UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Battle-damaged Wolverine

MiKeKinD

Wolverine is the KING of Battle-damage. I can think of no other character that is illustrated in a wounded state as much as he has been. When most artists do Wolverine covers or stories, Logan appears as though his ass was handed to him through his throat.

So where is his Battle-damaged minimate? The zombie one doesn't count, either.

Do you think they have one in the works?

Wolverine is the KING of Battle-damage. I can think of no other character that is illustrated in a wounded state as much as he has been. When most artists do Wolverine covers or stories, Logan appears as though his ass was handed to him through his throat.

So where is his Battle-damaged minimate? The zombie one doesn't count, either.

Do you think they have one in the works?

Not that I want to encourage them to make another Wolverine, but yeah... no kidding...

There are 4 friggin battledamaged Spider-Mans... Daredevil has one... Captain America has one...

Seems odd, don't it?

I'm just saying, with all the Wolverines we have recieved, the one we need is the one we haven't gotten. My guess is that we'll get one, but it will probably be exclusive in some way, like the Cap. and Punisher set.

Zombie Wolverine appears "battle damaged" . . .

DOESN'T COUNT !

Considering they haven't shoehorned Wolverine into a wave since the X-Men 3 wave (14), I imagine your wish will be coming true in Wave 24:

The Many Battered Faces of Wolverine (Wave 24)

Battle-Damaged Wolverine/Naked Wolverine

Skeleton Wolverine/Face Blown Off Wolverine

Meat Wolverine/Ripped in Half Ultimate Wolverine

Variant: Adamantium Ripped From His Bones Wolverine

This is the one variant that I actually wouldn't mind, so long as it was in his Classic Tiper Stripe outfit. The only problem being that it would be much more highly detailed being a modern figure, than the original, so maybe a more up to date version would come with it. I dunno. I like my battle damaged figures.

I don't mind the battle-damaged variations either. It's the separate figures representing the unmasked version of a character that bugs me. Unmasked Daredevil, Wolverine, and Spider-Man could have all been handled differently in my opinion.

It is odd we'd get 4 different battle-damaged Spideys, 2 Caps, 1 Daredevil and 1 Thing with no Wolverine though. Factor in that we have BD Supes, Batman, Wonder Woman, Kirk, Rocky, Apollo (sorta), several Cylons, and even a Six, and he is kind of oddly missing from the list.

You know we might get more than we ask for if we aren't careful. There is a Wolvie movie coming out and it is supposed to have Deadpool and Gambit in it. That would suck 4 movie Wolvies and a movie DP and Gambit rather than their comic counterparts.

DST has been good about releasing comic versions around the same time as any Marvel movie 'mates. I think comic versions of Deadpool and Gambit are pretty much guarenteed this year or next whether we see Wolverine Movie 'mates or not.

Not only a battle-damaged Wolverine, but I would like to see an updated and more detailed version of Wolverine AND Spider-Man. Yes, I know I'm crazy. But I'd love to see a Spidey wave with Aunt May, Electro, Kraven, Vulture, Scorpion, and six-arm Spider-Man. And a Wolverine wave with classic Sabertooth, Deadpool, Gambit, Nuke, X-23 and AoA Wolverine.

As much as we hate re-issues, the line needs new Spider-Man and Wolverine releases to pull in new collectors. New collectors = more Minimates for us. :)

Only problem being the wave 1 Spiderman is perfect. If you think he needs an update, use SM3. Or Torment. Or FA.

As for Wolvy? Yeah, I see one coming and am honestly suprised we haven't seen one yet. All I can say is when we do get one, I hope it's his brown costume. He always seemed to sustain massive damage in that thing.

Only problem being the wave 1 Spiderman is perfect. If you think he needs an update, use SM3. Or Torment. Or FA.

As for Wolvy? Yeah, I see one coming and am honestly suprised we haven't seen one yet. All I can say is when we do get one, I hope it's his brown costume. He always seemed to sustain massive damage in that thing.

There was a spiderman in wave 1? B)

T.

There was a spiderman in wave 1? B)

T.

Er, wave 2. You knew that. I knew that. Why you so mean to grunky?

Were there a wave including original versions of Adrian Toomes Vulture, Electro, Kraven the Hunter, Lizard, Morbius and Shocker I could stomach another Spider-Man. One of the six-armed variety, preferably.

Same goes for Wolverine IF the wave also had Gambit, Psylocke, feather-winged Angel, green/yellow Jean Gray Phoenix, Mastermind, Toad, Blob and a non-cat blue Beast.