UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Batten down the hatches!

Shanester

How long does hurricane season typically last?

Technically it lasts from June through to the end of November, I think. But we seem to see the most activity from mid-August through mid October or so.

Yeah, um. . .FUCK!

Yeah my man, thats what I said verbatim, when I got this alert earlier.

As Karamazov said, its technically the first of June until the end of November, but history shows the August/September months as the real busy ones.

Karamazov, I evacuated NOLA and stayed at my sis-in-laws in Baton Rouge for Katrina. It took me six hours to get the 70 miles and then the neighborhood I was in had trees down everywhere after the storm hit, so we were without power for a week at her house.

I'm going to my father-in-laws house in a few minutes to get his boat out of the water.

Karamazov, I evacuated NOLA and stayed at my sis-in-laws in Baton Rouge for Katrina. It took me six hours to get the 70 miles and then the neighborhood I was in had trees down everywhere after the storm hit, so we were without power for a week at her house.

I'm going to my father-in-laws house in a few minutes to get his boat out of the water.

I was here in BR when it happened, and at the time my roommate's family stayed with us in our 2-bedroom place for 2 weeks. I have family in Marrero/Lafitte and Slidell who fled to stay with family in northern Alabama. The traffic sucked for them, but probably no worse than what you encountered, since so many people were coming to Baton Rouge/Texas via I-10. My sister got 7 feet of water in her place and they had to completely rebuild. Obviously, in Baton Rouge we don't have as much to worry about as you fellas, but this sucks for the rest of my family. C'mon hand of God! Smite this thing now!

Edited by karamazov80

I want it to make a sudden turn and hit France at the highest category possible. Then die a painful death.

As you can tell, I don't really like the French.

Damn it. Looking at the picture, I see it won't even affect North Georgia where we need the damn rain.

Sucks.

Edited by Trekker 42

Damn, Shane, this is the LAST thing that New Orleans needs. I'll be hoping for the best for you and your family.

Dang Gustav......that's just like the Germans, can't trust them as far as you can throw them :).

All kidding aside, I wish you best buddy, you'll be in my prayers through the weekend. I was raise in Florida so I know what it's like buddy. I've lived through Andrew and Floyd and both were pretty bad in their own right. Andrew was actually the worst in like 50 years until Katrina, so they are nothing to play around with. Just be safe and let us know if there is anything we can do for ya!

neo

I'll keep in touch as best I can. After Katrina, there was no electricity for a couple months and cell traffic was spotty at best.

I'm still hoping these storms just die out...

I'll keep in touch as best I can. After Katrina, there was no electricity for a couple months and cell traffic was spotty at best.

I'm still hoping these storms just die out...

well, i wish u and everybody the best of luck and all the strength u can use, u know just in case.

i really wish it breaks down, man :(

Heh, looks like I jumped out of the path of it just in time.

Does anyone else think God hates New Orleans?

"Hey, hey Jesus, watch this. Class 5 in the center pocket,"

"Aw, Dad, you always hit it there. Leave those poor people alone,"

Dude, that sounds like a Family Guy cutaway gag. Watch it, that's going to show up on the show in about a month. Fox has spies everywhere. EVERYWHERE!

Even some of the trees are on her side. (If you can name where that's from, you win the Trekker 42 Movie No-Prize)

TM2, I know you don't mean any offense or ill will, and was just kidding. But personally, I don't think that its funny. I've lived here for 14 years, my wife has grown up here, we have been raising two sons here for 13 years, we have a house, roots and a great family here. God hates New Orleans because we had a storm here in 2005 and have the threat of a storm now? Nope...not funny.

TM2, I know you don't mean any offense or ill will, and was just kidding. But personally, I don't think that its funny. I've lived here for 14 years, my wife has grown up here, we have been raising two sons here for 13 years, we have a house, roots and a great family here. God hates New Orleans because we had a storm here in 2005 and have the threat of a storm now? Nope...not funny.

Sorry man, that was a bit crude, I know. I do hope you and yours stay safe. If it makes you feel better, I'll be headed back to Lake Charles with my roomie after the storm so I can sit on the counter with a .22 while he mans the store. :/

Even some of the trees are on her side. (If you can name where that's from, you win the Trekker 42 Movie No-Prize)

Narnia? The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe?

Narnia? The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe?

And the No-Prize goes to Dan!

Nice man, next time I do this, I'll have to be much more obscure.

Edited by Trekker 42