UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

I want a bag of blank minimates! Who is with me?

hulk197

Also simply having the money to do an exclusive means nothing. I recently created a custom box set for the owner of Arcana Studios. He has been trying to get a hold of DST for TWO MONTHS just to get some numbers from them on a factory run. He has more than enough money to do this exclusive, and they won't even give him the time of day, and he owns a reasonable large comics studio.

He perhaps should speak to the Marketing Dept. .........if they had one.

He has tried to contact six different people at DST, including Chuck and Matt.

That would be 'four different people' & Chuck & Matt.

I was trying to first express the total quantity of people he contacted, in order to demonstrate his dilligence, and then identify two people out of that total quantity that people on this board would recognize. I think it makes much more sense that way, especially considering my goal of demonstrating that having the funds isn't nearly enough.

Edited by luke314pi

For the record, when I said "petition DST" I didn't mean literally present them with a document and signatures. I just wanted to bring it up here to determine interest. And again, I never intended to ask them anything on behalf of the multiverse or myself. I wasn't going to contact them at all.

Why all the negativity? Ok, it's been brought up before, so what. Where is the harm in talking about it? I read the SF posts and I get the logistics involved. I wish I had the money myself to fully fund something like this but I don't. But I would definitely contribute some cash to make it happen! I'm just saying it's possible if enough people got involved. So I figured why not throw it at the wall and see what sticks?

How much cash, because I can not get you any minimates, but I do have a bridge for sale in long island...

Hands BHM his scouts badge for being able to do basic maths ;)

T.

I was actually pointing out that Chuck & Matt weren't .....oh forget it...

I was trying to first express the total quantity of people he contacted, in order to demonstrate his dilligence, and then identify two people out of that total quantity that people on this board would recognize. I think it makes much more sense that way, especially considering my goal of demonstrating that having the funds isn't nearly enough.

:ohmy: Point taken! Sorry for the misguided sarcasm & humour-attempt.

Luke, I will talk to Matt and see if I can light a fire under them for your friend.

BHM, there are some things in the works. If you want to discuss them, drop me a line. I kept your interest in mind from our discussions in San Diego.

What exclusives the Multiverse may or may not have in the works, is something that I cannot comment on at this time. DST likes to keep things quiet until they are a sure thing and I intend to respect and employ with that strategy.

Reading through this thread almost makes me wonder how all those past promo blanks were produced in the first place.

I mean, a Free Comic Book Day blank?! Now who was the generous (and crazy) soul who funded THAT? (I SO want one.)

Reading through this thread almost makes me wonder how all those past promo blanks were produced in the first place.

I mean, a Free Comic Book Day blank?! Now who was the generous (and crazy) soul who funded THAT? (I SO want one.)

Diamond Distribution funded it obviously as part of the marketing for free comic book day a few years back! Rumor has it that there were 40k of them made so you shouldn't have issues finding one...

T.

Diamond Distribution funded it obviously as part of the marketing for free comic book day a few years back! Rumor has it that there were 40k of them made so you shouldn't have issues finding one...

T.

Who has the other 458?

What kind of bag will it be?

:biggrin: Best Quote of the thread I SOOOOOOO laughed out loud at this. :biggrin:

Rsprin you are priceless, you've been awful quiet lately but sure know how to make posts that count! :)

I hope the bag would be one with the following safety message written on it.

"This is not a toy, do not give to babies, children or retarded forum members."

T.

Also simply having the money to do an exclusive means nothing. I recently created a custom box set for the owner of Arcana Studios. He has been trying to get a hold of DST for TWO MONTHS just to get some numbers from them on a factory run. He has more than enough money to do this exclusive, and they won't even respond to his e-mails or phone calls, and he owns a reasonably large comics studio.

Now this is a post with information that is actually helpful without being sarcastic and snide. I don't think some of you are reading very carefully, or you're "retarded" as TBT says... I've never said, "I am doing this," or "I am contacting DST about this." I simply put it out there and I got some great input that has been helpful and some posts that haven't been very helpful.

No hard feelings to anyone on my part. Some of us just need to chill out.

How much cash, because I can not get you any minimates, but I do have a bridge for sale in long island...

I'd have to come check it out first...

Luke, I will talk to Matt and see if I can light a fire under them for your friend.

BHM, there are some things in the works. If you want to discuss them, drop me a line. I kept your interest in mind from our discussions in San Diego.

What exclusives the Multiverse may or may not have in the works, is something that I cannot comment on at this time. DST likes to keep things quiet until they are a sure thing and I intend to respect and employ with that strategy.

Another helpful piece of info. Thank you Shane!

Also simply having the money to do an exclusive means nothing. I recently created a custom box set for the owner of Arcana Studios. He has been trying to get a hold of DST for TWO MONTHS just to get some numbers from them on a factory run. He has more than enough money to do this exclusive, and they won't even respond to his e-mails or phone calls, and he owns a reasonably large comics studio.

Now this is a post with information that is actually helpful without being sarcastic and snide. I don't think some of you are reading very carefully, or you're "retarded" as TBT says... I've never said, "I am doing this," or "I am contacting DST about this." I simply put it out there and I got some great input that has been helpful and some posts that haven't been very helpful.

No hard feelings to anyone on my part. Some of us just need to chill out.

I'd have to come check it out first...

Another helpful piece of info. Thank you Shane!

Wait, we can actually discuss things that are helpful in here? I thought the idea was futile and hopeless? The end ISN'T nigh? Great, I can use the money I'd been saving for the apocalypse to pay for this bag! :D

Really though, I would like to thank Shane for chiming in with the information, and helping things out. It's a lot more helpful than just calling people retards.

Wait, we can actually discuss things that are helpful in here? I thought the idea was futile and hopeless? The end ISN'T nigh? Great, I can use the money I'd been saving for the apocalypse to pay for this bag! :D

Really though, I would like to thank Shane for chiming in with the information, and helping things out. It's a lot more helpful than just calling people retards.

PLEASE, feel free to discuss what you like and would like to see from DST. As most folks know, they lurk and read these boards. All I ask is that you remember, DST sells mostly to retailers, not you and I, so the retailers must show interest or the odds of that item getting made is very low. It took Chuck a couple of tries before that fact finally sunk into my thick skull. I figured if we clamored as a group long enough, certain figures would be made. Sadly, this is not necessarily the case.

With regard to this thread...I think some of the apprehension was over the idea of contacting DST on behalf of the Multiverse. That may never have been the intention, but reiterating that this is a bad idea is, acceptable. We have gotten a lot of new members lately and some are young and don't always know the etiquette. Guidance can be a good thing without being overbearing or insulting.

If anyone feels that they are being insulted by another member (no matter who they are), report it. Threats, name calling and intimidation are not acceptable.

If anyone feels that they are being insulted by another member (no matter who they are), report it. Threats, name calling and intimidation are not acceptable.

Yeah! you douche bags!!!! errrr I mean good fellows... ;)

So it's a douche bag full of mates? Hmmm...