Minimates so much. I don't think I'll ever transition completely over to statues.

And I should also note that Hot Toys figures have better paint apps, sculpts, and detailing than many 1/4 scale Sideshow statues.

Edited by karamazov80

Hot Toys paint apps are better than just about any staue I've ever seen. I'll never understand how they do it, but they do it well.

My problem in a nutshell...I like the Incredible Hulk and he is popular amongst sculptors and is never very cheap. I just got the Koto Green Hulk and the SSC Comiquette is due out soon. Plus, Sideshow is already hinting at a WWH Hulk piece to be announced soon.

Do you mean "Uncle Bob"? The only T2 Terminator is the T-1000 ;)

Terminator isn't even my favorite movie or anything, but this figure and its "police assault" complement are really the most desirable figures I can think of. Only possibly rivaled by theoretical Hot Toys Ghostbusters.

Said it before, I'll say it again. T1 was my favorite. Did not like T2.

Okay, is anyone interested in a 1/6th body? General Obi-Wan specifically. If so, please LMK. I was considering throwing it in the goodwill box, but yall might have some use for it.

Seriously, anyone? Looks just like this but with a neck. http://cgi.ebay.com/Star-Wars-Sideshow-Tro...=item27b2f5fcbd

When the day comes that Leo is up for grabs, let me know. :)

As much as I hate to do it, it seems like it's time for me to let my Leo go.

If you're interested I'm going to post him on the freaks and OSW in the next couple of days for $200 shipped.

lmk.

Yeah, the grizzled face doesn't really match the character from the cartoon/comic/classic toy IMO. But, still cool to have a "high end" 1/6 scale version of my favorite cartoon character.

I have to say, though, that every new Sideshow figure I get reinforces my prejudices. Hot Toys gives you such a better bang for your buck.

I also got HT Rambo (M-65 Jacket version) earlier in the week, and he's a pretty cool cat, IMO.

Edited by karamazov80

I agree with you, K80. I got Duke and thought the same thing. I'm still seriously considering the Firefly figure, but other than him and the eventual Zartan, I may not fool with too many more Joes. I'd rather spend the money on a Hot Toys figure.

I'm still missing Duke and Firefly, but plan on picking them up eventually. Problem is that there is always something more important coming up that prevents me from pulling the trigger. T-1000 is next for me, and the Guardian Predator, so they have to wait a bit longer.

And Dusty was probably my 3rd favorite toy after Flint and Zartan, so he's a must.

Edited by karamazov80

I always liked Flint, but I'm not real crazy about his head sculpt. I like just about everything about Firefly, but I just bought the OC Batman last weekend, and I've got 5 other figures preordered. I also want to get the T-1000, the 1984 Terminator, Black Widow, T-1000 Donut head, AND at least three truetypes. Two narrow, one advance. That's a staggering amount of money right there. Sheesh. It hurts when you actually type it out. hahaha!!!

I need to sell some stuff. Hopefully I'll have the time to list a few things on eBay this weekend. . .I was a click away from ordering the T-1000 a minute ago, but I'm trying to exercise patience. I just got some awesome figures this week. No need to rush things.

I'm pretty sure that I'll end up ordering him tomorrow.

Understandable. You can't take it off without breaking the triangles that hold it on. To be movie accurate, they are actually supposed to be attached to the cowl anyway, so I used some electrical tape to reattach them. Someone else came up with the idea, and it works great. Something to consider if you ever decide you're not going to sell it and want it to look even more awesome than it already does. :)

Got Guardian Predator yesterday, and this figure exceeded expectations. He's got options out the wazoo. 2 different sets of mandibles like the classic Pred, or mask, or gas-mask. Shoulder cannon, expandable spear, discus blade, huge alien skull he can lob around I guess. And he looks fantastic. Just a cool figure. I was losing interest in this guy as time wore on, but now that he is in-hand, I'm really glad I picked him up.