UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

The Zombie Fest Contest!

Amazing.JL

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay guys, the gallery hasn't been posted because we have a minor problem.

There are just not enought entries for the Comics and Movie categories. We really think that there would be a better turnout. We're thinking about doing without the categories and vote on the top Three Zombies overall. What do you guys, the contestants, think?

Okay guys, the gallery hasn't been posted because we have a minor problem.

There are just not enought entries for the Comics and Movie categories. We really think that there would be a better turnout. We're thinking about doing without the categories and vote on the top Three Zombies overall. What do you guys, the contestants, think?

im game for whatever i had a blast making my zombie and have been blown away again by the talent put out by this board so my vote is for the top 3 overall zombies

Thanks guys for being very understanding, I appreciate it. :) There were some awesome entries!

Voting is Now Open!

The PM Ballot system will be used for the voting.

Each submitted ballot must list in order who you feel made the three best zombie-mates.

1.) Best Bloody Zombie

2.) 2nd Best Bloody Zombie

3.) 3rd Best Bloody Zombie

Anyone can vote, even the participants.

If you are a participant, you cannot vote for your own entry.

During the voting period, please send all PM ballots to Amazing.JL

The Top Three Winners will have their choice of the prize bundles/packages and will select based on placement.

Click on the Link below for the Zombie Contest Gallery!

http://www.minimatemultiverse.com/index.php?showtopic=3589

Good Luck to all! Thanks Again Guys!

The Voting Period Goes through October 30th at 11:59 PM PST.

hate to be the one with sour grapes but i don't think thats fair, i made my entry to fit the listed catagory, i dont think its right to change it after the fact.

seems to me there are enough entrants for each catagory anyway.

TBT, Bannerid and myself in comics

Luke and Vash in Movie/video game

and the rest in original

im sure ill get flamed or whatever but i cry foul!

hate to be the one with sour grapes but i don't think thats fair, i made my entry to fit the listed catagory, i dont think its right to change it after the fact.

and the rest in original

Actually Vash was also in the original concept category, leaving me in category 2 (TV and movies) by myself. If we had kept the original rules, I would have been handed a victory simply for being the only person in the category, and it would have been very unfair.

and the rest in original

Actually Vash was also in the original concept category, leaving me in category 2 (TV and movies) by myself. If we had kept the original rules, I would have been handed a victory simply for being the only person in the category, and it would have been very unfair.

TBT! was in the OC too... (sorry i just wanted to sound cool and use initials)

I can see where Mattallica is coming from, but the sad thing is sometimes things have to change. Ultimately, its up to those running the contest to determine the rules, and its almost always a given that "rules are subject to change without prior notification." While it can be irritating going from being one of two entrants in a given category to one of twenty in a contest, is it really fair to just hand someone a prize for being the only entrant in a category? Sure Luke will probably score a prize anyway, but I like the idea of making him work for it. :)

Then again, maybe I'm just biased, since I'm one of the dozen or so who probably doesn't have a chance to score in category, but a better chance to score overall. :lol:

"Actually Vash was also in the original concept category, leaving me in category 2 (TV and movies) by myself"

Vash should have been included in a movie/tv/video game catagory a predesigned zombie from a source other than comics, his is not an original design it is an interpretation of an already designed zombie.

your right TBT is in original i meant Joka, my bad

".....is it really fair to just hand someone a prize for being the only entrant in a category?"

YES! we all had a chance to enter that catagory. and again i dont see how he is alone in that catagory anyway.

one more thing you asked the opinion of the entrants at 11:30pm got replies from a few entrants(mostly those in the original catagory anyway) then went ahead with that plan at least give the rest of us time to reply. :(

"Actually Vash was also in the original concept category, leaving me in category 2 (TV and movies) by myself"

Vash should have been included in a movie/tv/video game catagory a predesigned zombie from a source other than comics, his is not an original design it is an interpretation of an already designed zombie.

your right TBT is in original i meant Joka, my bad

".....is it really fair to just hand someone a prize for being the only entrant in a category?"

