UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Chazwinski's Minimate designs!

• Replies 780
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can you put up a blank white Minimate design? I wanna try making custom designs... (because I'm not good at making custom Minimates. At all. I tried. :P)

Oh, and I love all your designs. They've inspired me. XD

Sure, Shup...This is the one I use...it's also on page 2 of the "How To" thread in this forum:

post-2001-1227415361_thumb.jpg

I can't make actual customs either, and I was suprised that I got so addicted to just designing them. Hopefully the actual customizers get some use out of them.

Here is another of Angel's costumes:

post-2001-1227415439_thumb.jpg

If you've been reading X-Men lately, you'll know that they've brought Madelyne Pryor back from the dead and she has a new costume. Ugh...I would much rather have Jean back...and this costume screams "Black Queen" to me rather than "Goblin Queen" like it should. Oh well, it gave me an excuse to make another Jean...even if it's just an evil clone.

post-2001-1227422137_thumb.jpg

Edited by Chazwinski

Thanks! A lot. :P

Cool new designs, by the way. :D

Oh, and what program do you use to make designs?

Arcsoft Photostudio 5.5...it came with my Dad's digital camera and it really isn't a very good program. I'm just too lazy to go to my best friend's house and get a better one (He has tons of programs). There are programs out there like Adobe Illustrator that would work a lot better for this kind of stuff.

Chewbacca:

post-2001-1227466014_thumb.jpg

Luke Skywalker:

post-2001-1227476004_thumb.jpg

C-3PO:

post-2001-1227481092_thumb.jpg

Edited by Chazwinski

Thanks! A lot. :P

Cool new designs, by the way. :D

Oh, and what program do you use to make designs?

Arcsoft Photostudio 5.5...it came with my Dad's digital camera and it really isn't a very good program. I'm just too lazy to go to my best friend's house and get a better one (He has tons of programs). There are programs out there like Adobe Illustrator that would work a lot better for this kind of stuff.

Chewbacca:

post-2001-1227466014_thumb.jpg

Luke Skywalker:

post-2001-1227476004_thumb.jpg

C-3PO:

post-2001-1227481092_thumb.jpg

Does GIMP work well for this stuff? The program was built into my Mac, so might as well use it, right?

Hmm...those make me wonder how no one has tried Star Wars minis yet, but how we still complain about not getting them. Yours look good. :)

I think one problem with Star Wars minimates (besides the obvious liscensing problems) is that most of the characters would need molded heads. Only the human characters would look like traditional minimates. That said, Star Wars has such a rich, colorful, extensive cast, I know I'd get them (molded heads or not). They would look 10 times better than the Super Hero Squad ones that have come out. If only DST could get this liscense, I think minimates sales would go through the roof and we wouldn't have to worry about the line's future for a long time.

Han Solo:

post-2001-1227493548_thumb.jpg

Hmm...those make me wonder how no one has tried Star Wars minis yet, but how we still complain about not getting them. Yours look good. :)

I think one problem with Star Wars minimates (besides the obvious liscensing problems) is that most of the characters would need molded heads. Only the human characters would look like traditional minimates. That said, Star Wars has such a rich, colorful, extensive cast, I know I'd get them (molded heads or not). They would look 10 times better than the Super Hero Squad ones that have come out. If only DST could get this liscense, I think minimates sales would go through the roof and we wouldn't have to worry about the line's future for a long time.

Han Solo:

post-2001-1227493548_thumb.jpg

Hell yeah they would.

I like the Han, but i don't think the eyes and lips are quite right. Just doesn't look like Ford to me; maybe a grin??

And, for an actual custom, the Classic Apollo hairpiece may work.

Yeah, I've had a real hard time capturing Harrison Ford's likeness (just look at my Deckard from Blade Runner). Some people are harder to capture than others. For example: I think my Liz Sherman at the top of the page looks a lot like Selma Blair, and my Timothy Dalton/James Bond was close, but I couldn't get a good likeness of Rutger Haur or Ewan MacGregor. Minimates are so restrictive. :lol:

Here is Leia in her ANH outfit. (I used the same face I did on her slave outfit).

post-2001-1227500846_thumb.jpg

Ok, I just had to rethink what I was doing. I like to draw the faces myself, but with Harrison, I had to cut and paste the pieces from an old Raiders of the lost Ark poster and this looks a little bit more like him. I was placing his eyes too far apart and his chin doesn't translate well in to minimate form.

Indiana Jones:

post-2001-1227557374_thumb.jpg

I don't dare start making Star Wars customs, because I know I won't stop until I have every character, and my wife already complains about the amount of space my collection takes up. :P

I used to complain about how much wasted space my wife used to take up....plenty of room now :thumbsup:

I would love to see some Star Wars customs from you. Every time you put your latest custom 'up' my collection feels as if it's one 'mate missing .