UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Platoon Minimates Product Debut

I haven't gotten around to seeing the film yet, but I'll be picking up these. I know they are from different Universes and time zones but I think they'll look great with Sgt Rock. I might buy 2 packs and do some head and body swaps to make more generic soldiers.

The only nit I have to pick is that the helmets appear to be a bit too big on their heads.

I think they'll look great with Sgt Rock. I might buy 2 packs and do some head and body swaps to make more generic soldiers.

ditto! I'm pre-ordering 2 sets as well for the same reason. Can't have enough military Minimates.

I haven't gotten around to seeing the film yet, but I'll be picking up these. I know they are from different Universes and time zones but I think they'll look great with Sgt Rock. I might buy 2 packs and do some head and body swaps to make more generic soldiers.

Platoon is a great film Dan & one of the best films made about the Vietnam War. As a Minimate collector I look forward to the box-set's release along with Silence of the Lambs......good,wholesome characters apart from the occasional serial murderer & rapist.

I only want the Willem Dafoe mate so i can pose him like the picture below... the others aren't important to me.

(by the way, is it just me, or is the Willem Dafoe mate really ugly)

225px-Platoonmovieposter.jpg

One thing i've thought of though...

With all these moviemates coming out, customizers are gonna have a field day making other movie characters played by the same actors.

The list for potentials is huge already!!

I only want the Willem Dafoe mate so i can pose him like the picture below... the others aren't important to me.

(by the way, is it just me, or is the Willem Dafoe mate really ugly)

225px-Platoonmovieposter.jpg

With all these moviemates coming out, customizers are gonna have a field day making other movie characters played by the same actors.

Oh absolutely! Charlie Sheen, Willem Dafoe, Johnny Depp, Tom Berenger? Endless possibilities. It's probably the closest we'll ever get to a SM movie "Green Goblin"...of course it will be without the costume. Still, a cool set even if you don't care for the film. B)

Oh absolutely! Charlie Sheen, Willem Dafoe, Johnny Depp, Tom Berenger? Endless possibilities. It's probably the closest we'll ever get to a SM movie "Green Goblin"...of course it will be without the costume. Still, a cool set even if you don't care for the film. B)

Personally, I know I'll be working on some Major Jeague Minimates! :thumbsup:

Personally, I know I'll be working on some Major Jeague Minimates! :thumbsup:

Who played the part of Major Jeague?

• 2 months later...

Well I just saw Platoon, basically because of the minimates, and it sure was a good movie (still would prefer full metal jacket mates but oh well). I have to wonder how Johnny Depp made it into the set though, his character had such a small part it took me awhile to realize who he even was.

I have to wonder what it is DST has against minorities, when a Forest Whitaker, Keith David, or a Junior mate would have made way more sense. Why not a Vermucci, or hell even a Dr. Cox. There are so many characters more deserving of a slot in this set than the damn interpretor.

As far as the quality goes, I like them for the most part, I'm a little dissapointed with the Willam Defoe, but the Tom Berenger is just god awful, they should go back to the drawing board on that one.

Well I just saw Platoon, basically because of the minimates, and it sure was a good movie (still would prefer full metal jacket mates but oh well). I have to wonder how Johnny Depp made it into the set though, his character had such a small part it took me awhile to realize who he even was.

I have to wonder what it is DST has against minorities, when a Forest Whitaker, Keith David, or a Junior mate would have made way more sense. Why not a Vermucci, or hell even a Dr. Cox. There are so many characters more deserving of a slot in this set than the damn interpretor.

As far as the quality goes, I like them for the most part, I'm a little dissapointed with the Willam Defoe, but the Tom Berenger is just god awful, they should go back to the drawing board on that one.

I did the same thing the movie was ok especially the action scene near the end.Now all that we need is veitam soldiers. :D

Edited by link 46

Regarding Depp, I think this was a Madonna-type thing. Not that I think the Platoon mates were made for Depp alone in the way that the DSS-Mates were clearly made for Madonna, but the powers that be at DST probably wanted a Depp-Mate, and since they were doing a movie with him, figured that this license gave them an excuse to "Mini"-mize an actor they liked. Despite his minor role in the film. They probably just don't care much for Forrest Whitaker. Plus, Depp-mate may move some sets by himself, those other actors you mention might not. So, it might have been a business decision, too.

I personally really like the Berenger.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...