UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Shamrock's lost customs: Fighting JC and Batman pg. 35

Can't really say anything that hasn't already been said, but i'll add my appreciation too. Great Work! I am so stoked by customizers, So much effort goes into making these luittle guys. I think more effort than usual went into Larfleeze & it shows. Kudos!

• Replies 875
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And now it's time to search the Database for a hairpiece that hass dreadlocks which start awkwardly at the back of the head rather than the top. Any suggestions?

How about BSG Lt Kendra Shaw's?? Knoeing you, you could fix that irhgt up.

I mean, that's what I'LL be using. ;)

Maybe, except I don't want to buy a boxed set. I'll see what I can come up with.

Should we race?

And now it's time to search the Database for a hairpiece that hass dreadlocks which start awkwardly at the back of the head rather than the top. Any suggestions?

How about BSG Lt Kendra Shaw's?? Knoeing you, you could fix that irhgt up.

I mean, that's what I'LL be using. ;)

Maybe, except I don't want to buy a boxed set. I'll see what I can come up with.

Should we race?

Haha i hear ya; i want like 7 more Cylon War era-pilots, but don't wanna spend that much.

And that may not be the best idea; i still have to start and have two whole "waves" of 16 figures panned. ;)

Well, I just started on Warth and Star Sapphire anyways.

Still can't figure out that damn hair.

I just realized after looking at Luke's Danger custom; why not rty to scuplt one using mainly Brainiac 13's tentacles?? That is, if you have one handy. I might still use Kendra's, but might use a few of these and glue them to her's for an over-the-shoulder look.

That could be worth a shot, I've got those lying around somewhere.

Of course, I might have to wait until the Indigo Tribe actually DOES something. After all, if I went and made the Blue Lantern frontman before knowing the characters, I would have made Saint Walker instead of...

Warth, Blue Lantern of Sector 002

Warth1.jpg

DNgroup4.jpg

As I was sculpting the head, I was thinking to myself "Boy, I sure hope his ears don't fall off, and that I didn't sculpt his trunk to low so that it would interfere with the fat suit."

Guess what happened? It's technically removable, but between the ears and the trunk, there's no way to get a good enough grip on his head to put it on another Minimate.

Edited by Shamrock

Haha!! Once again, Sham, you totally impress me; seriosuly, i love your work on Blackest Night. They are definitely going to be a huge inspiration on mine, i want ya to know that. Of course, i'll be doing Saint Walker, based purely on preference. ;)

Can't wait for your Indigo Lantern Indigo (wow...so original...)!! I know i'm gonna love it. And you're right; they do need to get involved. I have a feeling, with the recent goings-on in the last issue of GL, that we'll be seeing them/her very shortly. :yes:

You have some seriously awesome work here. I love the attention to detail you have all all the costumes. I can't decide which one's my favorite but I like how you tackled Warths' head, I know these kind of things give most customizers headaches.

I'm assuming he's going to become a "White Lantern" The absense of light is black, while all colors of light added together make white, and he's kinda going on that track right now. Star Sapphire Hal Jordan is the thing of nightmares

Well...

Personally I'm really looking forward to Star Sapphire Hal Jordan. After they gave Carol such a nightmare of an outfit it's only fair play.

;) If nothing else Guys' reaction alone would be worth the costume change.

Shamrock! You are freaking me out! My God man, your sculpting and overall vision are amazing. I am totally blown away by Warth. Your Blackest Night boxed set (or sets) are shaping up wonderfully. I am most impressed.

Any chance we could see a couple profile shots of Warth? What did you use for the sculpting? Miliput?

Again... just phenominal work!

Thanks so much for the comments everyone@

Starlight: I can wait. WARNING! Link contains what can only be described as "Speculative Spoilers" Also highly distrubing imagery of Hal Jordan.

Mini Myte: I'll add a profile shot with my next one.

You think THAT'S bad?! Try this custom "companion" to the SDCC Hall Jordan exclusives..

Did you look at the address for that picture?

I put way too much effort into my jokes.

:blink:

No...i didn't...and i reeeeeeeeally wish i hadn't... :P

But either way, it's a Godsawful idea. I would really stop reading GL if Hal goes "everycolorman" and has to wear a

Star Sapphire's

uniform. That'd be so wrong for such a great series.

Thanks so much for the comments everyone@

Starlight: I can wait. WARNING! Link contains what can only be described as "Speculative Spoilers" Also highly distrubing imagery of Hal Jordan.

Mini Myte: I'll add a profile shot with my next one.

:biggrin: You say that like it's a bad thing.

I got to find that very special Hal Jordon "Pretty princess" icon. Guy got turned into a woman the least Hal can do is strut his stuff. (But seriously is up with the barely there outfit?)

Edited by Starlight

I don't get it at all. Star Sapphire once had a pretty respectable outfit when it came to female comic book characters. Sure, there was the big disco collar, but all it exposed was her legs. If they had taken that they could have made a pretty cool uniform for the Corps that wouldn't like so out of place with the rest of them.

Instead it looks like she was suddenly ashamed of her legs, and tore off the front of her costume to cover them.

Edited by Shamrock

Pretty much. Though I've seen a corps group shot from GL Blackest Night 0 and in GLC that not all the Star Sapphires' (thankfully) have the same outfit. Miri has a more modern version of the old costume for example.

Edited by Starlight

First up, here's that profile picture of Warth:

WarthProf.jpg

Now, for the silliest redesign ever, and also the second of my Blackest Night customs to already have a Minimate...

Carol Ferris, leader(?) of the Star Sapphire Corps.

Star1.jpg

Ugh, this costume.

BNgroup5.jpg

I'm running out of room in my lightbox! Now sadly I can't avoid Indigo.

Edited by Shamrock