UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Marvel Universe 3.75" Figures

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was bummed to see my local Walmart is now carrying MU (and GI Joe) again. They were never huge sellers, but the fact that they just filled up the pegs with whatever filler figures they're using now was disappointing. Now, the figures will probably sit there until the end of time or until they decide they aren't big enough sellers and they'll stop selling them again. Either way, the likelihood of them restocking when new figures come out are pretty unlikely. I don't know what Hasbro is waiting for, but the wait isn't helping anyone.

The Iron Fist/Storm wave is pegwarming hardcore. I only picked up Psylocke and even she is giving me buyer's remorse. No reason that could not have been Green or White Jean if they're just gonna use her entire sculpt over again. :rolleyes:

The next wave is killer. Kraven ( :thumbsup: ), Beast, Hulk, Miles Spidey running change, AND Bill?? Whoever made that needs three promotions.

The next wave is killer. Kraven ( :thumbsup: ), Beast, Hulk, Miles Spidey running change, AND Bill?? Whoever made that needs three promotions.

I think, actually, no joke, he was let go. :sad:

Was it Vonner?? That's depressing... :confused:

Yeah, I think so. I'm not as up on the behind the scenes goings-on as others, but he was let go, and from what I understand he was really the driving force behind MU. Hey, maybe there's a spot for him at DST.

Beast would be cool, Hulk? Red Hulk, Grey Hulk, Green Hulk, & World War Hulk. I guess its better than having another Wolverine or Spiderman. I only picked up Storm & Pyslocke from the last set. Definately looking forward to something new.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm not too concerned about that... a lot of upcoming product was shown at the toy fairs and even if they cut some costs, I bet we see most of it. My theory is that they want us to focus on the toys for the Avengers movie. Unfortunately for them, I only buy comic versions of characters.

I would rather see a little less movie product balanced with more MU/ML on the shelves. The movie stuff only sells so long, but if you can hook buyers from it and show them that there's other movie related product that is out year round you might have gained a long term customer.

I would rather see a little less movie product balanced with more MU/ML on the shelves. The movie stuff only sells so long, but if you can hook buyers from it and show them that there's other movie related product that is out year round you might have gained a long term customer.

Agreed. I like it better when they tie-in 616 figures into a movie line. In fact, i think i only bought the 616 characters from the XMOW line.

Not trying be the defender of the unpopular today, but it may not be Hasbro this time. It could be that Wal-Mart and Target only want more movie merchandise. It was thinking like that which caused the last wave of Transformers: Animated to go unreleased for so long, when it had been selling descently well. But they wanted more movie TF's, so it took a long time for the last few figures to find a seller. We could be looking at the same situation with MU comics figures.

Just a theory, I have no proof.

Good point Miry. I suppose one big thing that confuses me is that so many stores restocked MU over the last few months with older mixes of various waves. I don't know if that was Hasbro or retailers, but either way doesn't make too much sense to me. And with a movie this year, it would have been awesome timing for more Gigantic Battles. Those were my favorite part of the MU line.

Stores are also still packed to the gills with Iron Man and Thor figures (and, to a lesser extent, Cap). I was in a TRU today and I was just amazed at how much of their big Avengers display was taken up by those old toys. I honestly wonder how they are going to move the new figures.

Stores are also still packed to the gills with Iron Man and Thor figures (and, to a lesser extent, Cap). I was in a TRU today and I was just amazed at how much of their big Avengers display was taken up by those old toys. I honestly wonder how they are going to move the new figures.

Australia often lags behind in toy releases. The local TRU has actually gotten the first wave of Avengers toys in before the film hit this time. We do, however, still have bucket-loads of IronMan2, Thor & Captain America toys in the isles which are all going out on clearance. Hardly any MU though. The the 6" ML's have all sold out.

Maybe they get ordered in far smaller numbers, but based on the isles at my toy store, i don't know why they don't restock the ML & MU lines as often as they do the Movie-verse figures.

I'm reasonably sure that in a few weeks, the Avengers movie figs will be in bins along with the IM2, Thor & CapA movie figs :(

Around here they eventually moved most of the Cap and Thor stuff... still choking on the first 2 waves of IM2 movie series though. But this whole thing could blow up in Marvel/Hasbro's face much like Dark Knight over ordering killed retailer enthusiasm for DC stuff in general. Green Lantern did not help them. Hasbro and Marvel have been on a high of late, but that could change.

Green Lantern did not help them.

You have a talent for understating things. At least around here, retailers completely choked on Green Lantern stuff (TRU particularly). It's bad enough that Mattel can't figure out how to make toys appealing, but you'd think retailers would be a little smarter by now when it comes to overordering crap.