UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Minimate Hunt 2008 banter thread.

TBT!

There is no chance of me getting all the pictures done. It's okay if I just send the ones I have managed to do isnt it?

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i am going to play hungry hungry hippos

Just about the most arbitrary game that I know, but fun for kids with lots of energy who just want to smack something (the Hippo lever, in this case).

Perfect for Max then from a quick glance at his submitted pix ;)

What's your favourite game then KMZ?

The entries are coming thick and fast today ( last minute slackers the lot of you!) so I'm just checking that the emails and images are there. If I have any missing or need clarification then I'll prob shoot you guys PM's over the next couple of days.

T.

hey T.,

is there any way you could extend the contest one more day. we have had nonstop rain for the last four days, so i have not been able to take 5 or so pictures. it is suppoused to stop raining tonight, so tommorw i'd ahve a chance to finish.

if not, thats fine, i will just submit the ones that i finished.

thanks

Edited by the punisher=D

hey T.,

is there any way you could extend the contest one more day. we have had nonstop rain for the last four days, so i have not been able to take 5 or so pictures. it is suppoused to stop raining tonight, so tommorw i'd ahve a chance to finish.

if not, thats fine, i will just submit the ones that i finished.

thanks

Hey Punisher,

Because I've already extended the deadline by a week and you've had almost a whole month to get those pix then I'm going to be strick ( Boo! to those evil contest staff) and say no. Doesn't stop you going outside with an umbrella though!

Besides what happens if it's raining tomorrow?

T.

What's your favourite game then KMZ?

That would have to be Chutes and Ladders, an equally arbitrary game that requires far less aggression.

Ok in that case put me down for Hungry Hippo's ;) Chutes(snakes) and ladders is singularly the most pointless and frustrating board game even invented, except perhaps monopoly which pretends to have more interaction but us designed to never finish until someone gets upset and upturns the board out of sheer frustration at how dull the game is ;)

*oops off topic I know but as a boardgame geek I'm always curious when people mention boardgames.

T.

Done and in!!! Unfortunately, the higher point values aren't my friends...Nearly impossible to dress up (so much detail) don't know any celebs in New Jersey, not really a place for me to post furnace outside of the forum, and i wasn't sure if the the do-as-many-as-possible-in-one could use repeated images. (Darn you TBT! and your hating my asking of questions :P !!)

Well, hopefully this doesn't stop me from placing, because i really want that set of 'mates. I would settle for a Six or orange exclusive, though :P !!

Oh, and if anyone knows if we can repeat images, could you answer before midnight? I might just have time to send i last pic... ;)

Oh, and for my first contest, i had alot of fun!!! I wonder what those secret challenges are...

Done and in!!! Unfortunately, the higher point values aren't my friends...Nearly impossible to dress up (so much detail) don't know any celebs in New Jersey, not really a place for me to post furnace outside of the forum, and i wasn't sure if the the do-as-many-as-possible-in-one could use repeated images. (Darn you TBT! and your hating my asking of questions :P !!)

Well, hopefully this doesn't stop me from placing, because i really want that set of 'mates. I would settle for a Six or orange exclusive, though :P !!

Oh, and if anyone knows if we can repeat images, could you answer before midnight? I might just have time to send i last pic... ;)

Oh, and for my first contest, i had alot of fun!!! I wonder what those secret challenges are...

You win the award for the most questions asked, especially ones that were either obvious from the rules or had already been answered... sadly there is no prize for that! ;)

The "as many in one" is real simple... you have to fit as many challenges into a single image as you can. So yes you can use the same idea BUT they need to be retaken in ONE image.

Ideally you should also label it with the challenge number, something you've neglected to do with the images you have sent so far.

T.

p.s. part 2 turned up but there is no sign of part one of your entry yet, if it doesn't show I will let you know.

You win the award for the most questions asked, especially ones that were either obvious from the rules or had already been answered... sadly there is no prize for that! ;)

The "as many in one" is real simple... you have to fit as many challenges into a single image as you can. So yes you can use the same idea BUT they need to be retaken in ONE image.

Ideally you should also label it with the challenge number, something you've neglected to do with the images you have sent so far.

T.

p.s. part 2 turned up but there is no sign of part one of your entry yet, if it doesn't show I will let you know.

Sorry, i'll resend part 1!

Are you sure ther's no prize? ;)

Ok I just sent mine in!!! MAN that was SOOO MUCH FUN!!! I pulled out toys I havent seen in years. My minimate travled all around this town and even to a different city. Thank you so much for doing this.

For my celebrity pic I used an obscure celebrity. Hes a comic book artist/writer who has had many issues of his comic distributed world wide since the early 80's and has been published monthly in Penthouse magazine in the 80's. I hope he counts as a celebrity. (He lives here in my home town) Im not sure if im supposed to say who he is at this point or not. I dont want to disqualify my entry...

And I must say...I found Chianti but DARN THOSE FAVA BEANS!!!! I even had the store manager looking with me for them in Alburtsons!!!! ARRRRGGGGGG!!!!!! :biggrin:

I sent them all in one whole batch email, I hope they come ok :P

T.

Just realized what you meant by numbering! All were numbered on part 1, which i had thought you'd get first. My bad!

Well, for the third time now i have sent my part 1 of entries. I pray that TBT! gets them, 'casue i had alot of fun and don't want to feel like i did all of that work for nothing...

Anyone know him personally that i could send them to as a back-up to get to him before the deadline??

Please? Anybody?

If you are that concerned, why don't you post them to an image-hosting site, and then send him a PM with links? That way, he would at least know that you finished them in time.

Well, for the third time now i have sent my part 1 of entries. I pray that TBT! gets them, 'casue i had alot of fun and don't want to feel like i did all of that work for nothing...

Anyone know him personally that i could send them to as a back-up to get to him before the deadline??

Please? Anybody?

If you are that concerned, why don't you post them to an image-hosting site, and then send him a PM with links? That way, he would at least know that you finished them in time.

I've sent him a few pms, but he hasn't logged on in while now! I'm scared dude! Could i send them to you, and see if you sending to them to him works, 'cause i am done!

I've sent him a few pms, but he hasn't logged on in while now! I'm scared dude! Could i send them to you, and see if you sending to them to him works, 'cause i am done!

If you send him a PM and mark the "Add a copy of this message to my sent items folder" box, then you would see what was actually sent to him, at what time (I've never had an issue with a PM not going through here, that I know about). Apart from all this, though, if you sent it 3 times, then I'm sure that he received it. I wouldn't worry too much about it.

Edited by karamazov80

If you send him a PM and mark the "Add a copy of this message to my sent items folder" box, then you would see what was actually sent to him, at what time (I've never had an issue with a PM not going through here, that I know about). Apart from all this, though, if you sent it 3 times, then I'm sure that he received it. I wouldn't worry too much about it.

I'm sure he'll get it, just before the deadline. I'd hate to see him get it after 12 tonight and i did all that for nothing. Nut i am doing that image sharing thing; i'm using flickr.