UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Attn Wii Owners: Say No to Wii Music

neolego

So, Nintendo has announced the release date for Wii Music: October 20th.

Wii owners, we need to make a stand. I'm petitioning to all the Wii Owners here on the board to NOT buy Wii Music, and encourage all those you know to NOT buy the game as well. Nintendo has turned it's once diehard fanbase into a second thought as they push boxes of crap onto the store shelves and lure in the Casual Gamers. While there is nothing wrong with that, to think the only 2 notable Nintendo releases this year is Animal Crossing and Wii Music is laughable. However, as a Nintendo fan, there has been more that once that I've bought crap just because it said Nintendo on the box - - - Yeah, I'm looking at you Link's Crossbow Training. So, I'm writing to plead with you guys to stop this madness. If we as a whole can show Nintendo that they will have to put a little more effort into their games to make them hits, maybe they'll start respecting the fans more.

So, I'm calling all the Wii Owners to Arms. STOP - BUYING - CRAP!! Won't you join me in my quest! Pass the word, tell all your friends. No Wii Music. No Wii Music. No Wii Music. I rest my case. neo

I'm defintely not gonna buy Wii Music. I might if it was a proper music game with PROPER controls, instead of "wave it around and press random buttons in time to the music".

I was rather dissapointed that that was all we got from E3 this year, with Animal Crossing being the only not-only-for-casual-gamers game.

There are just too many bad games on the Wii - Ace of Clubs, Carnival Gmaes, Sports Party, Game Party, etc. - The list goes on!

And while games like that are selling by the bucketload, great games like Zack and Wiki and Okami (definately one of the best games on the wii) are going unnoticed.

I'm fine with Nintendo's new direction- it's getting them lots of sales- but what annoys me is that they seem to have forgotten the gamers, who have been there since day 1. I know Mario, Zelda, and Pikmin are in dvelopment, but why not announce it at E3? Did they really think casuals are going to watch E3? They may as well make a new convention - The casual game's convention.

My long rant.

Vig.

Wasn't gonna buy it...still ain't buyin' it.

Nintendo will always feed us crap, though, becasue they have yet to realized that most of their fans have grown up and want frakkin' more mature games!!!

Wii is a great console, and is definetly opening doors for video game future. Nintendo is ruining it with crap. Hass anyone seen Madden '09 for the Wii?! Why the hell do you want to ruin a football franchise with that, Nintendo?!

And in the words of BSG:

Stop putting crap on our shelves "So Say We All!!!"

I'm in on this protest.

I've had enough too. In fact, I own very few Wii games because these are the ones I know to be good. My entire collection right now is Metroid Corruption, Twilight Princess, Mario Galaxy, Force Unleashed, Brawl, Sports (Which I never play), House of the Dead (STRESS RELIEF!), Mario Kart, Pirates of the Caribbean (This one was free from Coke rewards), and Super Paper Mario (Love this

F$#%ing game). This will son include LEGO Batman and Ghostbusters (Both of which promise to be amazing)

Understand, this is very little compared to my extensive and almost limitless PS2 library, almost all of which I love and play a lot. (Kingdom Hearts, God of War ect) (if you've never played Kingdom Hearts, do it now. Leave your house now and go rent it. If you don't have a PS2 or PS3, find someone who does and play it until you beat it. You will not regret it.)

Shovelware sucks.

I'm in on this protest.

I've had enough too. In fact, I own very few Wii games because these are the ones I know to be good. My entire collection right now is Metroid Corruption, Twilight Princess, Mario Galaxy, Force Unleashed, Brawl, Sports (Which I never play), House of the Dead (STRESS RELIEF!), Mario Kart, Pirates of the Caribbean (This one was free from Coke rewards), and Super Paper Mario (Love this

F$#%ing game). This will son include LEGO Batman and Ghostbusters (Both of which promise to be amazing)

Understand, this is very little compared to my extensive and almost limitless PS2 library, almost all of which I love and play a lot. (Kingdom Hearts, God of War ect) (if you've never played Kingdom Hearts, do it now. Leave your house now and go rent it. If you don't have a PS2 or PS3, find someone who does and play it until you beat it. You will not regret it.)

Shovelware sucks.

Pre-ordered lego batman and expecting to love it and not put it in my "I-hate-the-frakkin'-Wii" pile (yeah...i have one...)

Hopefully i get my Joker Keychain!

Edited by Twisted Two-Face

I'm in on this protest.

Shovelware sucks.

Pre-ordered lego batman and expecting to love it and not out it in my "I-hate-the-frakkin'-Wii" pile (yeah...i have one...)

Hopefully i get my Joker Keychain!

Add me to the list of people psyched for Lego Batman/Hating shovel-ware...

I think we should also take into account that the Wii--put simply--is not a system for "die-hard gamers." It's a revolutionary piece of hardware meant to bring semi-physical activity and variety into what was previously a market meant pretty specifically for boys (and their dads, sometimes). The Wii is not just another gaming console. It's in a category of its own, catering to seniors, small children, and "fun family" types. Things like House of the Dead, Metroid Prime 3: Corruption, Super Mario Galaxy simply make sense (I may dare say as afterthoughts); since Nintendo is producing the console, they should produce the games as well, to draw "gamers" like you and I into what is really a market not meant for us.