YES! we all had a chance to enter that catagory. and again i dont see how he is alone in that catagory anyway.

one more thing you asked the opinion of the entrants at 11:30pm got replies from a few entrants(mostly those in the original catagory anyway) then went ahead with that plan at least give the rest of us time to reply. :(

the following quote is from the contest rules

"1.) Comics - In this category the custom minimate has to be a zombie character from any comic or graphic novel.

2.) TV/Movies - Here the custom minimate had to be a zombie from a particular Movie or TV show.

3.) Original Concept - This minimate custom can be any character Zombie transformed not to have been a zombie before in Comics or TV/Movies. The sky is the limit! You can even consider it a "What if?" concept. This would also include Zombies that do not fit in the Comics or TV/Moives categories"

Now as far as my entry goes. I talked to JL privately about my entry and because of the last line in the original concept category (which i have bolded) i understood where i was to be placed.

Now as for the rules being changed... does it suck? yep.. is the way the contest being judged now possibly the way the contest should have been ruled from the get go.. most likely(personal opinion) BUT!!!! just winning because youre the only entry into a specific category (to me) kinda defeats the purpose of doing the whole custom contest..

now.. Ive entered just about every custom contest that has been held on this board.. Ive never won, nor have I ever come close to winning.. hell I dont even think that Ive ranked in the top 5 in a single contest. now.. what does that mean.. it means that I enter these contests for the reason that we have them.. for FUN win or lose, big prize or just a little bit of fame in this corner of the interweb its all about fun.. so that being said understand that having to change the rules at the end of a contest wasnt what JL wanted.. but it had to be done so that the contest was actually viable..

i dunno.. this is all IMHO so please dont take offense to any of this and if you do take offense to any of this bring it up to me personally not on here in the public form.

mike

now.. Ive entered just about every custom contest that has been held on this board.. Ive never won, nor have I ever come close to winning.. hell I dont even think that Ive ranked in the top 5 in a single contest. now.. what does that mean.. it means that I enter these contests for the reason that we have them.. for FUN win or lose, big prize or just a little bit of fame in this corner of the interweb its all about fun.. so that being said understand that having to change the rules at the end of a contest wasnt what JL wanted.. but it had to be done so that the contest was actually viable..

i dunno.. this is all IMHO so please dont take offense to any of this and if you do take offense to any of this bring it up to me personally not on here in the public form.

mike

same here entered almost all, never won, don't care i do it for fun as well. opinions were asked for mine i gave im sure it won't get me any votes or make me any friends in fact im sure completely the opposite. that's ok, didnt figure i had a chance of winning anyway and see above, but it is my opinion the only way this or ANY site gets better is from input of its members.

ps no offense taken and none implied to anyone(You,JL, entrants, staff or members)

No offense taken, nor was any intended towards you or anyone else with differing opinions than my own.

And I agree that it is kind of a bummer to have the judging change at the last minute. But I can understand the need and I'm cool with it. The change in judging doesn't really change the spirit of the contest in that we had to make a zombie and said zombie had to be chosen as the best from a jury of our peers. Only difference is now I go up against a few more people in the pool of entrants. Which is more satisfying: beating out one other guy or beating out 20? That's just the way I see it.

If I was the sole entrant in a category or the one who had the 50/50 shot at the top prize, then I might see things differently, but my odds sucked to begin with, so I can only see it as three more hats in the ring. So, I can see your side of the argument, with valid arguments to boot, its just that current circumstances place me on the opposite side of the poll.

So I think both sides are totally valid in this, I know, that is a wafflers stance. But I do believe that Matt actually has the more valid point.

Matt entered the contest early and entered the category with least resistance, either by luck or design. Me, I was going to enter the contest but ran out of time and procrastination helped, but I had planned on entering either of the non'original' classes. I wanted to win. I like to win. I like to play when my chances of winning are good, I am not an eternal optomist and my guess is neither is Matt(icouldbewrong). Winning makes a person feel goodPERIOD

So here ...who ever gets more votes between Mattalica and BannersID will get a free set of Marvel Zombies from me.

