UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Summer Convention exclusive ideas

boyd

As the convention exclusive this summer, I'd like to see Diamond produce a Minimate two-pack of Rampaging Hulk / Hulkbuster Iron Man. Both have big summer movies - that's a good marketing tie-in. Plus I really want a Hulkbuster Iron Man.

What do you think should be this year's convention exclusives?

It's got to have Wolverine in it. We haven't seen him since the X-Men 3 wave.

First Appearance Wolverine/Battle-Damaged Hulk?

Wolverine in Iron Man's Scuba Armor/Green Trunks Namor?

With Modern Iron Man coming in the Civil War set, it kind of limits the New Avengers interactions between Shellhead and the hairy runt. Unless some rather odd person wants a naked Wolverine/naked Tony Stark set.

I would like to see Ant Man and Wasp or regular Black Panther, myself. . .I don't see them doing another Avengers wave in the near future, and these are some of the few, major, remaining Avengers that haven't been made yet for some reason.

I would also like to see regular (non-astonishing) furry Beast and Marvel Girl Jean Gray, or maybe Captain Britain and non-astonishing Kitty Pride.

If we get an original Wolvie, I would hope for Wendigo over another Hulk, though. . .

As the convention exclusive this summer, I'd like to see Diamond produce a Minimate two-pack of Rampaging Hulk / Hulkbuster Iron Man. Both have big summer movies - that's a good marketing tie-in. Plus I really want a Hulkbuster Iron Man.

What do you think should be this year's convention exclusives?

I'd love to see this two pack.

I suspect we might get a 'preview pack' for the IM & Hulk waves? like last years SM3 previews. Perhaps simply a single Hulk and IM two pack.

I guess the Civ war set kind of qualifies as Con Exclusive as it's going to be first sold there.

T.

I LOVE the idea of a movie tie having rampaging Hulk and Hulbuster IM! I think though it is time to see some gambit and deapool love. I'll continue to say it over and over we need these two. In the end I will just be happy to have some characters that haven't been done before or even just new minimates.

Give me the Silver Surfer and Hulk from the Planet Hulk story line. That would be so wicked cool.

Doubt it will be a hulk though, with so many hulks on the way and the couple that just came out.

My second pick will be anybody from the Annihilation wave story.

Hulk/Iron-Man 2-pack would be sweet, but I wonder if a movie preview would be allowed? Iron-y-Man is Paramount, Hulk is Universal, two entirely different studios. Seems unlikely to mix.

A comic based two-pack would be possible, but new molding would open up for anybody else.

Given that the Daredevil and Giant Man pack last year (weren't they one of the exclusives?) tied into the Marvel Zombies boxed set, I wouldn't be suprised to see the exclusive this year be Civil War themed.

If thats the case, my guess would be that any of these people would have a shot:

-Herc (although I wanna see him in a 2 pack with Amadeus Cho at some point)

-Maria Hill

-Clor (although I don't really know how he would be different physically than Avengers wave Thor)

-Penance (I could see him and when he was Speed Ball in a 2 pack)

-Original Captain Marvel

-Bill Foster

-Cape Killers (as someone was mentioning in the Civil War boxed set thread)

-Atlantean Infantry (for a army builder pack with the Cape Killers)

-Daniel Rand Daredevil (although other than under the mask, I don't think it would be that different than a normal Daredevil)

Also a Hulk/Iron Man 2 pack would be too far fetched, because the films are both being made by Marvel Studios (the recently created Film/TV devision of Marvel).

Given that the Daredevil and Giant Man pack last year (weren't they one of the exclusives?) tied into the Marvel Zombies boxed set, I wouldn't be suprised to see the exclusive this year be Civil War themed.

If thats the case, my guess would be that any of these people would have a shot:

-Herc (although I wanna see him in a 2 pack with Amadeus Cho at some point)

-Maria Hill

-Clor (although I don't really know how he would be different physically than Avengers wave Thor)

-Penance (I could see him and when he was Speed Ball in a 2 pack)

-Original Captain Marvel

-Bill Foster

-Cape Killers (as someone was mentioning in the Civil War boxed set thread)

-Atlantean Infantry (for a army builder pack with the Cape Killers)

-Daniel Rand Daredevil (although other than under the mask, I don't think it would be that different than a normal Daredevil)

Also a Hulk/Iron Man 2 pack would be too far fetched, because the films are both being made by Marvel Studios (the recently created Film/TV devision of Marvel).

I like your thinking...

If Nitro is in the Civil War set, we've gotta have a Speed Ball too!

Hulk/Iron-Man 2-pack would be sweet, but I wonder if a movie preview would be allowed? Iron-y-Man is Paramount, Hulk is Universal, two entirely different studios. Seems unlikely to mix.

A comic based two-pack would be possible, but new molding would open up for anybody else.

I was thinking comic-styled for my suggestion. I mean, I like the movie-sytyled Minimates as much as anybody, but the comic style is the gold standard.

How about DST giving us the other 2 major Spider-Man movie villains in a convenient 2-pack. (Dafoe) Green Goblin and (Molina) Doc Ock.

I'd buy it. That would be awesome.

I like the idea of Hulkbuster Iron-Man. I love those type of suits. Iron-Man is the only character I won't get bored of buying variants of.

Will there definatley be a convention exclusive this year... or is the Civil War boxset to be concidered a convention exclusive?

Just a thought, it'd be cool if they gave away Skrull heads to make our own Secret Invasion imposters.