UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Battlestar Galactica Discussion

neolego

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fair episode tonight, but after last week's fast-paced shocker, this one seemed a bit slow and the acting seemed unusually bad. A few strange bits though,

Tigh and one of the Sixes are having a baby and HotDog is the real father of Cally and Tyrol's child? WTF? These bits just seem like unnecessary filler unless they have some greater significance later. I didn't particularly care too much for Roslin and Bill's roles tonight, except that it sets-up the foundation for Zarek's mutiny. Starbuck and Gaeta were about the most interesting thing that happened this episode (and Baltar's brief appearance), besides Tyrol's proposal that the Cylons be granted amnesty and alowed citizenship among the Colonials.

Still, despite a couple of sub-plots introduced, I didn't really 'feel' much with this chapter. Hopefully next week's episode will resume pace and get us closer to some answers without the soap-operatic twists.

As i thought, it really bored me.

I liked the whole Six/Tigh thing (where the hell's the baby?! I don't see it!

;) ) and i was a little "umm...ok-ed" by Bill and Laura in "that one scene." The rest was just a little unBSG to me. Although i always figured that Felix would crack one day.

Next week's looks a little more promising, though.

That

'one scene'

made me throw up a little in my mouth.

It was like walking in on your parents. Or grandparents.

It was

a bit graphic, but they deserve to "get some" too (but put your wig on Laura...yech!). It looks like the vacation will be short though, and Bill will be waist-deep in the $#!+ again from next-week's preview.

Best part of last night?

We just figured out what we really meant when we called it the 'Frak Pack' contest. :huh:

Oh, and Felix is a total turd.

Oh yeah. For a while now.

Best part of last night:

The preview for next week. Seriosuly though; this episode wasn't really appealing to me. Actiony and told a great story, of course, but it just wasn't BSG ...to me that is...Next weeks looks really promising though. Yay!

This week was pretty cool - it's nice to see

Starbuck

back in action again. Also good to have

Baltar back in the mix.

I hope the teaser

about Tigh and Adama getting killed was supposed to be misleading, 'cause they're two of my favorite characters. I would also think that Tigh may have some greater part to play as one of the twelve.

I was figuring that this epidode would have seen

Gaeta

killed... I think, like

Dualla

, we're gonna see some of the

secondary characters

get picked off.

Gaeta was on that list, as was Zarek.

I'm also still waiting to see what the deal is with

Earth being populated by Cylons

and how that gets rationalized or perhaps explains some type of

shared lineage

. I smell some irony cooking for the last couple episodes though.

Knowing that

Ellen Tigh

is the final cylon begs the question...

will we see her again before the end

My weekly BSG fix does serve as a reminder that we got shorted several minimate cylons with the frakkin' cancellation of wave 5, 6 & New Caprica. Gods Dammit!

Starbuck

Baltar back in the mix.

I hope the teaser

about Tigh and Adama getting killed was supposed to be misleading, 'cause they're two of my favorite characters. I would also think that Tigh may have some greater part to play as one of the twelve.

Gaeta

killed... I think, like

Dualla

secondary characters

get picked off.

shared lineage

Knowing that

Ellen Tigh

My weekly BSG fix does serve as a reminder that we got shorted several minimate cylons with the frakkin' cancellation of wave 5, 6 & New Caprica. Gods Dammit!

Yeah, each week just reaffirms how abso-frak'in-lutely crucial those last two waves and the boxset were!

Hell, only 5 out of 13 (and I'm being generous by counting Tigh, Tyrol, and D'Anna, though they really warrant remakes)core Cylons produced?!? I want Racetrack even more now that she's a frak'in traitor(probably the biggest contribution she's made to the show) and HotDog is probably the most prolific pilot shown next to Kara and Lee!

Last night's episode was refreshingly chaotic. It's nice to see

the "old man", Tigh, Starbuck, and Lee (acting a bit more like "Apollo") taking-up arms and kicking ass again! Hell, who needs the Cylons when the last children of humanity are doing such a good-job killing each other off...such a wild rollercoaster ride! And just where are our favorite tin-men? Humanity (if there is such a thing) had better get it's shit together quick. I'm also hoping that we'll get some answers (or at least some flash-backs) to shed some light on what the Hell went down on Earth. Great stuff. Last week's episode was a bit weak, but now it seems like we're gaining a bit of momentum again. And, oh yes, irony abounds in this series; I would expect the finale to be nothing less. Gaeta truly is a turd (and should probably hang), but one thing that this series has taught me is that nothing can be taken at face-value(remember New Caprica?)...there just may be a few more surprises left to redeem those who have fallen from grace.

Edited by cdubya

Starbuck

Baltar back in the mix.

I hope the teaser

Gaeta

killed... I think, like

Dualla

secondary characters

get picked off.

shared lineage

Knowing that

Ellen Tigh

Yeah, each week just reaffirms how abso-frak'in-lutely crucial those last two waves and the boxset were!

Hell, only 5 out of 13 (and I'm being generous by counting Tigh, Tyrol, and D'Anna, though they really warrant remakes)core Cylons produced?!? I want Racetrack even more now that she's a frak'in traitor(probably the biggest contribution she's made to the show) and HotDog is probably the most prolific pilot shown next to Kara and Lee!

the "old man", Tigh, Starbuck, and Lee (acting a bit more like "Apollo") taking-up arms and kicking ass again! Hell, who needs the Cylons when the last children of humanity are doing such a good-job killing each other off...such a wild rollercoaster ride! And just where are our favorite tin-men? Humanity (if there is such a thing) had better get it's shit together quick. I'm also hoping that we'll get some answers (or at least some flash-backs) to shed some light on what the Hell went down on Earth. Great stuff. Last week's episode was a bit weak, but now it seems like we're gaining a bit of momentum again. And, oh yes, irony abounds in this series; I would expect the finale to be nothing less. Gaeta truly is a turd (and should probably hang), but one thing that this series has taught me is that nothing can be taken at face-value(remember New Caprica?)...there just may be a few more surprises left to redeem those who have fallen from grace.

