UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Speed Racer Movie

Ok maybe its me but saw this today and I have to say it gets my vote for turkey of the year up to now. As I said maybe its me I like comic/game/cartoon movies but this one made me just go WTF was that after the movie. The acting was bad and the story was weak and the effects where just like someone had rainbow spewed all over the screen.

I just dont get it that a film about racing and the supposed Car-fu element both where very few and far between for me.

Must I feel sorry for the actors especially Susan Sarandon getting stuck with this. I wouldn't let The Warchowski Brothers anywhere near anything more adventurice the a cat food commercial now on.

I for one loved Speed Racer. It was everything I expected. I can see why most people did not like it though. But I liked everything about it, well...

not that part at the end during the kiss

Anyway, it is instantly one of my top films beside The Shawshank Redemption and Juno (to show I don't have crp taste in movies)

I'm not sure about this one... I liked the cartoon when I was younger, but I just couldn't imagine it translating well into a 2-hour, live action film.

Regrettably. I think the GI Joe movie is going to have the same issues. Taking a 20-minute, animated toy commercial and turning into a 2-hour, live-action film seems to be a recipe for failure.

Edited by captain_cbecker

I saw this earlier and apart from it being a little too long it was pretty enjoyable. I could have lived without most of the Sprittle and Chim Chim but mark my work Emile Hirsch is on the brink. This movie will not be the one that pushes him over but the kid is headed for superstardom. it was good to see a different side of Matthew Fox as well. If you have kids take them they will love this.

It's a "maybe rental" for me. I liked the cartoon as a kid, but after seeing the first 7 minutes online, I just wasn't feeling it. I like the idea of pushing boundaries of what movies can be, but in this case, I'm not sure that it works for me. Maybe I'll just stick to my Salvador Dali, Andy Warhol, and David Lynch films.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KL1YRph4_60...feature=related

I like the casting, though.

Regrettably. I think the GI Joe movie is going to have the same issues. Taking a 20-minute, animated toy commercial and turning into a 2-hour, live-action film seems to be a recipe for failure.

I know what you mean. Did you see that God Awful Transformers Movie........

;)

neo

I know what you mean. Did you see that God Awful Transformers Movie........

;)

neo

Hey, Transformers was pretty good man. I agree about GI Joe though. It doesn't seem like it can work too well. But it all depends on who directs and what angle they take on it.

The Transformers movie was good Only if they would have called it ANYTHING but Transformers.

Speed Racer, I as well have no intentions of seeing this thing. "What has been seen cannot be unseen" will not be uttered by me.

As for GI JOE....well, i HAD high hopes, now.....not so much.

With me being a Brit I dont get the Joe hype. In the UK it is Action Man and if i remember Action Force was the smaller figure line to try and get Joe into the UK. I know i read Cobra Commander in something next to my 2000ad I think it was Battle/Action as all the weekly mags tried to combine when their sales fell.

I can go for the whole special character for each type of job but there seems there is that many soliders like Transformers if the one you want isnt up to scratch it will nuke the whole movie.