UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Scarlet Spider/Hobgoblin

MinimateEspo25

I understand where you're coming from. Not to be a sadistic SOB, but exclusive traditionally means "something that everyone wants that very few people get". Esp with toys. So like it or not, I just don't see what good complaining does.

Fair enough, but I still fail to see why they have to release it as an exclusive when they could just as easily release it in a bog standard wave. Heck, we've had enough bloody variants of "Classic Spidey" in the main waves, why not give an alternative costume like Scarlet or Web Armour a chance for a change. Like I said before, I'm not as fond of the classic costume as I am of some of the variants, so I'd more than happily welcome them.

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To be fair, I can't think of an "exclusive" set that hasn't ended up being fairly easy to get within a few months of its release. From Magneto and Prof X. up through the Defenders, each "exclusive" ended up in the stock of nearly every online retailer out there. Granted, it's unfortunate you can't run down and get Minimates at your local corner store, but it's been proven time and again that these are a specialty item that just don't seem to work at mass retailers. I'm frankly surprised FYE is taking a swing at them.

Ironically, the "widely-distributed" Target X-men packs are some of the most sought-after and hardest to find mates out there...

When these begin to hit stores, I imagine those of us with FYE/Suncoast/etc., can try to help those in need. It always seems to work out with these exclusives, so don't worry too much.

I can relate to feeling easier about the situation if I could just go and get the items myself. However, its happened to me more than once that I simply cannot, for multiple reasons, and someone here always helps me out.

There has yet to be a minimate that I haven't found either directly or with a little help from the guys on the board. I don't see why everyone is so up in arms over these being at FYE or Suncoast.

Exclusives are harder to find, yes... BUT they still want to sell them & they almost always end up elsewhere eventually.

T.

They definitely took a minimalist approach to this set. You get two blank minimates with DCD Robin's cape, GG's pumpkin bomb, and a new hood. I'm reserving final judgment for when I have these in my hands, but I'm not excited about these as much as I thought I would be. Still, its two new characters, so there's one thing to be excited about.

Did our two winners who were supposed to get these sets early ever get them?

To be fair, I can't think of an "exclusive" set that hasn't ended up being fairly easy to get within a few months of its release. From Magneto and Prof X. up through the Defenders, each "exclusive" ended up in the stock of nearly every online retailer out there. Granted, it's unfortunate you can't run down and get Minimates at your local corner store, but it's been proven time and again that these are a specialty item that just don't seem to work at mass retailers. I'm frankly surprised FYE is taking a swing at them.

I hope this ends up being the case.

They definitely took a minimalist approach to this set. You get two blank minimates with DCD Robin's cape, GG's pumpkin bomb, and a new hood. I'm reserving final judgment for when I have these in my hands, but I'm not excited about these as much as I thought I would be. Still, its two new characters, so there's one thing to be excited about.

I love the fact that they are using the "minimalist" approach. I got into minimates in the first place, because they were simple and fun. All these sculpted parts are too much detail for my tastes. I say, stay old school and make the characters out of the "blanks". Accessories are nice, but the figures should all emmulate this set, IMO.

I just got word from DST Matt, that he would be shipping mine tomorrow which means I shoukld get it Monday or tuesday! I will post pictures as soon as I can. Thanks DST and Minimate Multiverse again, I am crazy excited!

Nice! Post pics if you can when the arrive.