UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Glantern's Customs

Glantern

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the compliments everybody!

Oh, C3PO is cool as well! You added some plastic for his upper legs, right?

C3PO has the upper thigh armor from the IM movie MK I. You can't really tell from the picture, but he also has DCD Flash's treaded feet

Thanks again for the compliments guys!

Glad you all liked Han and the Trooper

Well, let's move straight into the 'mates themselves!

STAR WARS Week Day 3!

PRINCESS LEIA:

There is almost no way to make that hair not look silly.

post-2133-1247035615_thumb.jpg

DARTH VADER:

I swear I had like 20 red light sabers laying around before I started on these, but when it came time to take pictures of ol Vader here, not a single saber was to be found. figures

post-2133-1247035623_thumb.jpg

and before we end this installment I will fulfill TTF's request for a picture. Here ya go

post-2133-1247035724_thumb.jpg

And that ends today's installment. Check back tomorrow for the next pair. Thanks for looking! Comments are greatly appreciated.

The new ones look really good. I think Vader could use some more detail on his mask. It looks a little flat right now. Maybe something like the Vader mimobot has. The chest looks nice though.

The Han and Luke Stormtrooper pic is pure awesome. :)

Vader actually does have a good deal of detail on the mask, I just couldn't get any particularly good shots of it, so yes, it looks flat in the picture. I may still change the face anyway.

Edited by Glantern

Vader actually does have a good deal of detail on the mask, I just couldn't get any particularly good shots of it, so yes, it looks flat in the picture. I may still change the face anyway.

Ah, that makes sense now. Your other stuff is so detailed that it seemed weird for him to have no detail on his mask. :)

Thanks for the complimaents guys!

TTF: Glad I could help

First things first. I managed to get a *slightly* better shot of Darth Vader's head, showing a little more detail

post-2133-1247122936_thumb.jpg

And on to STAR WARS Week Day 4!

R2D2:

This one stretches the word "custom" a little bit, but I did do a little work, changing the original figure's legs, and doing some slight repainting(hasbro paint ops suck!)

post-2133-1247122929_thumb.jpg

CHEWBACCA:

Well, gotta say, this is my least favorite of the set. Don't like how the head turned out.

post-2133-1247122942_thumb.jpg

That's it for this installment. Check back tomorrow for the variant figure of the wave, as well as some various group shots of the mates.

thanks for the comments!

Ok, just going straight into STAR WARS Week day 5!

Today, it's the variant:

HAN SOLO IN CARBONITE:

I know, being from ROTJ her doesn't reall fit the theme of the series which so far has been fairly ANH. But I think this idea just looks so cool mateized.

post-2133-1247238636_thumb.jpg

And now, some shots of the 'mates together:

(Some use Galactic Heroes Mllenium Falcon, just in case anyone's wondering)

post-2133-1247238950_thumb.jpg

post-2133-1247238725_thumb.jpg

post-2133-1247238731_thumb.jpg

post-2133-1247238756_thumb.jpg

And that concludes STAR WARS Week! Thanks for looking! comments are appreciated.

Edited by Glantern

I love the group shots! Also, I think Chewie looks fantastic, especially when you can see him from different angles in these other photos. What a cool set of customs!

Yeah, after looking at him from various angles he's kinda grown on me

:D those are freaken awsome dooes darth vader have a light saber and if so can you post pics

As I said when I first posted him, I had a buch set aside to try out for him, but now I am unable to find any

• 3 weeks later...

well, I'm back from a little bit of a break, and I have quite a bit of stuff I can't wait to show off. I've gotten used to doing my stuff a set at a time, so that's a theme I want to keep. I've got an idea that I've been working on for another week of customs which I plan to debute starting Monday of next week, but I figured I would post a WIP pic for you guys to look at. Feel free to guess if you think you know what I'm working on, but just to have some more fun, I'd be quite interested in seeing if you guys can guess what specific characters I'm making. Look for more on Monday.

post-2133-1249093656_thumb.jpg