UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Chazwinski's Minimate designs!

So it's a book or a comic book? It looks good either way.

• Replies 780
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A Song of Ice and Fire is a fantasy series by George R.R. Martin. It is one of the most mature series in that genre I've read. The magic is very subtle. It has been said that it is loosely based on The war of the Roses with the Starks standing in for the House of York and the Lannisters standing in for House Lancaster. The story revolves around a war in which several families are fighting for the crown. The characters are very well developed. Sometimes your favorite character does something that disappoints you and sometimes the ones you dislike suprise you and do something honorable...just like real people...fery few are out and out good or evil. There are a LOT of characters and a LOT of plot twists, though. It's certainly not for everyone. You really have to devote yourself to it.

Here is Lord Eddard Stark and his wife, Catelyn Tully Stark:

post-2001-1237140510_thumb.jpg

post-2001-1237140533_thumb.jpg

Brienne, the Maid of Tarth is one of the most wonderful people in the story. I'm so glad Martin didn't make her beautiful physically. But her spirit definitely is.

post-2001-1237146735_thumb.jpg

Edited by Chazwinski

This is a whole page of SOIAF characters:

From L to R, T to B

Sansa Stark and her Direwolf, Lady

Prince Oberyn Martell

Aeron Greyjoy/Damphair

Princess Arianne Martell

Prince Rhaegar Targaryn

King Robert Baratheon

Khal Drogo

Petyr Baelish/Littlefinger

Ser Jorah Mormont

post-2001-1237578960_thumb.jpg

Edited by Chazwinski

Have you made all of the designs up? I mean, these are from novels (no pictures) right?

More or less, however there is A LOT of fan art out there, a few calendars and a role playing game based on the series...so I did use some references. Martin spends a lot of time describing their appearance (even down to their armor and weapons), so it's not that hard to picture what they look like. I'm working on another page before I post it here, but I've been busy lately. Also, most of my faves have been done, so I'll probably move on to other stuff soon.

In a perfect world, all of our favorite book characters would come in Minimate form. Might be too soon for me to contemplate World War Z minimates, but Hitch Hiker's Guide to the Galaxy would be awesome.

Not forgetting (of course) A Clockwork Orange for good ol' BHM. ;)

Edited by NorthRaider

Thanks for the praise as always.

Here is an old flick that I liked...Cat on a Hot Tin Roof with Elizabeth Taylor as Maggie the Cat, and Paul Newman as Brick:

post-2001-1238970738_thumb.jpg

Wow - great likeness on both, especially Liz Taylor.

Kudos

• 3 weeks later...