UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Chazwinski's Minimate designs!

• Replies 780
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks, guys...I always appreciate your comments...it makes me feel less guilty for wasting time on here. :D

Next I did Black Widow in her 80's outfit...The short hair doesn't bother me, but the lack of bracelets and gray color always did...I prefer the other costume:

post-2001-1222010915_thumb.jpg

Akasha from "Queen of the Damned" - The movie sucked ass but the book was decent and although Aaliyah wasn't who I pictured as Akasha, the costume was very exotic and she looked great. Too bad it was her last role. :(

post-2001-1222011140_thumb.jpg

Thanks Two-Face. Here's a Catwoman outfit that I saw in a drawing by Arthur Adams. I don't think it was ever used in the comics, but it looked retro to me, and I really liked it.

post-2001-1222351031_thumb.jpg

i like the design, Chaz, but not the 'mate itself. Don't get me wrong, it would be great to have a better version of the character, and i love her retro looks. I just want a retro-purple catwoman. That has always been my fav of her.

Edited by Twisted Two-Face

Annihilus:

post-2001-1222387417_thumb.jpg

Here's Armor who was a lot of fun to do.

post-2001-1222387488_thumb.jpg

Gentle/Nehzno(sp?):

post-2001-1222387566_thumb.jpg

Green Lantern/Sentinel/Alan Scott:

post-2001-1222404943_thumb.jpg

I had to get a Storm fix in...I know we have her already but my take on the Classic version is a little different than what we have:

post-2001-1222405041_thumb.jpg

Edited by Chazwinski

I like the old school look for it too, reminds me of:

http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff280/c.../catwoman01.jpg

Holy Reliving-the-classics, Batman! :P

dude, a DC box-set of Adam West Bat-mates would just astound me to no end, and steal my money. ;)

Strangely enough I was thinking along the same lines....Original TV Series Batman Box-set......then I remembered no more DC. Nostalgia sells & they would('ve) sell (sold).

I like the old school look for it too, reminds me of:

http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff280/c.../catwoman01.jpg

Holy Reliving-the-classics, Batman! :P

dude, a DC box-set of Adam West Bat-mates would just astound me to no end, and steal my money. ;)

Strangely enough I was thinking along the same lines....Original TV Series Batman Box-set......then I remembered no more DC. Nostalgia sells & they would('ve) sell (sold).

With the exception of the Storm above, I haven't drawn any minimates that have already been released and sometimes when I do a DC minimate I think "What's the point? There aren't going to be anymore." But at least we have some great customizers around who sometimes create figures as nice as those released, and I feel it's worth it to show them. Also, there's a little part of me that still resents DC for cancelling the line and I wish one of them would see how cool these characters would look as minimates. :lol::devil:

Two Face, you don't have to respond to every comment posted.

I like the look to Red Skull as a whole, though I agree that the face needs more black to really bring out the red. Especailly around the mouth, as he does look like he is smiling a bit gleefully. I think an evil smile is more fitting.

Two Face, you don't have to respond to every comment posted.

I like the look to Red Skull as a whole, though I agree that the face needs more black to really bring out the red. Especailly around the mouth, as he does look like he is smiling a bit gleefully. I think an evil smile is more fitting.

Sorry. Just feel like if i like or dislike something that Chaz should hear my critiques, is all.

And thats just fine. Maybe try to confine it to one post? I'm not picking a fight, or having a go mate, I'm sure Chaz appreciates your comments.

It's always the Red Skull that provokes discussion isn't it ? Generally it's the Nazi symbolism argument that comes to the fore , Chaz has neatly side-stepped that issue ,yet here we are saying that perhaps we don't like his rendition. Don't get me wrong ,I'm sure Chaz will take it on the chin because 'you won't please everyone',my emphasis is on how much the character is needed in any Marvel scenario esp. .......Minimates. Personally I'd like to see some sort of head-sculpt along the lines of the Martian-Manhunter (hint ..hint) but for now the version I'm looking at is just fine .

Desperately Seeking Skull......not Susan.

It's always the Red Skull that provokes discussion isn't it ? Generally it's the Nazi symbolism argument that comes to the fore , Chaz has neatly side-stepped that issue ,yet here we are saying that perhaps we don't like his rendition. Don't get me wrong ,I'm sure Chaz will take it on the chin because 'you won't please everyone',my emphasis is on how much the character is needed in any Marvel scenario esp. .......Minimates. Personally I'd like to see some sort of head-sculpt along the lines of the Martian-Manhunter (hint ..hint) but for now the version I'm looking at is just fine .

Desperately Seeking Skull......not Susan.

^Desperately Running Out of Puns?? ;)

I am always open to comments, both good and bad... It let's me know that you guys are taking an interest in my little doodles. :)

As far as the Red Skull goes, I referenced a Nazi uniform for the drawing, but the Officer's belt buckle is so detailed that I thought I'd have a hard time free-handing it and so I just shrank down the actual photo and attached it to the drawing. Perhaps it was a mistake as I think it looks out of place. As for the face, it is hard to convey a skull with a square head and don't all skulls look like they're smiling when you think of it? :P I'm glad this was brought up as I have a question for you guys. Do you think an actual release of Red Skull should have a molded head? I personally think that would look out of place with the other mates.

Also, I did include a swastika on the arm. I don't even see that as contraversial considering he's a murderer....Now if he was portrayed as a really, kind, caring individual who just happened to wear swastikas, even I would be offended (and it takes a lot! :lol: ).

Here is my tweaked version:

post-2001-1222650640_thumb.jpg

Edited by Chazwinski

I am always open to comments, both good and bad... It let's me know that you guys are taking an interest in my little doodles. :)

As far as the Red Skull goes, I referenced a Nazi uniform for the drawing, but the Officer's belt buckle is so detailed that I thought I'd have a hard time free-handing it and so I just shrank down the actual photo and attached it to the drawing. Perhaps it was a mistake as I think it looks out of place. As for the face, it is hard to convey a skull with a square head and don't all skulls look like they're smiling when you think of it? :P I'm glad this was brought up as I have a question for you guys. Do you think an actual release of Red Skull should have a molded head? I personally think that would look out of place with the other mates.

Also, I did include a swastika on the arm. I don't even see that as contraversial considering he's a murderer....Now if he was portrayed as a really, kind, caring individual who just happened to wear swastikas, even I would be offended (and it takes a lot! :lol: ).

Here is my tweaked version:

post-2001-1222650640_thumb.jpg

Now that is more like the Chaz i know! It looks very deranged, satanic, and Nazi-ish, which is how he should look. And the belt isn't half bad for the effort, so nice work one again.