UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

What Are You Playing

neolego

Well, I cracked open the Call of Duty World at War Demo last night (and this morning). Anyone play yet?

Good news is, it feels almost identical in every way to COD4, only the setting has changed. But, there are a few slight differences that I've noticed. I've only played a couple of matches so I don't have in depth review or anything, but I have to say that I'm really enjoying it! Also, the Dogs are AWESOME! neo

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

How have you got it? I thought only selected people got it? My bro got it but I didn't. I wanna play it, it looks interesting.

I pre-ordered the game a while ago, paid it off completely. And I got an email from GameStop yesterday with my 5/5 code to download the Beta.

As far as I know, that's the only way you can get it. If you want to try it out, you can always go pre-order for like $5 to get the Beta and then if you don't like it you can get that money back or put it toward any number of awesome games due out (Fallout, Fable, Gears, Banjo, Little Big Planet, etc). neo

As of right now im playing i-ninja, mass effect, battlefront 2 and i may restart force unleashed soon. Also does antone want to buy morowind or civilization chronicles? beacuse i might post them on ebay soon. if you want other games im willing to sell force unleashed(wii), super paper mario(wii), super mario galaxy(wii), metal gear solid 2(ps2), or battlefront 2(ps2).

What? Sell Battlefront 2? Game Blasphemy! I swear, I've played the Battlefront series more than any other game I own. It's so damn additing and replayable. Can you get any better than that. And the best part is that each battle doesn't feel like an exact copy of the last time you were on that map. Maybe you'll get your ass kicked this time or you might actually get past that damn droideka that killed you at the mouth of the cave the last 18 times you played that level.

It's just awesome.

hmmmmmmm..... who knows maybe i wont.

And the gods of video games, known only as "harmonix" knelt down and offered neolego an olive branch.

http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3170782

Dude, THANK YOU! I've been saying all along that it's just wise. Whether you like Country Music or not, do you know how many MORE people are going to buy the game now because of the variety!?!?!? Seriously, this is just logical. It doesn't mean Rock Band has "jumped the shark" or that you even have to play the songs, but they have opened the whole Instrument Genre up to a new world of people. Well done!

So, anyone pick up Fable 2 last night? The GameStop where I ordered was having a midnight launch. I did not go because I have a family and a job to get up for in the morning so I can afford to wait a few more hours. Any of you go? neo

I never disagreed with you on song selection, Neo.

I was just able to appreciate the game for what it was.

I think it's important to note that the 2 games I play regularily (Halo 3 & RockBand 2) have more than great games in "their corner."

Both are made by the 2 best developers in video games. Before you argue that, give me one second to clarify.

More than ANY OTHER developers out there Harmonix & Bungie LISTEN TO THEIR FANBASE.

Halo fans wanted more maps, more forging equipment & more campaign maps. All these have been delivered (or announced).

Harmonix fans said the XBL marketplace was too confusing, so they added their own. Fans said they wanted online tour. Fans said they wanted specific bands and songs. All delivered.

Finally, the question of new genres of music? Well, we'll find out soon enough. ;)

Fable is coming out here on Friday and I'll be picking it up then. I'm really looking forward to it, though i only have two days to play it as I'm off to Spain for a few days on Sunday. It looks great though.

Although I want to play fable I'm putting it on hold for now... too many potentially awesome games coming out over the next month or so.

Tomorrow is Far Cry 2 day for me and then next week Fallout 3. I suspect with those two titles alone I'll be busy for a pretty long time as both are talking silly hrs of gameplay.

T.

I picked up Dokapon Kingdom for the Wii, a new party game that is both a board game like Mario Party and also a hardore RPG game. I absolutely love it, especially for multiplayer. Go check out the reviews and videos online. If you like party games and RPGs then this is the game for you.

Well, I picked up Fable II along with Midnight Club LA yesterday.

Got some good hands on time last night. I played about an hour of Fable and about 15 minutes of MCLA.

Fable, so far appears to be the game I was hoping for. I've only barely made it to Adulthood, but like most games I like to take my time. I spent a lot time in the very begining posing and trying to impress the ladies :). Very cool. I finally made it to my "Wagon", lol and began talking to everyone around there. I never played Fable, so I'm new to the game, but I have to say it's every bit as fun as I was hoping. I haven't even got into one battle yet and it's been fun. Tonight I take my leave and begin my journey and I can't wait!

MCLA is kinda like the ugly stepsister, lol. I pre-ordered it back when it was due in Aug/Sep, but it kept getting pushed back. I am not a huge racing fan, but what I do like are Tuner Arcade racing games. I have to say that I am really enjoying MCLA as well. Although I only did 3 races (won 2, lost 1), I had fun. I completely re-painted my Nissan 240sx and test drove a few of the Higher Class Cars. So far so good. Of course, this is a game that will get lost in the shuffle in the coming months, but it's a good bit of run to have. It's almost relaxing compared to Fable and the like, lol.

Well, I hope to see some of you guys online with Fable, I'm wanting to run amuck in someone else's world! neo

Recently, I've been playing "Castlevania," "Ninja Gaiden," and "Dr. Mario" for the NES. I've got a Wii, 360, and DS, and yet I find myself playing those old NES games more than anything else (can't even remember the last time I turned the 360 on). These games are fun, they're often challenging, and you can put one in, play for 10 minutes, and turn it off. You don't have to wait for save points (b/c there typically aren't any) or to sit through some long-ass cut scene, etc. Great for me, since I can only devote short intervals of time to video game playing nowadays.

