UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

SDCC minimate news poll

SDCC 08 minimate announcements.  

50 members have voted

1. 1. What news has you going GA-GA?

• Marvel Minimates wave 24 (Spidey & villains)
    • Marvel Secret Invasion boxed set
    • Iron Man "Hostile Takeover" boxed set
    • Charm City cakes minimate
    • Potential ressurection of the DC minimates in boxed sets
    • Potential Spirit minimates
    • Potential Punisher War Zone minimates

I am not sure if anybody has posted the 'news' that an X-Men #1 is being 'more than just hinted at' .....if they haven't then surely that's news?

:):turned::teehee: (trying to represent rolling on the floor in glee, like a small child)

First appearance X-Men. This info was more implied than confirmed .

I am not sure if anybody has posted the 'news' that an X-Men #1 is being 'more than just hinted at' .....if they haven't then surely that's news?

:):turned::teehee: (trying to represent rolling on the floor in glee, like a small child)

so snow ball iceman? big arm hank?

MOC:

I was just pointing out your how negative you've been (Seriously go back and look at your last 10-20 posts and try to find something positive you've said) I cant stop you posting an opinion but if you want to be know as the boards whiny little bitch that's cool, just don't expect others to take your opinions seriously!

T.

Yea maybe i am a bit negative..so for that i will apologize to you and the board. But if you call me a whiny little bitch again I will take your mother out for a nice seafood dinner and never call her again!

Edited by murderofcrows

Yea maybe i am a bit negative..so for that i will apologize to you and the board. But if you call me a whiny little bitch again I will take your mother out for a nice seafood dinner and never call her again!

If you don't mind that is going in my signature....funniest f****ing thing I have heard in a while!!

If you don't mind that is going in my signature....funniest f****ing thing I have heard in a while!!

yea you can use it but i totally stole it from Champ Kind from Anchorman.

Ok Fair play I'll take back the whiny little bitch... :)

Welcome back MoC of old ;)

T.

so snow ball iceman? big arm hank?

Feathered Angel?

Ugly-ass mask Marvel Girl?

HELL YEAH!

Just no need for another cyclops like this. He's already been made. Remember GSXM 1? Wel, that's pretty much the same figure. Plus, who'd give up feathered Angel, Snowball Iceman, Big-arm Beast, or ugly-ass mask Marvel Girl for a re-release of the most boring Cyclops yet? (though, admittably, it's the one I play with the most. So retroawesome)

Ok Fair play I'll take back the whiny little bitch... :)

Welcome back MoC of old ;)

T.

nothing I love more than when our friends on the board can recognize when we are being an ass and calling us out except for the make up posts :)

sorry again i WAS being a whiny bitch

moc847

DC Mates news for me, I'll buy any and all that they make. They are, no foolin' my favorite toy line and the only toy line that I pre-ordered every single series and set.

Whether DCD makes boxsets work or DST gets the license, they've got my money.

Edited by hypno

Classic X-men boxset is I think high on most collectors wants list. I know its on mine :D

If we had known about that when the poll was created, this would have my choice, too.

It's hearsay and chinese whispers not news, it was someone overheard some tell someone else, so really shouldn't be on the NEWs list.

T.

It's hearsay and chinese whispers not news, it was someone overheard some tell someone else, so really shouldn't be on the NEWs list.

T.

Maybe not, but it seems that this set is the the logical corollary of the Avengers set and the announcement of more sets to come, and I certainly think it is more likely than our getting DC box sets, even if the latter might be more a form of "official" news (since it was brought up in the DC panel or whatever). So, I think it is more exciting potential news than the DC sets, since it is much more likely. But apart from that, isn't potentially reputable speculation via an overheard, off-the-record response just as valid a form of "news" as an overly ambiguous tidbit of info. regarding a highly unlikely occurrence from an organized panel?

Perhaps Avengers is the first in a long line of "#1" Minimates.

Just Imagine:

Fantastic Four #1 (thing, Mr F. IG, HT)

ASM #1 (Spider-Man, First Appearance Chameleon, JJJ, Aunt May)

X-Men #1 (Marvel Girl, Beast, Angel, Iceman)

Daredevil #1 (Yellow Daredevil, Battlin' Jack, Fixer, Foggy Nelson)

And so on.

T.

But apart from that, isn't potentially reputable speculation via an overheard, off-the-record response just as valid a form of "news" as an overly ambiguous tidbit of info. regarding a highly unlikely occurrence from an organized panel?

Nope it's gossip. there really was very little actual news at SDCC.

I'm pretty certain I know where Rob got this info from and It's really not news worthy, any more than some of the other in-passing comments that were bandied about. This was Rob's first big con and I suspect that ( With no disrespect to you BHM) he's a little new to the games that go on. SDCC has tons of snippets of info that may or may not be real, I had various conversations with DST and they implied all sorts of stuff, but were wise enough to not actually confirm or deny anything. Sometimes it turns out they were telling the truth an sometimes they feed us nonsense to keep us on our toes, it's just the way the game is played.

Also the overheard, off the record converations are the most dangerous ones, we were talking to Matt about the Star Wars license and he said something along the lines of 'I really cant wait to do star wars minimates, but we'd never get the license' .... say someone was walking by and overheard just the first half of that conversation... you see where I'm heading with that?

Yes it's fun to play the what if it was real game, but as long as you don't get months down the line and get dissapointed if it doesn't appear or if it was never going to happen then that's cool.

T.

Hey Timbo,was I out drinking with you last night or is that part of my surreal imaginings as well? :rolleyes:

It's true folks I have awoken ,as if , from a dream. During my slumber I journeyed to California where I met Dan Siego ,The Comical Con Man . He plied me with ale & told me tales of future things that I,so young , believed. Unfortunately none of these things happened ......I hope Mastercard will understand :no: