UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Marvel Universe 3.75" Figures

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great Scott! That is a freaking beautiful set! Bright character designs. Villains. Obscure Villains even. Nicely executed figures! Lord - i hope this is a sign of things to come from Hasbro.

I'd like to think that because the head is so Cobie Smulders and the buck is from Widow (since Cap uses the Cap Series buck, obviously they have other bucks available) that we might see a retail movie Hill some time.

Of course, I also like to think that Hasbro exclusives will be available for more than two minutes. :rolleyes:

This just showed up on MarvelousNews.com

X-Men_Collector_Pack__scaled_600.jpg

I wouldn't have minded the set at all if

a) i hadn't already gone out and found Sinister & A-poc or

B) it had all the important characters from early X-Factor EXCEPT for beast :(

Still - that Angel is calling to me. . . . what's a boy to do?

EDIT: I actually kinda dig that they've gone to the trouble of giving Iceman his power-belt like DST did in their X-Factor set. I don't think it's enough of a variant for me to desperately want it - but it's nice to see that they are paying attention.

EDIT EDIT: It looks as if they've gone for the same costume line-up as DST's X-Factor set actually. Maybe looking at the X_Factor minimates was their research. :P

This just showed up on MarvelousNews.com

X-Men_Collector_Pack__scaled_600.jpg

I wouldn't have minded the set at all if

a) i hadn't already gone out and found Sinister & A-poc or

B) it had all the important characters from early X-Factor EXCEPT for beast :(

Still - that Angel is calling to me. . . . what's a boy to do?

EDIT: I actually kinda dig that they've gone to the trouble of giving Iceman his power-belt like DST did in their X-Factor set. I don't think it's enough of a variant for me to desperately want it - but it's nice to see that they are paying attention.

EDIT EDIT: It looks as if they've gone for the same costume line-up as DST's X-Factor set actually. Maybe looking at the X_Factor minimates was their research. :P

I desperately hope it becomes available in the U.S.

Edit: If this turns up in Australia, Nessex, would you mind picking one up for me? *bats eyelashes*

Also, about that super helicarrier...is it part of the Avengers movie toy line or the MU toy line?

Edited by MinnesotaIceman

I'd like to think that because the head is so Cobie Smulders and the buck is from Widow (since Cap uses the Cap Series buck, obviously they have other bucks available) that we might see a retail movie Hill some time.

Of course, I also like to think that Hasbro exclusives will be available for more than two minutes. :rolleyes:

Yea, it's interesting they went to all the work to make it resemble the actress just for the con. Then again, it may be something they were planning to put in the line, canceled it, and that's how it became a con exclusive.

• 2 weeks later...

yea, that set is a tad frustrating.

I have to pass, because I have the first class cyclops and jean. While I dont have gambit/sinister yet, I plan to get that.

Red angel and iceman look good, and I dont have an apocalypse. So it's like.. 50/50 not enough to warrant it.

And of course, astonishing beast doesn't do anything for me, so, perfect chance to do another beast. I can't imagine making a non-hairy beast is difficult. They could cannibalize him from other bucks and parts. No need for a new mold. Namor feet, ect.

I don't think DST did the same thing (twice) by leaving out a character because all of their packs are now 4 figures while MU went with 6. I understand them not having a large buck to use, but I'm sure they could have come up with something (maybe Skaar's?). It just seems poorly done and I feel the chances of ever seeing a single carded X-Factor Beast are pretty slim.

I did a mock up of first appearance beast

http://imgur.com/D4WB7

Yea, it's pretty terrible shop. Really, I feel they have the parts. I use forearms from absorbing man, feet from namor. The only reason I used cyclops body was really for the uniform. You could make it any color. Absorbing mans upper body might work well. Maybe it's not as exaggerated as people would like, but it seems somewhat doable without a new mold.