I bought a Wii for SSB: Brawl. That's it. My parents greatly enjoy Boom Blox, and my sister likes Mario Kart Wii. I have fun with Sports, every once in a while, but the Wii in itself was kind of a waste of money for me.

Basically, what I'm saying is: the Wii is not a gaming console. Don't look at it as one. This machine appeals to people who have no idea what "320GB HD" means.

I agree, though, that even from senior's/child's/parent's/general non-gamer's prospective, Wii Music looks really stupid.

Everything you read above is, of course, my opinion--and you're welcome to tell me I'm wrong. :)

I think we should also take into account that the Wii--put simply--is not a system for "die-hard gamers." It's a revolutionary piece of hardware meant to bring semi-physical activity and variety into what was previously a market meant pretty specifically for boys (and their dads, sometimes). The Wii is not just another gaming console. It's in a category of its own, catering to seniors, small children, and "fun family" types. Things like House of the Dead, Metroid Prime 3: Corruption, Super Mario Galaxy simply make sense (I may dare say as afterthoughts); since Nintendo is producing the console, they should produce the games as well, to draw "gamers" like you and I into what is really a market not meant for us.

I bought a Wii for SSB: Brawl. That's it. My parents greatly enjoy Boom Blox, and my sister likes Mario Kart Wii. I have fun with Sports, every once in a while, but the Wii in itself was kind of a waste of money for me.

Basically, what I'm saying is: the Wii is not a gaming console. Don't look at it as one. This machine appeals to people who have no idea what "320GB HD" means.

I agree, though, that even from senior's/child's/parent's/general non-gamer's prospective, Wii Music looks really stupid.

Everything you read above is, of course, my opinion--and you're welcome to tell me I'm wrong. :)

No tellin' wrong here, though i do play Sports (bowling!) :lol::lol:

Edited by Twisted Two-Face

<snip>

I wouldn't tell you that you're wrong, that's Timbo's job. But, I would like to add that I am aware they system is made for more user friendly, casual gaming mainly because of the remote. I get it and I love Wii Sports and Boom Bloxs for that very reason. My point is, Nintendo has the ability to makes hardcore games even without the Bells and Whistles. The system was launched with Twilight Princess (even though it was a GameCube game, it was still amamzing). Then there is Metroid Prime: 3. Super Paper Mario is another great one. And, of course, the best on the system so far, Super Mario Galaxy. All I'm saying is that we are going into a holiday season without once single significant Nintendo release. It would be a different story if we'd had a bunch of other stuff this year, but we have. We've got Smash Bros and that's basically it. We did get Mario Kart, but that was even made more of a Casual game....much like Animal Crossing. Where is Pikmin 2? We've heard a lot about Kid Icarus, where is it? Luigi's Mansion 2? F-Zero? Star Fox? Kirby? New Zelda? Metroid? Fire Emblem? PokeMon? and I could go on but I won't. Heck, I'd even settle for the oft rumored Metroid Prime Remake which includes the first 2 games with Wii Controls. Just something for the hardcore people that have stayed by Nintendo though the GameCube days! Throw us a bone! lol

All of that being said, Nintendo did announce a Media Event for the October last week. What that means, I'm not sure, but maybe they've realized after all the negative feelings from E3 that they better do something. So, I still refuse to even look at Wii Music in the Game Case, I am still going to hold out Hope that Nintendo may actually have something to offer to me by the end of the year! neo

Slightly off-topic but, if anyone has a Wii and fancies some online battles, here's my Friend Codes for the following games:

Super Smash Bros Brawl - 0130 1595 9999

Mario Kart - 5155 3646 3243

Guitar Hero III - 2921 7804 2914

and here's my Wii code - 6643 1726 3025 7636

Please post yours' or PM me so we can arrange a battle :highfive2:

<snip>

I wouldn't tell you that you're wrong, that's Timbo's job. But, I would like to add that I am aware they system is made for more user friendly, casual gaming mainly because of the remote. I get it and I love Wii Sports and Boom Bloxs for that very reason. My point is, Nintendo has the ability to makes hardcore games even without the Bells and Whistles. The system was launched with Twilight Princess (even though it was a GameCube game, it was still amamzing). Then there is Metroid Prime: 3. Super Paper Mario is another great one. And, of course, the best on the system so far, Super Mario Galaxy. All I'm saying is that we are going into a holiday season without once single significant Nintendo release. It would be a different story if we'd had a bunch of other stuff this year, but we have. We've got Smash Bros and that's basically it. We did get Mario Kart, but that was even made more of a Casual game....much like Animal Crossing. Where is Pikmin 2? We've heard a lot about Kid Icarus, where is it? Luigi's Mansion 2? F-Zero? Star Fox? Kirby? New Zelda? Metroid? Fire Emblem? PokeMon? and I could go on but I won't. Heck, I'd even settle for the oft rumored Metroid Prime Remake which includes the first 2 games with Wii Controls. Just something for the hardcore people that have stayed by Nintendo though the GameCube days! Throw us a bone! lol