I have mentioned and mentioned and screamed how much I love MMMV I guess this is my way of putting my money where my foot where my mouth is.

So here ...who ever gets more votes between Mattalica and BannersID will get a free set of Marvel Zombies from me.

while that strikes as MORE than generous on your part vbpanizzi, it really is unfair to the rest, thanks for the thought though!

Listen guys, believe me I’ve taken everything under consideration and I felt this was the best way to go. The way things ended it would have been unfair and the person most impacted by the change was okay with it. Oh and vbpanizzi, I don't believe it's right for you to offer minimates.

Everyone is entitled to there own views and opinions. Not everyone was going to be happy either way. I wish I could make everyone happy but I can’t and tough. It hurts me more than anyone that I had to make the change. I thought through several scenarios and at the end of the day this was the best thing to do.

Most of all I feel even worse for my partner involved who invested a lot of time an money. For that I am truly sorry. Thank you to those that understood my decision.

I enjoy making and working these contests for you the members. I’m always willing to do what I can for the better of this place and generate some fun. This is not the way I wanted this contest to end. Things happen and we can only move on. If you are still stubborn about your opinion, don’t worry about it. After doing and working so many contests, I have decided to no longer do any or be involved in any more contests going forward. I had so many plans but all things must come to an end. I am also going to evaluate on what my involvement will be with the boards. For now, it’s nearing midnight and I have to prepare for tomorrow.

I wish all the contest participants the best in the voting.

I have not entered many contest, mainly because I feared that I would lose like many of you think or feel, but I came to realize that this site is all about people coming together with a common interest and showing each other what we know and what we can do. So anything else is a bonus like this contest and it shouldn't be ruined with petty squabbles over which category a person should be in, it should be about fun and appreciating each others abilities. So as for my opinion on the change I'm cool with it and Amazing,JL I hope you reconsider stepping down. Bruce

Listen guys, believe me I’ve taken everything under consideration and I felt this was the best way to go. The way things ended it would have been unfair and the person most impacted by the change was okay with it. Oh and vbpanizzi, I don't believe it's right for you to offer minimates.

Everyone is entitled to there own views and opinions. Not everyone was going to be happy either way. I wish I could make everyone happy but I can’t and tough. It hurts me more than anyone that I had to make the change. I thought through several scenarios and at the end of the day this was the best thing to do.

Most of all I feel even worse for my partner involved who invested a lot of time an money. For that I am truly sorry. Thank you to those that understood my decision.

I enjoy making and working these contests for you the members. I’m always willing to do what I can for the better of this place and generate some fun. This is not the way I wanted this contest to end. Things happen and we can only move on. If you are still stubborn about your opinion, don’t worry about it. After doing and working so many contests, I have decided to no longer do any or be involved in any more contests going forward. I had so many plans but all things must come to an end. I am also going to evaluate on what my involvement will be with the boards. For now, it’s nearing midnight and I have to prepare for tomorrow.

I wish all the contest participants the best in the voting.

Firstly I totally agree that you made the right choice JL, it was a situation that would have been unfair had it stayed the way it was. The fact that the one person who would have automatically been a winner is saying change it shows that the original plan was flawed and untenable, so you have to go with plan "B".

Secondly I'd like to say that I think sometimes people forget that these contests are thought up and administered with the idea of giving you something fun to do, no more, no less. The prizes come out of JL, MiniMyte and other members pockets, we aren't owned/sponsored by some big fat cat company, it's purely the love of minimates and the community that makes the contests or even this place happen.

We've had dozens of contests and for the most part they run smoothly. At the end of the day you as members have no rights in these contests, these are fun giveaways to add a something extra, If you don't like the changes to this one don't enter the next it's that simple.

Lastly and this is the main reason for my posting here, JL do not take it personally. You do a really fucking awesome job with the contests, you've given so much to the site ( and I don't just mean physically as prizes) that I'd be really pissed if you let one 'bad day' drive you off.

Keep the faith JL B) .

T.