UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Razor cylon minimates

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was pleased to see a painted torso for Pegasus Six. Makes sense, I suppose: it's the same torso Gina uses in the 5-pack.

I've got to add that the detailing on the Cylon leg piece is incredible. Truly a fine sculpt. Most interesting, and something nobody has mentioned yet, is that they're sculpted with the ankle titled forward. So to stand straight, the 'Mate needs to have his knees flexed. This is a carryover from their look in the movie and once you get they idea, it makes them look very cool.

post-29-1216508066_thumb.jpg post-29-1216508210_thumb.jpg

These are very tall "boots" also, giving the visual effect of longer legs, not just big feet like the recent Hulk's duck feet. The longer legs give them a more adult body ratio than the standard MiniMate. Here's a pic to show their height compared to a basic 'Mate.

post-29-1216508432_thumb.jpg

Wow, those Cylons look really nice. Sorry if this is a dumb question, but is there a difference one the helmet? It seems to me(I've never seen them in stores, only pictures) as if some have a wide helmet, while others have a more compact one. Is this just me? Oh, and can anybody tell me where I could find them? The only stores that I can ever find minimates at is Suncoast and FYE, and they never get new ones. Haven't even gotten in Wave 7 from the DC line. I'm extremely interested in the gold Cylon commander, although the Pilots and Warriors are also good. I just don't want to turn to eBay right away(I'm not a big fan of using it).

There's a ton of e-tailers that sell these and have banners here on this site. Personally I've used Stuckakid, Corner Store Comics, Action Figure Express, Sci-Fi Genre. I ordered one of each of the case cylons as well as the two six's from You Buy Now. Hope that helps.

Down with Ebay!

:D

Dang, the case with the gold Cylon is fifty dollars. I'll just wait and get him on eBay if anybody throws him up for grabs. But the Razor 5 Pack on Action Figure Express is fine for now. The new Adama looks pretty nice. But I can't help but notice on the description for it(On Action Figure Express), it claims the set has a "gold plated Cylon commander". The picture clearly doesn't show one. Is this just an error, or am I actually getting the Commander with it?

Oh, and thanks rsprin. I'm going with your advice. Chances are I wont find a store that'll have them. I called Suncoast and they just said they get them whenever they get them. What a great answer.

Dang, the case with the gold Cylon is fifty dollars. I'll just wait and get him on eBay if anybody throws him up for grabs. But the Razor 5 Pack on Action Figure Express is fine for now. The new Adama looks pretty nice. But I can't help but notice on the description for it(On Action Figure Express), it claims the set has a "gold plated Cylon commander". The picture clearly doesn't show one. Is this just an error, or am I actually getting the Commander with it?

Oh, and thanks rsprin. I'm going with your advice. Chances are I wont find a store that'll have them. I called Suncoast and they just said they get them whenever they get them. What a great answer.

youbuynow.com was selling the Cylon case as individuals - I didn't want to throw down for the case, so I got 1 of each at $4.95/ea.

youbuynow.com was selling the Cylon case as individuals - I didn't want to throw down for the case, so I got 1 of each at $4.95/ea.

Really? I must've missed that. I'll go back and check, cause I really wanna' get my hands on those new Cylons! Especially the commander. Thanks man.

Really? I must've missed that. I'll go back and check, cause I really wanna' get my hands on those new Cylons! Especially the commander. Thanks man.

I just checked and it looks like most of the set has been sold out. There's only 1 or 2 of that you can still buy.

On another note, I got my Razor boxset today - these are a really nice set. I'm hoping that we get some BSG-Minimate love at SDCC. I know everyone is excited about all the cool Marvel stuff, but give me some more of the human cylons over a skrull any day of the week.

Phoo, the only guy the have left on youbuynow is the Cylon Pilot. D: I guess I'll have to wait a bit longer, or turn to ebay.

Oh, and Captain_cbecker. Since you have the set you might be able to answer this. Do some of the Cylon's have wider/larger masks than the other ones? If so, is that the warrior or pilot?

• 2 weeks later...
Phoo, the only guy the have left on youbuynow is the Cylon Pilot. D: I guess I'll have to wait a bit longer, or turn to ebay.

Oh, and Captain_cbecker. Since you have the set you might be able to answer this. Do some of the Cylon's have wider/larger masks than the other ones? If so, is that the warrior or pilot?

I preordered my Razor singles from youbuynow back in April, and they didn't ship them. Now that they are sold out, I wonder if I'll get any from them.

They used to be a good store, but almost everything I've pre-ordered from them lately sells out and they don't fill their pre-orders. They never notify you that they've sold out of your pre-order. They should have put limits on their preorders based on what they actually ordered. I know the amount of each figure was unknown per case, but they should have used modest estimates for their preorder allotment.

I called Suncoast at the mall, and they said they hardly ever get new minimates. So I'm guessing that means they wont get the box-set or singles. :( That is pretty disappointing new for me.

I called Suncoast at the mall, and they said they hardly ever get new minimates. So I'm guessing that means they wont get the box-set or singles. :( That is pretty disappointing new for me.

My Suncoast in the mall doesn't even exist anymore :(

Though I did get some amazing Minimate deals when they closed down :)

I'm really only interested in the Dead Six variant. Is the only place to buy the single figures Youbuynow and eBay? My comics shop said that they weren't getting these.

I saw the singles at stuckakid and battlestaronline.com too. Problem is that the Sixes are the hardest to get - everone is sold out of 'em and the dead one sells for a premium.

I ordered them from youbuynow - they showed up yesterday.

Good Luck

I saw the singles at stuckakid and battlestaronline.com too. Problem is that the Sixes are the hardest to get - everone is sold out of 'em and the dead one sells for a premium.

I ordered them from youbuynow - they showed up yesterday.

Good Luck

When did you order them from youbuynow? I ordered them as singles from the same site and haven't heard a thing... <_<

I just ordered the Gold Cylon Commander for ten dollars(With s&h) on eBay. For another five or six, I coulda' got the box set, but oh well. Hopefully it will be worth it once I get him.

There are a few people selling the dead Six for the same price as the Gold Commander. I don't know if it really was worth the ten dollars(But I still think it's a really cool Minimate), but nobody else was carrying it. I'm hoping to get another to keep in the box, but that might take some time.

When did you order them from youbuynow? I ordered them as singles from the same site and haven't heard a thing... <_<

I placed the order on April 1.

I e-mailed at the end of last week (the Friday after they landed) and they were in the process of shipping. I think they hit the mail on Tuesday and I got them this past Thursday.

• 1 month later...

For those who are tryin to scoop up the HTF Dead Pegasus Six Cylon, I found a place that claims they are in stock at the $4.99 price - it is certanly better than the $15+ that they're selling for on eBay. SHipping was only a few bucks.

http://www.longbox.net/servlet/the-Toys-%2...ates/Categories

I verified that they had them in stock before ordering one for myself, but they've stated that if it's on their page, then it's in stock

Bought both Sixes from battlestaronline.com a few weeks back. I must say:

I am a 100% box opener/thrower-awayer. For the first time ever, i have not been this person. Both are still in the box. I was in awe, and i think (besides Caprica Six) these are my new Favorite 'mates ever.

Definitely worth the $8 each.

Edited by Twisted Two-Face

i went to the only comic shop i know of that carries minimates and managed to pick up both versions of Six for $4.99 each.they had the remains of one display case,and it had one of each cylon centurians,two regular Sixs,and one Dead six.and strangely enough,the centurians were all $5.99 :D

• 3 months later...