All of that being said, Nintendo did announce a Media Event for the October last week. What that means, I'm not sure, but maybe they've realized after all the negative feelings from E3 that they better do something. So, I still refuse to even look at Wii Music in the Game Case, I am still going to hold out Hope that Nintendo may actually have something to offer to me by the end of the year! neo

There was a new Fire Emblem Neo, just throwing that out there.

ohhhh how did I miss this thread... :)

*geefully rubs hands together*

What is this dissent in the ranks of Wii fans... ;)

I'm not going to gloat (much) and say "Isn't this what I've been telling you guys for a long time."

The biggest hurdle gamers ( as opposed to grandma's) suffer is that Nintendo know the market for this console will buy it to play wii sports as a novelty and then put it in the cupboard to gather dust. The crowd that is anything close to being into games will see past the gimmicky controller and move onto something that will give them a better quality gaming experience. Nintendo know most of the income from the Wii is new hardware, from what I've seen there is very little uptake on software so it's not surprising there isn't a deluge of quality stuff coming down the pipe.

If you ask me Nintendo should have gone software only years ago (pre-gamecube) it would mean that you wouldn't have to wade through so much shovelware to get your beloved 'franchise' games.

T.

• 3 weeks later...

There are good wii games but I do agree they can be thin on the ground. You just have to read alot of reviews and not get blinded by the hype of whatever the latest franchise advert game is.

I am still much enjoying my wii and it is the first console my girlfriend will go anywhere near playing on a wii is a more social affair then anything else I have found. Anyway onto the games.

Me I like playing "No More Heroes" for some hack an slash fighty action, also a newer game out is called "De Blob" lots of fun very quirky and reminds me of "Jet Grind Radio" on the Dreamcast.

If we have a room full of ppl then "Sonic Mario Olympics" is a a great party game as everyone can pump the controls for a running match and sometimes its hard to run for laughing at the concentration on ppl's faces.

As I said for me the wii is a group experience to get the best out of it. I know there are better graphics and better games on other consoles but for a family type of thing that is where the wii wins out for me.

I read an interesting article the other day on Nintendo itself.

The company hasn't always been a videogame company, it started by making playing cards (Apparently it's 120 yrs old) and various other things that I was mildly surprised at.

The jist of the article is that it seems that Nintendo is once again reinventing and becoming a lifestyle company rather than the hardcore videogame company that we grew up with.

If anyone is curious to read more dig out a british video games magazine called 'edge' Issue 193.

T.

I read an interesting article the other day on Nintendo itself.

The company hasn't always been a videogame company, it started by making playing cards (Apparently it's 120 yrs old) and various other things that I was mildly surprised at.

The jist of the article is that it seems that Nintendo is once again reinventing and becoming a lifestyle company rather than the hardcore videogame company that we grew up with.

If anyone is curious to read more dig out a british video games magazine called 'edge' Issue 193.

T.

Strangly I read said article a while back. I agree, very interesting how long they have been around.

So this is ironic.

Turns out the game you guys decided to boycott (not me, I don't play ANY Wii games anymore) is actually good. :P

http://www.1up.com/do/reviewPage?cId=3170709

No to burst your bubble, but looks like a very amature review. Here's an official one, that backs up what I've been preaching:

IGN - Wii Music Review

Alas, do not buy this game people!!!! neo

Ahhh, Neo.

Always determined to be "right."

Honestly, I won't be playing Wii music no matter what. I'm got tired of what Nintendo is passing for games a long time ago.

I WILL however disagree on your statement about "amateur review."

Jenn is one of the most promonent reviewers for 1up.com, the company who puts out Electronic Gaming Monthly (the BIGGEST monthly video game magazine in the world).

She has been reviewing games for several years now and definetly knows her stuff.

Also, you can see on IGN the other reviews it's received from the press.

The IGN rating you linked is considerably lower than any others there.

I also ran it through google and couldn't find any other low reviews.

Like I said before, I couldn't care less if this game succeeds. Actually, I would probably prefer if it didn't.

I DO however have a great deal of respect for 1up.com and consider them the most credible centre for video game information out there.

Having worked at gamestop for a little over a year now, I've definately noticed most of the things mentioned in this thread (targeted at non gamers, shovelware, ets.). However, one thing that I noticed even back in march was that Nintendo had CRAP lined up for the holiday season. Then, come july (at E3), they demo this garbage game and more games for the wii fit (a glorified scale). Anyway, I bought a wii on launch day, all psyched out for it (like cartman from that south park episode). A little over a year later, after having only played a total of FIVE games for the system, I traded in my console controllers and ssbb for 300 bucks. Moral of the story, if you actually like video games, grab a 360, or even a ps3. If you want a enjoyable Nintendo experience, grab some N64 gear from ebay or a yard sale, or even an old school SNES. You won't regret it.

Edited by Randymarsh