UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Video Game Discussion

neolego

I got a Wii finally, but haven't really played far enough for true impressions on my games. I've got Wii Sports and Play, Godzilla, DBZ: BT3, Smackdown Vs. Raw, and Mario and Sonic. I've liked all of them (though I'm no wrestling fan, not my game). Also rented NiGHTS and SC Legends, both of which are ok, with NiGHTS being better.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I finally broke down and bought Folklore for my PS3... It's a beautifully done game. I'm not too far into it, but it's pretty good so far.

Anyone else here have a the PS3 and on PSN? Am I alone here with all of these 360 fanboys?

I got a PS3 for Christmas, antacost. I got the 40 gig version because I never had a PS2 or older games to worry about being backward compatiable.

What sold me on the PS3 was the integrated Blu Ray. I've been very pleased with everything so far. I've mostly been downloading Demos and playing those. Burnout Paradise looks amazing and I'll definitely be getting that when it comes out in January.

Only have 3 games at the moment: Simpsons, 2K7 College Basketball, and Tony Hawk. Although a ton of great games are scheduled for release in 2008. I think next year will be a big year for the PS3. (I'm also looking forward to Grand Theft Auto 4 - never played the previous incarnations but I can't wait to try it out).

My PSN name is Jatta Pake (whatelse!).

I got a Wii finally, but haven't really played far enough for true impressions on my games. I've got Wii Sports and Play, Godzilla, DBZ: BT3, Smackdown Vs. Raw, and Mario and Sonic. I've liked all of them (though I'm no wrestling fan, not my game). Also rented NiGHTS and SC Legends, both of which are ok, with NiGHTS being better.

What do you like the most? i thought Smackdown vs Raw 2008 on the wii sucked and this is coming from a HUGE wrestling fan.

What do you like the most? i thought Smackdown vs Raw 2008 on the wii sucked and this is coming from a HUGE wrestling fan.

Either Godzilla or Tenkaichi. Godzilla is way better than the reviews say, but it helps to be a fan of previous games. Tenkaichi is like being 9 all over again. :D

What sold me on the PS3 was the integrated Blu Ray. I've been very pleased with everything so far. I've mostly been downloading Demos and playing those. Burnout Paradise looks amazing and I'll definitely be getting that when it comes out in January.

My PSN name is Jatta Pake (whatelse!).

I can't wait for Paradise. I've played that demo the most of all of them that I've dl'd... Everyday, I'm blown away by the things I can do with the PS3. Hooked the iPod up to it the other day. Dl'd the Doctor Who X-mas Special, put it on a mem-stick, plugged that into the PS3, and it played... Easily the coolest "toy" to come out in awhile... Plus, the on-line's free!

PSN is: antacost

Xbox live is a blast. I have never had so much fun knifing people and popping rounds

through other people's skulls as I do in Call of Duty 4. I got your friend request done

Neo, all you need to do is sign into xbox live which I will be spending the remainder of

winter break on. TBT, I sended you a freind request but got no repely, take your time but

please know that I am ready to rape you in CoD 4.

I have a 360 and XBox Live, but for me, XBL was a terrible investment. I have probably used it a total of 5-10 times, and all it did was show me that a casual gamer has no business with this thing. I used to think I was pretty good at Smackdown vs. Raw (me and a buddy have been playing that and other wrestling video games for well over 15 years now--going back to the NES Wrestlemania), but those people on XBox Live appeared to spend way more time than we did playing, b/c we just sucked (and a lot of them just created characters that were really heavy and damn near impossible to beat, just to increase their scores, I guess. . .lame). It wasn't even fair, we just got destroyed. Then I tried Halo 2, and it was even worse. I beat Halo 1 and 2 without too much difficulty, but then I went online and it was just headshot, headshot, headshot. There is supposedly a ranking system, but I kept being put into games with, usually, a bunch of people that had never played before (that I had an easy time beating) and one or two people that must have played all day long perfecting their sniping. Ideally, XBL would be fun like in my college days, getting 4 friends to go at it on Goldeneye, but it just isn't that way in practice for me. Then, probably the worst of all, is all these kids constantly screaming obscenities, and yelling unintelligible things back and forth. I guess I'm just too old now to understand this modern gaming world. Just wanted to throw in my 2 cents.

Then, probably the worst of all, is all these kids constantly screaming obscenities, and yelling unintelligible things back and forth. I guess I'm just too old now to understand this modern gaming world. Just wanted to throw in my 2 cents.

I really think the same thing about all of the little kids on Xbox live. I try to get in a game and I either get bombarded

by pissy-wuss 10 year old kids who can't play for shit, or I get get all of these poser wanna-be tough kids that are total

n00bs or just brag too much. I useally play without my mic on Xbox live for a much better (and safer :P ) experience.

I say safer because some kids can't talk right for their lives and yell around all the time. Also note that this is not "pg"

rated only because that I have a damn stong opinion for this subject. See you all on Xbox live!

Yeah I know what you mean about people on XBL. I get constantly pounded by Americans for being British and being told to go drink some tea and eat some crumpets when I win.

I found the rank system to work quite fairly. The only thing is when I got my new Gamertag I started to play Halo 2 again and I was Rank 1 when I was Rank 25 before, so I was put against new players and won easily. In fact in my first game I got 40 kills without dying.

