UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

The Beast

Steel72

I don't know about anyone else but the best news for me was the Beast figure debuting at SDCC. While he is not my favorite character (or even X-Man) I was pumped because we were getting the last piece for the original X-Men team. I don't count the Sheepdog version released previously. I couldn't wait to see what he would look like without the Skrull face so I used the paint program to quench my curiosity. Enjoy.

post-744-1217391422_thumb.jpg

That Beast was clearly the best news to come out of SDCC period, in my opinion :)

Nice photoshop, btw. He looks absolutely perfect. It's just too bad that I'll need to get 2--one to go with my X-Men, and one to go with my Avengers :(

oh this is the avengers beast no question.

you know the more i collect minimates, the more i have found i am more fond of the avengers in this format than any other characters.

x men, while i have them i could live with out em

spider-man is the marvel "batman" with the cool rouges gallery and they would be missed

but the avengers...man oh man do these guys rock in minimate form

I was telling my wife the other night, I am going to cut back on minimates and only get the marvel ones. in fact only the avenger ones.

so when it comes to begging lists

expect to see me beg for

hercules

black knight

black widow

captain marvel

tigra

wonderman in safari jacket

yellow jacket

etc etc

moc847

I was telling my wife the other night,

I have to ask, did you get the obligatory 'invisible eye-roll' that I just assume I am always getting when I mention anything toy related to my wife? It's usually followed by 'Oh, really. That's interesting.', which I know she is always lying about.

And yes, I think the Beast was the best of the little news we got. Of course, I'm still hoping for him in an original X-Men boxset sometime.

I have to ask, did you get the obligatory 'invisible eye-roll' that I just assume I am always getting when I mention anything toy related to my wife? It's usually followed by 'Oh, really. That's interesting.', which I know she is always lying about.

And yes, I think the Beast was the best of the little news we got. Of course, I'm still hoping for him in an original X-Men boxset sometime.

You told your wife??? Mine has no idea of the extent of what I have in minimate form let alone how much I have spent on them over the last three years. You are braver than I am.

Now if only he had glasses and a lab coat. I'm serious!

Well, the lab coat is an easy enough remedy, but I guess the glasses would have to be a custom job. Of course, he should also have a test tube or something.

Thank you for fully reinforcing what a lucky man I am to have the wife I do. All I had to do is take her to SDCC once and with the exception of last year, we've been there every year since. Not to fully derail the thread, it is about Beast after all, but didn't your signifigant others know of your hobbies before you got together? It's kind of like the chick who married a guy who was really into Star Wars on Dr. Phil the other night :ermm: They had a SW wedding and yet she's surprised this takes a bit of his life? C'MON, really?!?!? I know it's hard, a buddy of mine is still searching for that one who will accept his collecting, but your partners knew you collected before you tied the knot.

My feeling is nothing should have changed when you got married. As long as the bills are paid, my wife is happy. She was the one that actually pushed me into the Minimate arena, if you can believe that. At the time I was picking up the LOTR and TRU's Marvel 10 pack for folks on the old AA forum, next thing I know I have some of them in my collection. So, trust me, if Minimates are the only thing in your collection, I think your wives need to count themselves lucky ;) My collection has gone in so many directions, I have to cut back and stop being the completist I was in the past. Back on topic, the Beast Mate would be cool if it came with a Wonder Man Mate. As the Beast is the Perez Beast, not the X-Men Beast.

9421406_730f5c68b5.jpgbeast.jpg

Edited by The_Donster

Or my favorite "I've heard about this for the 3rd time." with the eye roll. Although she has gone out of her way to buy me minimates without me asking in the past. And when her sister's dog ate 1 Defenders boxset, 1 Marvel Zombies boxset, 2 Hobgoblin/Scarlet Spider packs, and 1 Jack Bauer/Nina Myers packs she was upset and promised she would make it up to me. I would love an Original X-Men Boxset (black and yellow and the ones from the Giant Sized X-Men boxset)

I was so pumped when I saw the Secret Inasion minimates on display at SDCC! My wife was there with me and I totally agree that if you have a wife that will come with you to something like that and support you in your hobby of collecting you are a lucky man and that I am! There is a 400$ Lego Death Star coming out and when I showed her the picture of it she says "well you'll just have to get that one cause it is frakkin awesome." It doesn't get much better than that. Not to mention she thinks minimates are cute so she is excited when I show her pics of upcoming sets.

Donster I could care less which Beast it is. The X-Men one sucked ergo this one goes with X-Men.

Are you talking about the one that went with Kitty Pryde T42? If that's the case, it didn't suck, it was a perfect interpretation of the Whedon-Cassady run of X-Men at the time. While this one is more inline with the Perez Avengers. That was the point I was making, nothing more :)

Donster I could care less which Beast it is. The X-Men one sucked ergo this one goes with X-Men.

Are you talking about the one that went with Kitty Pryde T42? If that's the case, it didn't suck, it was a perfect interpretation of the Whedon-Cassady run of X-Men at the time. While this one is more inline with the Perez Avengers. That was the point I was making, nothing more :)

Aha. The reason I thought it sucked is because:

A) I don't like cat Beast and

B ) the hairpiece never could stay on on mine.

Ergo, it kinda sucked. Still, this Beast is the definitive Beast for me. Besides, he did go with an X-team once: Remember the original X-Factor?

Your point is good, but for my usual playing and the fact that this Beast helps in recreating X-Men Legends 2 in Minimate form, he's going to be in X-Men.

Now we need an AOA boxset just because that's probably the only place we'd ever get a Mikhail Rasputin. Ever.

XML 2 rocks more than the first one. That is all.

Edited by Trekker 42

• 1 month later...
o

expect to see me beg for

hercules

black knight

black widow

captain marvel

tigra

yellow jacket

etc etc

Man, you said it! Throw in a Falcon, Red Skull, Titanium Man, Crimson Dynamo, Mandarin, Kang, Vulture, Electro, Beetle, Lizard, Scorpion, Dormammu, the Ancient One, Baron Mordo, Wong, Odin, Balder, Sif, Hela, the Warriors Three, Heimdall, Diablo and Dragon Man and I'd be in Heaven!

Not TOO much to ask for! :)

Edited by Mystery Man

o

expect to see me beg for

hercules

black knight

black widow

captain marvel

tigra

yellow jacket

etc etc

Man, you said it! Throw in a Falcon, Red Skull, Titanium Man, Crimson Dynamo, Mandarin, Kang, Vulture, Electro, Beetle, Lizard, Scorpion, Dormammu, the Ancient One, Baron Mordo, Wong, Odin, Balder, Sif, Hela, the Warriors Three, Heimdall, Diablo and Dragon Man and I'd be in Heaven!

Not TOO much to ask for! :)

Oh, no. I can tell you are a very simple person who ask for too much on his plate! :biggrin:

But the set really looks awesome. And i am sure many will murder me in my sleep for this, but i actually am buying it for phoenix and Jewel. To me they really look amazing, like Marvel is adopting alot of DC's minimate standards now that they are out of the running. Hell, even the new hair sculpt's are incredibly detailed in ways on DC has shown us!