UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Glantern's Customs

Glantern

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

your stuff is consistantly impressive... great job

i'm particularly a fan off riddler and two-face, plus i love that black canary, the head/hair combo is perfect. she's next on my to-do list after seeing yours.

look forward to seeing more

Thanks for the comments guys! I love hearing feedback so keep it coming.

Today, I'm lookin at the Superman side of the DCU, focusing mostly on the people employed at the Daily Planet.

CLARK KENT:

Superman's alter ego, this guy came together out of pieces I had laying around from a spare 24 Day 1 set. The suit was too perfect not to use. Coupled with a reworked Spiderman 3 Peter Parker hair, he turned out pretty well.

post-2133-1239826352_thumb.jpg

LOIS LANE:

Lois has been in the works for a while. I ended up using the body from one of the chicks from the Day 1 24 set. I replaced the skirt with a hand made piece, and gave her a head from Wonder Woman and hair from a Betty Ross. Faily simple, but an important part of my collection.

post-2133-1239826452_thumb.jpg

PERRY WHITE:

The Chief definitely was essential to my set up, so I needed to make one. He was pretty fun, especially designing the newspaper he's holding. Though you can't see it, there is a full front to the paper.

post-2133-1239826363_thumb.jpgpost-2133-1229468257_thumb.jpg

The Daily Planet News Team!

post-2133-1239826368_thumb.jpg

Edited by Glantern

Well, I'm trying to finish some stuff I've had sitting around for a while, so today we have PLASTIC MAN. I was inspired to finish him after rewatching his appearence on Batman Brave and the Bold. He was reallly fun to play around with, as I wanted him to be streched out like Elongated man, but I didn't want them to be exactly the same.

post-2133-1239826497_thumb.jpg

Edited by Glantern

Okay, finally got some time for some more stuff, following Christmas. I got a new camera from my parents, which I appreciate very much, as it makes taking these pics much easier. No particular theme this time, just gettin my stuff up.

DARKSIED:

post-2133-1239826598_thumb.jpg

HAPPY HOGAN(My second Marvel custom!):

post-2133-1239826645_thumb.jpg

BATMAN BEYOND:

I just got the series on DVD, so you may start to notice a trend relating to who shows up in my next updates.

post-2133-1239826665_thumb.jpg

Comments are always welcome, so please, let me know what you think.

post-2133-1237762378_thumb.jpg

Edited by Glantern

That Darkseid is awesome! great job on the other mates, and i look forward to your future Batman Beyond mates.

Thanks man! I actually have a half finished Shriek sitting on my shelf, he just needs his helmet and gloves and he's done.(Though right now he makes a pretty good Shriev figure. Hmmmm....)

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks once agian for the compliments guys.

So the story of why I made the 'mate shown today is very long and drawn out, so I'll spare you the detaiils. The gist of it is: I was going to make a Deadpool a few months ago, Diamond announced their's, my project was sidelined, The official Deadpool was pushed back, I decided I couldn't wait, I dug mine out, decided that I had to do something unique with him, and finally settled on the following design. Without further ado, I present...

Skrullpool(Deadskrull?) The Skrull with a mouth

post-2133-1232732289_thumb.jpg

Thanks once again for the compliments guys! Glad to know you liked Skrullpool so much.

Let me start this update out by saying I was REALLY looking forward to BSG waves 5 & 6. I also denied their cancellation until DST's Q&A response. Now the acceptance has started to set in, however, that doesn't mean I'm just going to forget about the characters. While digging through my parts bin, I came across certain parts that really made me determined to make my own personal copies of some of these characters. So, I sat down, found prototype shots, captured faces, and picked coresponding parts, to try and finish off the collection.