Well, I've decided to for-go Fallout 3 this week. I do plan on picking up Little Big Planet. In fact, that will be the first PS3 game since I bought my PS3 over 3 months ago. I'm looking forward to it. I'm also picking up Scene It 2 for the 360 and I can't wait for that game. Of course, Fable II is still owning my life right now so I'm not sure how that's going to play out.

I was actually going over my current list of games and it's pretty depressing. It looks like this:

LEGO Batman: I've completed Hero but not Villain

Mega Man 9: I've only beaten 3 bosses

Castle Crashers: I have no idea how far I am, but I know I'm less than half done

Madden 09: In the middle of my Cowboys Franchise

Viva Pinata: I haven't touched this game in 2 weeks and I've only upgraded my garden once!

Call of Duty WaW Beta: I'm like level 4...sad, I know

Portal: I've bought the full game....have played it once........

Midnight Club LA: I've won 3 races and am still driving a crappy Nissan 240sx

Fable II: I haven't even left the first city yet

Then, if you tack on Little Big Planet, Call of Duty WaW Retail, 007: Quantum of Solace, You're in the Movies, Lips, and Scene It 2........it's going to be a busy holiday. neo

Got done with Fable 2 over the weekend. Overall THE GAME IS A MUST PLAY! Seriously at least rent it if you are not sure on pushing $60 towards a new game. Like everything that is good though, it has some bad aspects.

1)Crowds- I found myself going around the game (Mostly Bowerstone Market) and getting trapped in by a ocean of people. This is annoying beacuse there is no way that you can weave through people like GTA 4 of Assassin's Creed and you have to kill them just to make it to your next spot. Very bad if you want to be "Good" in Fable 2.

2)Jobs- They just get boring over a while and make you wish that you didn't have to work to make $$$

Other than that, this game is awesome. From the scale of the game world to the expressions to the weapons and to all of the things you can buy, this game is worth while. OVERALL SCORE: 9.0

PS: Time to play through Fable 2 again, see you in Albion!

Edited by NINTENDOwii

I agree with working. I don't like doing it in real life and that doesn't change in Fable. I've already leveled my Dog (Rin Tin Tin) up to level 4 treasure hunter and he finds a lot of gold. Plus, I have 3 rental properties and 1 pie stand. So I make most of my money that way and rarely work.......just the way I like it :). neo

Sorry to double post, but it's been a few days!

I honestly don't know how I"m going to keep up this winter. I've NEVER, since I've been a game (1989) had this type of game influx. It's amazing! And not just with the amount of games, but the quality as well!

Fable II is still #1 on my list right now. It may very well be one of the best games I've ever played. I just picked up Scene It 2 and Little Big Planet Yesterday, plus I downloaded Are You Smarter Than a Fifth Grader from XBLA. The latter is for my Wife, she really only likes to play trivia type games, hence Scene it 2 and AYSTAFG.

Anyway, I brought it up to mention Little Big Planet. Did anyone else pick this up yesterday? It's my very first PS3 game, and it was well worth it. I've only played a few levels, but it's really fun. I don't know, it plays like a 2D Platformer (See Super Mario Bros.), but the attraction is the level design. Just some of the things they are able to do is amazing. Then, put that together with the fact that you can do the same thing is fantastic. Everything is customizable. I hate that this came out when it did because until I beat Fable it will probably not get the time it deserves, but LBP is a game that I'm happy to own and can't wait to get deeper into it! neo

Neo, dude, that is too many videogames. The first step is admitting that you have a problem.

I actually bought a game yesterday--Marvel Ultimate Alliance. It was $10 after shipping with my EBGames card. Does anyone here know if there is a free way (code?) to download Hawkeye, Venom, etc.? I know you can pay 10 bucks or something on XBL, but I would rather not pay.

However, I must have Hawkeye. I rented this game last year and beat it, and now I just want to shoot bitches with my bow and arrow.

Hi, My name is Chris....

**hey Chris**

....And I can't stop buying video games........

:)

Dude, you are telling me. I've officially went broke this year. I'm not getting a dang thing for Christmas either, lol. I haven't normally had this problem. Usually it's 2 or maybe 3 games for Christmas and I'm good. This year has blown my mind, and I'm even skipping some! But, I have to say, I'm looking forward to every single one of them. I've never looked forward to Thanksgiving break as much as I do right now, lol!!

As for MUA, there is no way, as of now, to get the downloads for free. They are downloadable content so they are not in the game at all. You have to download the data so they will be in the game. But I will say that Hawkeye is worth every penny :). Man, now you make me want to pick that game up again......and I don't have time man!!!!! neo

As for MUA, there is no way, as of now, to get the downloads for free. They are downloadable content so they are not in the game at all. You have to download the data so they will be in the game. But I will say that Hawkeye is worth every penny :). Man, now you make me want to pick that game up again......and I don't have time man!!!!! neo

Thanks Neo. Though I don't spend much money on games, I do "live beyond my means" in terms of my toy habit. It is a serious problem to my finances--no joke--and I should probably stop. But, of course, I can't!