UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

The Zombie Fest Contest!

Amazing.JL

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I say we go home, paint the scratches on this tank, put the sarge to bed and pretend this night never happened.

my votes are in and once again best of luck to all, great work from everyone!

and a big thank you to our contest sponsors.

as i said above and it seems like some either didn't read or chose not to accept, i do this for fun too! i am not Squabbling about prizes. i didnt think i had a chance to win and dont care, OPINIONS WERE ASKED FOR, AND I GAVE MINE! just because it doesnt agree with yours, doesnt make me a bad person. Jl i meant no offense to you and if you took any from it i am sorry, i apprieciate all you and the other staff members do for this community.

Vbpanizzi- thanks for the gesture, but i agree that would not be right/fair to all who worked so hard on this contest.

I share TBT's sentiments. JL, you've done a lot for the boards and have brought a lot of fun to the masses here with the contests you've hosted. I do hope your decision to step down from future involvement isn't based on the outcome of this contest. Like you said yourself, you can't make everyone happy, so don't sweat a little negativity. Sometimes we lose sight of the path for the carrot dangling in front of our faces.

Something else we often forget or take for granted is the amount of work and sacrifice that goes into making things like these contests or even this message board possible. Thanks JL, Mini-Myte, and all the others working behind the scenes to make this place worth visiting on a daily basis. Your sacrifices aren't for naught.

Well I feel like a right big ass. My sincere apologies.

JL I would agree with Tim, you and the other staff have done an amazing job, that was my original intent behind me throwing in my "prize". I am entertained daily by this sight because of the friendlyness, the shared joy, the friendly joking, and the awesome contests. Please don't take what I said or how I felt as a slap in the face I honestly did not mean it that way.

Anybody got an emote of a donkey. :wallbash:

Lastly and this is the main reason for my posting here, JL do not take it personally. You do a really fucking awesome job with the contests, you've given so much to the site ( and I don't just mean physically as prizes) that I'd be really pissed if you let one 'bad day' drive you off.

Keep the faith JL B) .

T.

Reinforcing what TBT said JL. Please don't let this setback affect you so badly m'man.

I'd hate to see you leave the boards, I consider you one of the mainstays and a good mate too.

For what its worth I think you've done a great job JL, and MiniMyte! I didn't manage to get an entry together for this which I wanted to, but thats my own fault.

I will be voting shortly, and the best of luck to everyone!

Wow! A lot of drama has transpired over the course of 12+ hours while I was absent from the boards. Seeing as how I co-sponsored and co-planned this contest I thought I might add my 2 cents worth.

Firstly, JL please don't quit this forum! You are without a doubt one of the most unselfish and dedicated people at the MMMV. Your absence would be a great loss to all the forum members (including myself), as your past contests have been fun and inspirational in regards to the customizing community.

Secondly, I can tell you guys (the forum members) first handedly, that organizing and maintaining a contest is in no way an easy feat. JL has done this several times and I've barely made it through my first one partnered up with him. The man devotes one hell of a lot of time & work here also while holding down a job in the real world.

I approached JL about doing a zombiemate contest, shortly after the Monstermates for Blood charity project had gotten underway, as he had expressed a similar interest. We wanted it to be different than any previous custom contest (in theme and prize size). So we went out and blew a ton of cash on prizes the likes of which had never been seen here (to my knowledge) and came up with 3 different categories instead of just "top 3" customs. Speaking for myself, I thought there would have been a lot more participation in all 3 categories, but the majority of you went for the original concept. If there had been at least a minimum of 4 entries per category we wouldn't be in the situation we are. JL and myself deliberated on what to do with the deadline knocking at our door and a decision was made. Plain and simple. We didn't want it to go down like it did, but IT DID! I'll take full responsibility for the changes made if it'll make everybody feel better. Much like JL feels, after the Zombiefest contest is over and done with, I no longer wish to sponsor or host a contest again. I thought it was going to be a blast, but it really wasn't.

That's my rant.

I honestly feel that the zombie theme was just not the funnest theme in the world. One great thing about some contests is when stuff is done like a DC contest (dunno why) at the end of the day your new figure looks great with the rest of your collection, even if you lose. Just my thought

Scourge, how did you do the splatter on your Amish?

Sorry, I've been in Vegas at my best friends bachelor party/ wedding. To answear your question TENIME, I just loaded a paintbrush full of red paint and physically blew it onto the minimate. You can use and air compressor if you don't like to blow yourself :D .

Thank you guys for your comments. I'll take them into consideration. After this week I have some personal issues to attend to then I'll think about things some more.

Let's focus on the positive and what's most important. Voting is still Open!

The PM Ballot system is being used for the voting.

Each submitted ballot must list in order who you feel made the three best zombie-mates.

1.) Best Bloody Zombie

2.) 2nd Best Bloody Zombie

3.) 3rd Best Bloody Zombie

Anyone can vote, even the participants.

If you are a participant, you cannot vote for your own entry.

During the voting period, please send all PM ballots to Amazing.JL

The Top Three Winners will have their choice of the prize bundles/packages and will select based on placement.

Click on the Link below for the Zombie Contest Gallery!

http://www.minimatemultiverse.com/index.php?showtopic=3589

Good Luck to all! Thanks Again Guys!

The Voting Period Goes through October 30th at 11:59 PM PST.

Thanks to all who have voted so far. :) Come on guys, get those votes in!

Thanks to everyone who participated and for your cooperation. We hit a bump on the road, but we got through it.

Everyone did a great job!

Here are your Zombie Winners!

1.) Antacost

2.) Scrouge

3.) Luke314pi

Honorable Winners

Drgnrbrn316

Jcastick

Mattalica

That's right Honorable Winners. We decided that you get a prize as well.

All honorable winners will be getting the recently released FIDO DVD!

fido.jpg

The winners will be contacted over the next few days.

Thanks again all! :)

Thanks to everyone that voted. Congrats to everybody that won. Thanks to JL and Mini_Myte for running the contest.

I really didn't think I had a shot at winning. Magnum P.I. was kinda out of far-left-field, but I had fun doing it... And that's what truly matters in these things... Having fun, Making Minis.

Whoa! What?! Second place! Wow! Thanks guys for your votes. I'm new to the boards and the customizing game and it feels weird to have placed as good as I did. Thank you, thank you all. I would like to say congrats all the competition. All the zombies were amazingly done. Great creativity from everybody. Thank you JL and Mini-Myte for hosting this amazing contest.

I really didn't think I had a shot at winning. Magnum P.I. was kinda out of far-left-field, but I had fun doing it... And that's what truly matters in these things... Having fun, Making Minis.

It's the ones that are far-left-field that stand out in people's eyes the most. Look at the winners: Magnum PI, an Amish person, and a character from an obscure movie. And the honorable mention included Forrest Gump and Stan Lee.

When I saw your entry, I didn't think I had a shot at winning anymore, since you were pulling from the same pool of "not in a million years" characters that I was, so scoring an Honorable just floored me. I've never scored any spot in an actual custom contest.

But like you said, it was the fun that made this contest as great as it was. It offered more creativity than the "make a character from something" contests we usually get.

Those are usually the ones that I try and create as well, characters that although fit the over-all theme, may not be as mainstream as some others. Makes me be a little more creative for contests like this one.

Like drgnrbrn316 said, I saw yours as well and really considered not even entering. But I had Stan Lee in mind since the contest was announced and I really wanted to make him.

Another fun contest guys, thanks a bunch!