UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Wave 22 - The Incredible Hulk moviemates

MINI_MYTE

They didnt reveal them at NYCC, maybe at san diegothough. I know Bi-beast, titanium man, and the UFoes are in the hulk game. and I saw a promo art pic of movie hulk and hulkbuster iron man behind him. It would be cooler if we got some of those characters instead of more crappy civilians.

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

San Diego is cutting it awfully close to when these are supposed to be in stores... Has DST ever blind-solicited a wave before? In fact, has this wave even officially been solicited? BBTS has them up with no pictures, but they usually put up preorders as soon as they hear a rumor of something.

San Diego is cutting it awfully close to when these are supposed to be in stores... Has DST ever blind-solicited a wave before? In fact, has this wave even officially been solicited? BBTS has them up with no pictures, but they usually put up preorders as soon as they hear a rumor of something.

when DST solicited the spiderman 3 waves they were blind solicited....just blacked out images with the figures revealed at various websights later on....maybe they are planning the same kind of reveal with this wave

Jeff of the Miniacs

If you look at last monthe Previews, you'll see a full page add for the Incredible Hulk moviemates (in the DST section) with a silhouetted Hulk MM. This is the first teaser pic I guess.

If you look at last monthe Previews, you'll see a full page add for the Incredible Hulk moviemates (in the DST section) with a silhouetted Hulk MM. This is the first teaser pic I guess.

Dam anyone got a scan of that??

Jeff of the Miniacs

• 2 weeks later...

Considering the Iron Man movie is out already, and only roughly a month left to Hulk, are we going to see the Mates series that match up with these movies come out any time soon? or is it going to be like the SM3 sets where they came out like 6 months after the movie did?

http://www.diamondselecttoys.com/

I see some TMNT customs coming from that Abomination, anybody else see what I mean?

Not too shabby I actually like the abomination.(I know I will be alone in that, and I am ok with it). and General Ross is the bomb.

The hulks...eh I have seen worse, the others always good to have some civilians. so over all 6 out of 10.

moc847

Urgh... 2 hulks with duck feet and nappies (Diapers) an Abomination/Turtle hybrid and a bunch of civilians. DAMN THOSE ARE FUGLY minimates!

ok so the Civvie versions look kinda cool, but this may be the first time I might skip a 'marvel' wave and break my completist status.

I expect the preorders for these to be up there with the Ghost rider wave... and we know what happened to those!

T.

p.s. Sucks General Ross is going to be the variant!

Hmmmm...

Really like Thunderbolt Ross (can take him off my customs list now). The Hulk is nice, but seems ... rounded. Like they smoothed all the hard edges off of him for safety purposes.

They're good, but I'm liking the Iron Man movie mates more.

I wouldn't be surprised if this turned out to be another wave we never actually see because it sucks so bad...

I don't blame the Minis, I blame the movie. Anyone remember the Ghost Rider movie? Or the lingering smell?

Great! another movie wave destined to bite the dust. The only good mate in this set is maybe th abomination and Thunderbolt ross. I'm not really complaining because it is really hard to find good mates off of the Hulk movie now. I mean come on, its the hulk and abomination and then an assload of civilians. Not like the Iron man wave which had three different iron man armors and the iron monger. Yeah thats easy to make a wave out of. But the Hulk movie was'nt going to be so easy.

And why is it everytime I look at the "B.D." Hulk in the corner I feel like he has pooed his diaper that they threw in to make him look .0000001 cm taller! And here we go with the duck feet again. I hope they come with reagular feet because I will be instantly switching them out. Hulk may be just as tiny as the other mates but come on. Lets not turn him into the incredible quacker.

I'm not sure what I feel about these. I like that they're trying to find ways around the size restrictions, and I like that the bulky chests aren't as sculpted as some other recent offerings. And maybe I'm the only one who likes the "duck feet", though I do wish they'd draw toes on them. My only complaint is the rounded "diaper" that everyone else seems to mention. I do agree though, that it'll be a hard sell to get a bunch of civilians out there. Ghost Rider and 24 both were civilian heavy and suffered for it, so I don't see this one faring much better.

Still, I hope they see the light of day, because I want movie Hulk and movie Iron Man to throw down, only to be interrupted by movie Spidey and movie Wolverine busting into the picture. Movie Ghost Rider won't make it to the fight, though, because he had to take the bus.

Is it the preorders for a wave that determine whether or not they will be released?

More or less. It depends on interest from retailers. If no one orders it, why release it?

And maybe I'm the only one who likes the "duck feet", though I do wish they'd draw toes on them.

My issue with duck feet is not that they are boosters which is probably a good thing for a Hulk mate but that the were BADLY /Lazily sculpted. They look horribly artificial as they are just unsculpted wedges, Not even the Hulk has wedges for feet. Round em off to match the other minifeet or even give em toes!

I know I'm hating on this wave but am starting to see a trend where we are getting more & more cleanly detailed civilians from DST and the costumed guys are starting to suck! Mostly due to over-sculpting or over use of moulded chest pieces.

The big exceptions to this at present seem to be the IronMan box set and movie set which IMO look stunning and that's where my money is likely to go!

T.

I wouldn't be surprised if this turned out to be another wave we never actually see because it sucks so bad...

I don't blame the Minis, I blame the movie. Anyone remember the Ghost Rider movie? Or the lingering smell?

Hey, don't badmouth the Ghost Rider Minimates. Where else were we going to get our Minimate-scaled shovels?

But yeah, I would not be surprised if these never see the light of day. I also wouldn't be horribly disappointed if they don't.

EEK! I had really high hopes for this wave, especially coming off the awesome Iron Man wave but boy do these dissapoint! I HATE the duck feet and all the chunkiness they are adding to make them look bigger. For me, the Powerhouse chest piece did a great job doing that and I think thats what they need to go back to.

I agree that the source material here is what made them look so bland and we might have been better off just getting a limited edition Movie hulk 2pack or a small run Boxset rather than putting these awful things into the main series! *sigh*