UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Spirit Minimates

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ouch, this morning I was really excited for the Spirit. Now after seeing the complete box set and exclusive two pack. I will only be buying them to give hope towards classic blue and keep my minimate collection complete. Boy I wish it wasn't Frank Miller doing the Spirit. This worries me even more so about how the movie will be.

Can't wiat! aw some Spirit comics in my Comic Shop before i learned about the movie, and looked at him like a combo of Batman and Bond:

Detective skills+mask, ladies!

The two-pack sounds interesting; i'm hooked even though i don't know what it'll be!

Never thought i'd reply to my own comment. I've gotta say; i thought i liked them then, i KNOW i like them now!

I love the "battle-damaged" spirit; that just looks cool.

Not too shabby. I mean I don't really know the Spirit, but I hear good things. Of Course this is the Frank Miller version and not the Comic Version. Overall a good "custom" minimate

I can see a matrix custom body (minus the tie).

hat and hair Indiana Jones

head, for a winter soldier custom

You know with a Admiral Adama head-swap, you have Toht from Raiders.(Good evening fraulein....) :P

Edited by bilbofett

And honestly, I'm sorry, but the whole leather-and-cleavage thing is just overdone. In my humble opinion, Ms. Mendes herself is overdone. The Minimate and the actress it's based on both look like gussied-up hookers.

I agree with you about her -- I've thought that for a while now.

And honestly, I'm sorry, but the whole leather-and-cleavage thing is just overdone. In my humble opinion, Ms. Mendes herself is overdone. The Minimate and the actress it's based on both look like gussied-up hookers.

I agree with you about her -- I've thought that for a while now.

The self-described slut who's had sex in all fifty states is not a good actress (in my opinion), either. :( I was excited about The Spirit film until I heard she was the "babe" in it. Ah, well. Maybe her character dies a horrible death.

...but then, her lack of acting ability would get in the way of pulling even that off nicely...CGI, maybe?

Liking the Spirit's tie, though. 3D really looks good on him. Think DST will be pulling this off with more Minimates in the future? With a little modification, I can see that making a nice Hitman custom... :D

And his hair...is that as big as it looks?

Edited by Alpheon

The self-described slut who's had sex in all fifty states is not a good actress (in my opinion), either.

I kind of hate celebrity news, but one of my best friends is obsessed with it so whenever I'm at her house I end up sitting through shows like Access Hollywood -- so even though I have no opinion about Eva Mendes, I do know that that whole "sex in 50 states" thing was a fake story made up by some sleazy British tabloid.

Even in the fake story, it was saying she slept with *one* guy in all 50 states when they went on a road trip across America together, which doesn't make her much of a "slut". Also I hate that word at least as much as I hate celebrity news, but that's just me :)

Mini-rant-defending-Eva-Mendes'-honor officially over...

As for Spirit minimates, I also wish they'd do a classic version with the blue suit/smiling... the Miller version looks too serious...

Edited by battlecat

I'm sorry. I really didn't mean to hijack the thread--and I now see that my comments were inappropriately placed. I apologize.

Also, my comments were not well enough informed, and I shouldn't have said anything without knowing the facts. I don't know her personally, so all I can give observations on is my own judge of character from her interviews, photos, and movie performances. Unfortunately, the information I "shared" here came only from bits and pieces I'd read on the internet. Hardly a reliable source. I understood, though, that it certainly wasn't fifty different men. Ouch.

Anyway, keeping this topic kid friendly, I agree, blackcat. This Spirit really is too serious, too dark; too Frank-Millered. I kind of wish they'd kept some of the feel of the original comics...but I suppose we'll only know when the movie is released.

I don't know anything about the Spirit, but I really like the Minimate. I like the whole Black and Red thing he has going on, and the long coat, and the hat. He looks pretty cool. I may try to get him on his own.

edit: ok I just watched the trailers. This film looks awesome. I can't wait.

Edited by Dan