UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

more zombies?

rsawyer1212

I think they said during NYCC that there would be no more Marvel Zombies merchandise because of the way it portrayed their heroes or some garbage like that.......But as succesful as it was I kinda think they'll make an appearance later on down the line

here it is:

"Marvel has put a moritorium on any further Marvel Zombie merchandise of any kind. Marvel was concerned about the negative image seeing their major characters would have on the public so they pulled the plug on any further Zombie products."

Which totally blows..... <_<

Edited by Fo Shizzle

At WizardWorld Philly Marvel announce Marvel Zombies 3 coming this October. The basic plot is that the zombies find their way to the real Marvel Universe and hijinks ensue.

Link on Marvel Zombies 3 at Newsarama

If they were going to lift the ban on more Marvel Zombie merchandise, this fal would be the time. And since the new mini-series is supposed to star characters like Morbius and Man-Thing, I'm seriously hoping they do lift the ban for more Minimates. I'll take a Man-Thing Minimate any way I can get him...

I'll take a Man-Thing Minimate any way I can get him...

Nice early entry for quote of the week there Boyd ;)

T.

Jeez, I should go back to bed. At least I didn't say something really embarassing, like asking for a 3-inch Man-Thing that I could hold in my hand. :)

I'll take a Man-Thing Minimate any way I can get him...

Nice early entry for quote of the week there Boyd ;)

T.

Jeez, I should go back to bed. At least I didn't say something really embarassing, like asking for a 3-inch Man-Thing that I could hold in my hand. :)

But with the restrictions on the Marvel licence the best you could hope for Boyd is a 2 inch Man-Thing.

"Marvel has put a moritorium on any further Marvel Zombie merchandise of any kind. Marvel was concerned about the negative image seeing their major characters would have on the public so they pulled the plug on any further Zombie products."

Yet they have how many "battle damaged" 'mates?

Yet they have how many "battle damaged" 'mates?

While I find their decision silly, I will defend it by saying that no matter how battle damaged he gets, Spider-Man doesn't start eating people until he becomes a Zombie.

Maybe I'm in the minority here, but I would personally prefer more unreleased, regular characters over any more zombies at this point. I love zombie movies, I like Marvel zombies, and I really dig my Colonel America and zombie-Spidey-mates. . .but, I think we have had more than enough, honestly.

Remember the big scare about the Marvel line ending earlier this year, or the fact that DCD may be over without giving us many of the great, iconic Teen Titans or JSA members? If more zombies meant that we might not get a few more unreleased, non-zombie, and highly demanded characters like Captain Britain, Deadpool, a decent Beast, Darkhawk, and Superpro (I assume the last two based on the love-fest here over other, similar 90s characters like Nova and Cloak and Dagger), then I would rather just do without the brain-eaters.

Now if DST decided to release zombies in lieu of "battle damaged" characters from here on out, I would have nothing but support for that.

Edited by karamazov80

They don't want the negative image of their characters, yet they are the ones that made them zombies in the first place-am I the only one confused?

I think they didn't realize how popular the zombies would be, tried to cash in on the sudden popularity, and then realized a bunch of children were seeing images of Spider-Man eating brains and got paranoid.

I think they didn't realize how popular the zombies would be, tried to cash in on the sudden popularity, and then realized a bunch of children were seeing images of Spider-Man eating brains and got paranoid.

I now have a picture in my mind of multiple brains..... eating Spider-Man.

I now have a picture in my mind of multiple brains..... eating Spider-Man.

Well, considering he destroyed his relationship to save his feeble old aunt, his brain probably already wants to eat him.

I wonder how they'd pull it off... They can't use any of the DCD pieces on them so they'd have to re-sculpt everything from scratch, right? And they'd still be 2 inches unless they add those duck feet to them

Edited by Fo Shizzle

Give us the Zombie FF and leave well enough alone. That's pretty much all we need of zombies.

Why do people presume to speak for others? Because I definitely want more zombies than that;

Firelord, Gladiator, Phoenix, old man Black Panther, Wasp in robotic body, Hawkeye (good excuse to reuse all those new molded pieces), new Wolverine (as seen in MZ2), plus with MZ3 coming out, there's bound to be more.

Oh yeah, I defitnitely want more zombies. :thumbsup:

Why do people presume to speak for others? Because I definitely want more zombies than that;

Firelord, Gladiator, Phoenix, old man Black Panther, Wasp in robotic body, Hawkeye (good excuse to reuse all those new molded pieces), new Wolverine (as seen in MZ2), plus with MZ3 coming out, there's bound to be more.

I'll take normal versions of Firelord, Gladiator, and Black Panther. I wasn't all that impressed with MZ2, so the need for those characters in zombie form isn't as great for me.

As far as the whole zombie merchandise thing, I imagine Marvel put a stop to the merchandise because I see way more kids at toy stores than I do in my local comic shop, not that Minimates or Marvel Select are sold at toy stores. Maybe Hasbro put the screws on Marvel because they knew they couldn't pull off Superhero Squad zombies and didn't want anyone else exploiting their loss.

Edited by drgnrbrn316

Give us the Zombie FF and leave well enough alone. That's pretty much all we need of zombies.

Why do people presume to speak for others? ...

Trekker wasn't speaking for anyone else, he was just using the Royal 'We'. :P

Aye. Bow before your master. Sorry, that's all I need. I didn't like MZ2 either much, it wasn't horrific enough. Too much of a redemption thing going on here and the ending where they lose the hunger sucked. But really we do need the Zombie FF to fight Ultimate FF when DST makes Ultimate minis. (Notice the when not if.)