At the moment I'm off Live because I can't run a wire into my room, so I need to buy the wireless adapter that costs £50.

Xbox Live is the best. It does get annoying with some people, but the key is finding people who are serious about playing and who enjoy it. They will stick together and eventually you can play hours with the same group of cool people.

I don't use the Mic with racing or madden or something like that, but in group combat (FPS) I love having the mic! It's part of the fun, IMO. Just ask Wii, he loves it when I have my mic on........except when I start singing!

As for the maturity level, I was getting really fustrated with Halo 3, but I have to be honest, I've had a MUCH better experience with CoD4 online. Halo is filled with whinny, annoying little brats, but the CoD people I've played with seem to be of a better variety. Of course, I haven't played CoD as long as Halo yet, but so far the experice has been better online........and the game is much better too!

OK guys, I need your help. I want to change my gamertag. Pre-face: neolego is already locked and I can't get it back. I have never been happy with neoDS, but had to come up with something quick. Ever since I've thought about changing it and never did. Over the weekend I had a bright idea. Change the "l" in neolego to an uppercase I. That looks great on the dashboard (as you can see below), however after playing CoD with a friend, it comes up as neoIego (with the top and bottom of the I showing) in their font. So, now not only does it not look like neolego, but it also sounds dumb. So, I'm thinking of changing it again but I can't decide on what to do, so I thought you guys could help since you see it more than I do :). I would like all those who wanna help out vote on the following choices:

A) Keep neoIego (and just deal with it)

B) neoPetrelli (marriage of my username and Heroes - plus it matches my new gamerpic)

C) neokabuto (marriage of my username and the name of a Helemt worn by a Samurai)

D) neoSniper (marriage of my username and my favorite Class in FPS games)

E) BladeRunnerNeo (marriage of my name and my love of Blade Runner)

G) Drop neo altogether and pick something new

Well, those are the best I have. There is no guarantee they are all available, but these are the ones I like. So, what do you guys think?

Also, on a side note, if I were to change my gamertag is there a way for me to change my Username here on Multiverse without having to start all over again? neo

How about IamNeolego :lol: that would be a great one and most current for a tag name. I'm hoping that once I get online I don't have the same problem.

I don't use the Mic with racing or madden or something like that, but in group combat (FPS) I love having the mic! It's part of the fun, IMO. Just ask Wii, he loves it when I have my mic on........except when I start singing!

Always my good friend, now if microsoft would stop being lazy and fix the connection. Neo, for a gamertag I liked NeoIego

but thought it should be neoLEGO instead of neoIego. Just my two cents.

Are you online link? Let us know your tag! neo

sorry this reply took long(halo and gh are addictting)yes i have a membership :D but i'm saving my $$ to buy the wireless network adapter cause i don't the thiong thing to plug the wire into in my room :(

TBT, I sended you a freind request but got no repely, take your time but

please know that I am ready to rape you in CoD 4.

I've been on a seperate continent from my 360 for a week or so it's not surprising ;)

Next time I boot it up I'll add you :)

T.

TBT, me and neo saw you online for 1 second last night. So you did add me,

now all we have to do is go play some CoD 4!

Yeah I switched on the 360 to check a DVD and was online for a few seconds... Yep you were added...

As the SAS guy says in game... "Let's Do this...." ;)

OR Not :(

I just tried to get some game time in and it keeps crapping out on me, is Live messed up today or just me?

T.

[quote name='NINTENDOwii' post='59305' date='Jan 1 As the SAS guy says in game... "Let's Do this...." ;)

OR Not :(

I just tried to get some game time in and it keeps crapping out on me, is Live messed up today or just me?

T.

The network has been ver shitty for everone including me and neo. Microsoft is claiming

to have "intermittent issues" with the servers and is claiming to be "working on it". Bullshit.

If Microsoft gave a rat's ass about quality then it would've been fixed by now. It's soo poor

that I can bearly go into the games lobby anymore. I will try agian in a few minutes and report

my troubles on the board. See you all on Xbox live! NOT! :P

Sorry for the double post but my xbox live is somewhat still the same as before.

It goes to letting me into a lobby with people and then spits me out like a vegetable :P

All of these issues wanna make me shove a .50 cal bullet in Bill Gates head :P . Oh ,

just now while I was typing it started working agian. I will try to keep you all informed asap.

I went on last night, and got into neo's party fine, but when it took us into a game, it kicked me out, but let him play. I tried to get back into his party but it wouldnt let me. Damn xbox live!

I went on last night, and got into neo's party fine, but when it took us into a game, it kicked me out, but let him play. I tried to get back into his party but it wouldnt let me. Damn xbox live!

What game was it, I remember playing CoD 4 with him last night and

it was working all right for me and him, but it is very bad for me right now/today.

Hope to see you all in a WORKING xbox live in the present future.

Yeah it was CoD 4. Whats your tag Wii? Add me sometime on ShadowSpartan12

I know I'm one of the only ones here still playing Halo but I thought I'd let you all know a couple of days ago I unlocked the samurai sword. Boo-Yah! :D

I only have 110 points left to get to earn that freakin sweet swoard.

Congrats to you nestle