UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

1/6 Scale Action Figures

karamazov80

I have never seen a Triad figure in person, so I can't honestly compare the two. However, there are at least 2 points that might justify HT's higher cost (referring only to female figures, since that seems to be Triad's bread and butter that I figure you are referring to): the Hot Toys head sculpts and paint jobs are unsurpassed by most accounts, and Hot Toys has fancier licenses that cost more. Triad did have Soul Caliber, but that's an older game that no one really cares much about anymore. I think they have House and Dexter, but I don't think they would charge much to toy companies for the license rights, since they aren't traditional "action" shows.

HT's got the big guns--Iron Man 2, Dark Knight, Terminator 2, etc. Those probably cost a nice chunk of change--money that is passed on to the consumer.

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There are quite a few problems with Triad's figures.

There have been a ton of complaints about QC.

You have to wait wayyyyyyy too long to actually get the figures and gear.

There are people still waiting for them to release some of their nude figures, that were supposed to be released 2-3 years ago.

Great deal on the T-800 here. If you haven't bought him yet, you should. You'll probably regret it later if you don't. I don't even care if you don't typically buy dollies. You'll regret it.

Great deal on the T-800 here. If you haven't bought him yet, you should. You'll probably regret it later if you don't. I don't even care if you don't typically buy dollies. You'll regret it.

said page not found. What was the price?

I actually got some flak on Sideshow Freaks for saying that it wasn't flawless, and that it was a bit over-hyped. So don't peg me as some irrational uberfan or anything. But still. . .a must-own figure.

Around $145, if memory serves.

Damn I wish it was still up. I'm not completely into these yet but would have jumped all over that T-800. Right now I've only got the Sideshow Darth Vader, Stormtrooper, and Bespin Han Solo (got him for $30).

http://www.sideshowtoy.com/?page_id=4489&a...ef=listing-page

Yeeeeeessss....

I'll throw this out there. Does anyone want to buy the Terminator parts off of me? The T-1000 head, the blast shots, the melty shoes that can be used on the precious Sarah Connor? GH and I talked about it but he decided it was so cool he wanted the full one. I just want SC. So if you're interested in working something out, PM me. :)

I had a dentist's appointment, and left incorrect instructions for the wife to attempt to order one. So. . .got on the waitlist over an hour late. Zero chance I'll get this guy. Oh, well. I didn't care about the movie or character, anyway. I just liked the figure a lot.

I had a dentist's appointment, and left incorrect instructions for the wife to attempt to order one.

I'm going to pay for this ( & how :( ).....but.....

.....................you left incorrect instructions for the wife to attempt to order one .........................??????

Sam,I am absolutely ,100% ,certain you love that beautiful wife of yours .

I'm in tears again.

Where is Firespecter's hat?

Its packed in his box, along with his coat and all other weapons. I just took him out to snap a quick picture, I am waiting to get a proper display cabinet before putting it all out. Same goe for Duke, a lot of stuff still in the box.

In addition to Harley's question about the missing Firespecter's hat, I'd like to know how Duke's joints are. I've got a Storm Shadow whose body is so loose he can hardly hold a pose unless I have him standing in a straight, static position.

Any improvements on the Prometheus body?

I really want to get a Firespecter. I missed one for $80 on ebay a few weeks ago. Sucks. :(

Edited by minivenom

In addition to Harley's question about the missing Firespecter's hat, I'd like to know how Duke's joints are. I've got a Storm Shadow whose body is so loose he can hardly hold a pose unless I have him standing in a straight, static position.

Any improvements on the Prometheus body?

I really want to get a Firespecter. I missed one for $80 on ebay a few weeks ago. Sucks. :(

I haven't really moved him around too much, and he's back in his box now, but he seemed to have no problem standing, and holding his m-14 (i think thats what it is)

and firespecter is really, very very cool looking. the two hammers like the one he is holding, and his huge axe, which a sword pulls out from the top seem to be cast in some sort of metal, and feel really solid and have some nice weight too them. The detailing on the weapons and helmet is so beautifully done, they are show pieces themselves. I got mine for $100 on a buy it now about 6-8 months ago i think... worth every penny (in my opinion that is) I had been shopping one for awhile and figured it was the best i was gonna be able to do.

Cool stuff, Nervous. Duke is the one Joe I don't yet have (excluding the troop and CC repaints). I'll get him one of these days. . .

Sam,I am absolutely ,100% ,certain you love that beautiful wife of yours .

There are limits to everything :angry: