UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Rocky III

http://www.diamondselecttoys.com/store.asp...ategoryID%3D514

so it says today but does anyone else have any info because if this is true Im gonna be broke :blush:

WOW! :ermm: I had no idea...... REALLY?

Really.

The AA Q & A confirmed that there has been little interest - though that isn't the first time we've heard that.... DST Matt or Chuck hinted that it was seriously in jeopardy in on the the MMMV Q&A's.

I'm really kinda disappointed myself - these really had some great characters and potential

It just has to be said ,irreverent or not, if Chuck & Matt ( Pontius & Pilate ) had to decide whether we would be getting a Jesus or a (B.A.) Barabus Minimate they'd still try & sell us a Madonna Minimate.

In the words of God "Nuff said"

I actually think it was more a case of them saying to retailers/wholesalers 'we are making these please place preorders' and people ordered Madonna minimates but not Rocky...

Yeah I know.. strange but true!

T.

A Mr. T/Hulk Hogan pack would, I wager, sell very well. Maybe they can still use those molds at some point with something like that, and throw out the fairly unnecessary Rocky and Apollo. The apparent success of the Madonna and Back to the Future 'Mates suggest that 80s nostalgia works toward selling Minimates.

tha A-TEAM! :mrt:

I'm pretty sure that I remember Hogan guest starring on an episode of the A-Team. . .so they could do a 2-pack of that episode with existing molds, and if it sold well, do Face, Murdoch, Hannibal, etc. Come to think of it, though, you use Chef Duff's hat with painted hair on the side of the head for Murdoch (w/emo Spidey jacket), and the others could be simple repaints with existing hair pieces and other existing accessories. . .there is no reason not to do A-Team DST! C'mon!!

Edited by karamazov80

Were there any championship belts in past rocky minimate sets? I was looking forward to using the belts in this pack :(

Yes in the Second one.

tha A-TEAM! :mrt:

I'm pretty sure that I remember Hogan guest starring on an episode of the A-Team. . .so they could do a 2-pack of that episode with existing molds, and if it sold well, do Face, Murdoch, Hannibal, etc. Come to think of it, though, you use Chef Duff's hat with painted hair on the side of the head for Murdoch (w/emo Spidey jacket), and the others could be simple repaints with existing hair pieces and other existing accessories. . .there is no reason not to do A-Team DST! C'mon!!

I can't get very excited about Rocky 3 Minimates. But an A-Team set of Minimates - that would make me giddy. Go for it, DST!

• 2 weeks later...
I understand from Stuckakid that this set has been cancelled. But I wonder if ToysRUs will pick it up? Certainly an unexpected item on their pre-order list.

I wonder if enough of us pre-order from TRU ...

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3181198

Don't even get me started on f'ing TRU!! I'm still waiting for my second refund for a supposed "Best-Lock Battlestar Galactica 1000 pc. set" that never even existed from those twats(didn't stop them from taking my money twice). While I'd love to believe it, I wouldn't hold yer breath. ;)

Interesting that TRU has this listed. Given that they were the only place I ever saw the Speed Racer mates (that I should have picked up when they were clearanced for $2), I wonder if this just became an exclusive instead of being canned. Hmm....may have to watch this link and see what happens. After all, who doesn't want a Mr. T and Hollywood Hogan mate?