Reverend Cavil( Number One):

post-2133-1239826824_thumb.jpgpost-2133-1232940748_thumb.jpg

Leoben(Number 2?):

This guy's my favorite character on the show, so he was a must, but, I decided to take an artistic license with him, basing him on his appearances while exploring earth, as that design was slightly easier.

post-2133-1239826834_thumb.jpgpost-2133-1232940293_thumb.jpg

Captive Six:

post-2133-1239826841_thumb.jpgpost-2133-1232940251_thumb.jpg

Sam Anders:

post-2133-1239826853_thumb.jpgpost-2133-1232940765_thumb.jpg

Aaron Doral:

post-2133-1239826858_thumb.jpgpost-2133-1232940824_thumb.jpg

Edited by Glantern

No love for D'anna or Natalie?? Just kidding, those are great!! I love me some Cylons, and i can't figure out if i liek the protoytpes or yours better!! :D

I also find it funny that you basically used the same thing for Leoben as i did my D'anna, both in their Season 4, "Earth" attire. I guess BSG isn't known for their variety of costumes...;)

No love for D'anna or Natalie?? Just kidding, those are great!! I love me some Cylons, and i can't figure out if i liek the protoytpes or yours better!! :D

I also find it funny that you basically used the same thing for Leoben as i did my D'anna, both in their Season 4, "Earth" attire. I guess BSG isn't known for their variety of costumes...;)

Definitely planning on at least improving the previous D'anna with the new face, but she hasn't been done yet, and as for Natalie, she needs a unique hair sculpt, which I haven't had the tome to try and sculpt it.

I only bought BSG stuff for parts, so I don't know anything about characters.

But the versions you did to get what they'd solicited and aren't making look just about spot on (the lack of straps on the Captive Six's shirt are all that I can see). They look fantastic!

The "lack of stripes" is because he put fleshie arms on the under-body of Pegasus Six. I do that a lot myself, actually. I assume Glantern didn't because i'td be ruining a somewhat hard to find mate that goes for a lot these days.

They really are great; i assume next we'll see Simon and the rest of the five?? Still waitin on D'anna though. ;) No, i'm kidding; don't rush yourself, because these look really spectacular!! :)

Edited by Twisted Two-Face

• 4 weeks later...

thanks once again fo the compliments guys. Sorry it's taken me so long to update, but life's been pretty hectic lately. I haven't had any time to finish an actual 'mates lately, but I have had some time to do some designs. For the next few updates I going to be stealing some of Chazwinski's thunder and post some 'mate designs of a few original characters I've come up with over the years.

Today I'll be showing my team The Prevailers

STAFF

special ablilities:Training in the Martial Arts; Advanced atheletics

civilian identity:William Masterson

post-2133-1235231626_thumb.jpg

SAMPSON

special ablilities:Flight; Super Strength; Toughness

civilian identity: None

post-2133-1235231647_thumb.jpg

BUSINESS

special ablilities:None

civilian identity:Chad Wilson

post-2133-1235231659_thumb.jpg

SPEEDBAND

special ablilities:Super Speed

civilian identity:James Wilson

post-2133-1235231684_thumb.jpg

TECH

special ablilities: Advanced intelligence; Cybernetic replacements of most vital organs.

civilian identity:Henry Adams

post-2133-1235231690_thumb.jpg

ARROW HEAD

special ablilities:Perfect Aim

civilian identity:Richard Arch

post-2133-1235231708_thumb.jpg

EXAGERATION

special ablilities: Shape-Shifting

civilian identity:Ernie Williams

post-2133-1235231727_thumb.jpg

SHRINK

special ablilities: Control over "Size Percentage" of everything around him

civilian identity:Dr. Clark Allen

post-2133-1235231743_thumb.jpg

THE LISTENER

special ablilities:Control of Hypersonics

civilian identity:Joan Hayman

post-2133-1235231715_thumb.jpg

GYRO-BLAST

special ablilities:Emition of Energy Blasts from hands

civilian identity:Nathan Hall

post-2133-1235231733_thumb.jpg

And Now the team's first enemy

SYNN

special ablilities:Mutated Brain allows for Superior Intelligence; shape shifting

civilian identity:Uknown

post-2133-1235231756_thumb.jpg

Ok that's all for today. Enjoy, and remember: Comment's are always welcome