UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Minimate size poll.

How do you want to see LARGER characters in minimate form?  

32 members have voted

1. 1. Pick a size!

• 2" size with no augmentations (i.e; Marvel Minimates series 1 Hulk)
    • 2" size with "BIG CHEST" piece (i.e; Marvel series 8 Thing)
    • 2.5" size (i.e; DC Direct minimates series 5 Kilowog)
    • 2" with "BIG CHEST" piece, crotch slip-over and wedge feet (i.e; Marvel series 20 Smart Hulk)

Hi all. I just wanted to get some feedback concerning your personal preference for "larger" minimate characters. When the minimates debuted in the 2" form, characters like Spider-Man and the Hulk were the same size. Then when Marvel minimates series 8 came around, a new piece had been added to make certain "larger" characters look bigger. The "BIG CHEST" piece debuted with both Thing minis in the series. Due to licensing issues DST couldn't legally make Marvel MMs taller than 2" (with some exceptions: ie, the Leader), so the big chest piece became a standard. Meanwhile, DC Direct started making their minimates and larger characters such as Bane and Kilowog were created in the larger 2.5" form much to the delight of some fans and the dismay of others. Now trying to satify the "larger" appetite of the Marvel fans, DST has started making even bigger chest pieces, large crotch slip-overs and larger wedge shaped feet for their big guys (i.e; Smart Hulk, Abomination and the upcoming JK Hulk).

Soooo.... as collectors, how do you want to see BIGGER characters represented in minimate form?

Edited by MINI_MYTE

My number one choice is still physically larger mates. I know that prohibition will probably never change for Marvel, but based on the examples we've seen so far, I'm not sold on the wedge feet and wait boosters as an alternative. It just makes the 2" mates look tall and gawky instead of bigger.

It's hard for me to vote here. I like some of the powerhouse figures (particularly Defenders Hulk), and I like the idea of the 2.5 inchers (should be Giant Man, IMO), though I think that the DC figures made that size would have been fine as 2 inchers, for the most part. I'm also fine with making all Minimates 2 inches, though again, I really think the powerhouse piece improves on Hulk (though I don't like it on thing for some reason. . .maybe it's the sculpt of the piece that was used?). What I really haven't liked is the bigger-footed, big-chested Apocalypse and "Smart" Hulk (as well as Civil War Iron Man, if that counts). I think that those just look too weird.

2.5", but I also don't think that every larger character should be that size. Hulk probably shouldn't even be 2.5", Thing definitelly not. I'm not a huge fan of the big feet, or big torso pieces, but ultimately, there are minimates I like that fit any of the above, so as long as minimates still get made I'm happy with whatever.

I voted for the 2" minimates with powerhouse chest. I really dislike the newer sculpted minimate chest pieces like smart hulk and abomination. Powerhouse all the way =)

Are-Jay

What he said!

T.

I went with 2" with "BIG CHEST" piece, crotch slip-over and wedge feet. Why you ask? well I'll tell you. Everbody seems to be focused on the Marvel line, which is a pretty darn sweet line, but I prefer these because of the Cylon. Sculpted chest piece, crotch slip-over and taller feet. Works very well for taller characters without any feeling of "out of place," like having the 2.5 DC mates beside your hulk or Darkseid. Imagine they went straight to 2.5 for the Cylon, that would be crazy. Also..... sculpted boobs...... ;)

What I think will be the largest factor is where people's stepping stone is. What I mean is when did they start. From the beginning with the marvel 2" basic, when the big chest started, with non-Marvel mates or even today. That will have a great impact on what they prefer.

Anyway, just wanted to chime in and say this is a fantastic idea for a thread.

I would prefer if Marvel could utilize the 2.5" body but since that ain't gonna happen I'd rather they stick with the Big Chest piece. I get what they're trying to do with the new chest and crotch pieces as well as feet but they end up making the characters look ridiculous. Smart Hulk and the latest incarnation in the Avengers box set all look like they've got puny arms.

I voted for the 2" minimates with powerhouse chest. I really dislike the newer sculpted minimate chest pieces like smart hulk and abomination. Powerhouse all the way =)

Are-Jay

What he said!

T.

What they both said!

I like all the various forms but they need to use better judgement in how each is applied.

for short characters( think 4.5' and shorter) a piece should be made something like the stump leg piece for the black panther zombie fig but with the front "toe" piece molded on like a standard MM foot.

average size characters( 4.5' to say 6.5'or 7') work well with a standard 2" body, and bulkier characters like the thing should utilize some sort of powerhouse chest piece.

i like taller/ bigger characters to use the 2.5 body, the problem is the head on the 2.5 is really sculpted to large as is, and this body should only be used to sparingly, Hulk yes, giant man sure, Bane hell no.

next throw in the 3" body for super size characters like Apocalypse, the Watcher, Galactus yeah its not even close to scale but it would be cool to see these evey once in a while.

Edited by Mattallica

for short characters( think 4.5' and shorter) a piece should be made something like the stump leg piece for the black panther zombie fig but with the front "toe" piece molded on like a standard MM foot.

There is a 'shorter foot' that was used for the Penguin. I'd love to see this used more often for shorter characters - Wolverine, etc.

I don't mind the the "bigger" feet, I just think it should be more footlike and not a door stop. Abomination's feet were o.k. Somebody(I can't recall) did an ultimate Beast custom with real-looking feet. That's the way to do it.