Did you watch the 10-part webisodes w/ Gaeta?

Starbuck

Baltar back in the mix.

I hope the teaser

Gaeta

killed... I think, like

Dualla

secondary characters

get picked off.

shared lineage

Knowing that

Ellen Tigh

Yeah...and he's still a turd. A gay, pimping,

murdering

, backstabbing turd. And for that he should be airlocked.

I'm such a kind person, aren't i?? :blush:

Starbuck

Baltar back in the mix.

I hope the teaser

Gaeta

killed... I think, like

Dualla

secondary characters

get picked off.

shared lineage

Knowing that

Ellen Tigh

Yeah...and he's still a turd. A gay, pimping,

murdering

, backstabbing turd. And for that he should be airlocked.

I'm such a kind person, aren't i?? :blush:

I just thought they completely glossed over that back story when

Gaeta had Hoshi, his gay lover, taken into custody with Adama, Tigh and the rest of the loyal crew members

- and there was no fallout from

Hoshi

when it happened.

I expected

like some kind of arguement, pleading, screaming or slap fight

or something.

I just thought they completely glossed over that back story when

Gaeta had Hoshi, his gay lover, taken into custody with Adama, Tigh and the rest of the loyal crew members

- and there was no fallout from

Hoshi

when it happened.

I expected

like some kind of arguement, pleading, screaming or slap fight

or something.

Perhaps it is part of secret plan

to keep those important people safely locked-up out of harm's way while the colonies violently tear themselves apart? A double-double agent once again. Then again, he may just simply be a spiteful turd!

I suppose we'll just have to see.

I thoroughly enjoyed the latest episode & continue to look forward to the remainder but I just cannot see that the series will be tied up nicely. Despite what you & I have apparently been told I just can't believe that

Ellen Tigh

is the one.

.....& yes he's a turd but who the hell came up with his name in the circumstances :rolleyes: I'm surprised we haven't got a Cylon called Na' Stee :no:

I thoroughly enjoyed the latest episode & continue to look forward to the remainder but I just cannot see that the series will be tied up nicely. Despite what you & I have apparently been told I just can't believe that

Ellen Tigh

is the one.

.....& yes he's a turd but who the hell came up with his name in the circumstances :rolleyes: I'm surprised we haven't got a Cylon called Na' Stee :no:

I agree. Ron Moore has been quoted before saying that he was a big fan of the Sopranos, and I could easily see him doing the same by ending this series with a big ? (non-ending).

Speaking of Lt. "Stumpkins"...act quickly and you could be the proud owner of this:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Battlestar-Galactica-G...180324939106QQc

Lt. Gay-turd Stumpkins amputee with crutch, prosthetic-leg, and butter-tin are now definitely on my "to-do" customs-list! B)

By this path of logic, I suspect Lt. Dualla was really a transvestite (though she probably should have had corresponding "Dee"-cup cleavage)! :P

Edited by cdubya

Great episode this week - as promised,

we did see a real reconing

I imagine

Anders will be saved by Cottle

to preserve all of the

Cylons

Interesting preview for next week - I guess

Ellen Tigh is coming back to finish this thing out

No surprise that

Zarek and Gaeta didn't make it to the end

- Once they

blew out Dee

, I figured the

field would get a lot narrower

One thing though - at the end when

Tyrol is reflecting on the close call with the FTL

, he looks

at marks on the wall

- I can't figure out what those were...

damage/stress that suggest that the Galactica would have exploded if it jumped or got into a fight????

Any thoughts?

By the way - finally got to see something of the

FTL and engine room

That was a great episode!

I'm not sure what those markings were in the engine room, hopefully next week will provide some answers. It will be interesting to see how the mutineers will be dealt with now that Bill has regained control again. We know that Zarek and Gaeta got their just-deserts for ram-rodding the revolt, but what will become of all of the others who participated? Perhaps Anders will be 'down-loaded' ala Ellen Tigh in next week's episode. I'm ready to see what the other Cylons have been up to during all of this.

This show just gets better as we inch closer to the finale (I just realized that we're nearly at the half-way mark and I'm getting a bit sad. Some good-news about 'mates would help!).

Wow...I just finished eatching it a few minutes ago, and i am speechless. Moorecertainly knows how t odraw an audience with that work of of art of his. That was a phenomonal episode, and i was on the edge of my seat every minute of it. Especially with

that new Six of his. It's like the hotter yet more "earthly" Natalie. Sweet.

Next weeks looks INCREDIBLE, especially since it features one of my favorite characters and

her epic revival!! So this means that the five can download...i wonder if the Sig. Seven knew that...or at least D'anna. I'm sure Ellen has some key words to mention to her beloved Cylon husband, though. This;ll be quite an episode, i'll tell ya that.

I've been thinking about this being the halfway mark too, and it really is saddening. It's worse because the series finale is a three-parter, so that cuts down on seperate plotlines quite a bit. Shame; this'll be one of most-missed shows on television, in my opinion.

I don't think next week means that can necessarily still download into new bodies. If you think about it, download would have happened during the New Caprica time period. If it did, you can't tell me no one knew who one of the final five was. Next week will be very interesting to see how they explain it all.

And, as always, it's good to see a commercial for Kentucky Frakkin' Chicken. It just wouldn't be the same without it.

I did a whole post in here without having to use the spoiler tool. It feels weird.

Edited by groundhog7s