UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Battlestar Galactica Discussion

neolego

I did keep well away from this particular thread until I was up to speed on any contemporary episode. The BSG Discussion is frakkin obviously for the discussion of BSG & I wouldn't expect anyone not to... with or without spoilers. The trouble is that some bright spark will sooner or later post outside of this thread which will piss me right off .....that again is entirely up to the individual. I perhaps should have been more explicite with my request which was merely that ....a polite request.

Relax, we're all friends here and I respect your request. BTW, what are you doing in here hmmmm? Just casually passing-by, yes? You know that we're probably talking about last night's episode! Is somebody trying to cheat (naughty, naughty)? Fortunately for you I've conveniently blacked-out my post, but go ahead (no-one's looking) give it a little "clicky"...you know you wanna! All will be revealed. ;)

BWa-Ha-Haaaa (this is fun!) :lol:

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I did keep well away from this particular thread until I was up to speed on any contemporary episode. The BSG Discussion is frakkin obviously for the discussion of BSG & I wouldn't expect anyone not to... with or without spoilers. The trouble is that some bright spark will sooner or later post outside of this thread which will piss me right off .....that again is entirely up to the individual. I perhaps should have been more explicite with my request which was merely that ....a polite request.

Relax, we're all friends here and I respect your request. BTW, what are you doing in here hmmmm? Just casually passing-by, yes? You know that we're probably talking about last night's episode! Is somebody trying to cheat (naughty, naughty)? Fortunately for you I've conveniently blacked-out my post, but go ahead (no-one's looking) give it a little "clicky"...you know you wanna! All will be revealed. ;)

When I receive my NYCC 6" Exclusive Stealth Cylon ......I'll pose it next to my SDCC Valley of Darkness Cylon & I'll post a picture for you . That'll be as much fun :tongue:

Edited by buttheadsmate

When I receive my NYCC 6" Exclusive Stealth Cylon ......I'll pose it next to my SDCC Valley of Darkness Cylon & I'll post a picture for you . That'll be as much fun :tongue:

Wow, now that's "hitting-below-the-belt". I've suddenly got a good-mind to remove all spoiler-bars for this gesture of generosity! :yes:

So Baltar always knew since season one. I was right after all on who the last Cylon was. -does a little dance-

What the Hell is the point of a "discussion thread" if we are not allowed to discuss what's been seen? This is frak'n stupid. I move that all who are so concerned with having plots spoiled simply use a bit of self restraint and stay away from potential spoiler threads. Problem solved. The frak'n title alone should be a tip-off to the overly-cautious! Anyway, I'll attempt to play nice until logic prevails....

Wasn't that just a mind-frak of an episode?! So everyone on Earth was of Cylon decent (how 'bout that bitch'n Guardian head that was dug-up...very cool.)? What the Hell is Starbuck anyway? Why, Dee, why? I too, guessed who the fifth Cylon was and am now even more pissed about the cancellation of the New Caprica box set...salt-in-the-wound. Though it does seem weird that all of the Cylons seemed to be "hooking-up" with a Human (if even subconsciously), why would Ellen have been paired with Tigh then (if they're both Cylons)? Could there be yet another plot-twist occurring? Dee's bizarre suicide does seem suspicious...hmmm. Perhaps we really don't know just yet who the fifth and final Cylon is? There are 9 more episodes to go. This is a part of what I love so much about this series, even when they shove the answer in your face, there are so many grey areas that you're still left thinking "No, is that right? Is this just another red-herring?" LOL Best-Science Fiction-Series-Ever!!! Whew, I just finished watching the new episode a few hours ago and I'm still amped! So much to discuss, sooo many questions, but I'll refrain for now and just say "WOW!" I can't wait until next Friday; it's almost as frustrating as the long wait for this episode, even though it's only one week. AAaaaaargghh!!

There! I feel so dirty keeping secrets *tee-hee*

That was a great episode (start long and lingering black box)

- I too am confused about Starbuck - I thought she'd be the final cylon, especially since she died in the crash and was resurrected. I'm a little surprised by Ellen as the final - but I'm sure that was the point. I thought it might be Dee

I think we're gonna see the field get cleared pretty quickly from here on out - Dee is out. I'm not sure if we've heard the last of Three/D'Anna, but if we have, then that's another out. It certainly seems that Zarek may get a little lead poisoning or something next week - I wouldn't rule out a a few more people getting blown out and putting more focus on the main characters.

I wonder if the Razor cylons are somehow related the 13th colony and that's why they knew Starbuck was the harbinger of death.

(End irritating Black Box) - Lots to look forward to. Let's hope DST has been holding their breath on the last wave of mates becasue either (A) Something changed (secret ending) and they are re-packaging to address changes to the plotline or (B) A scaled back version is going to be proposed, but the assortment may have leaked some important plot info. Let's cross our fingures.

I personally don't believe

that Ellen is the final Cylon for two main reasons.

1. Why would they reveal the final cylon this early? There would seem to be a loss of one of the ineresting aspects of the show if all the cylons are known the rest of the way through.

2. In one of the episodes in season 4.0 where Tigh is interigating Caprica six, He sees her as ellen quite a few times. To me, Ellen's face fit quite well in place of Caprica's, making me think even then that she might be a elder six.

Just a thought that occured to me. Though others will most likely disagree with me on this.

OK, we caught up with things today and watched the 1st episode of the season and this was my wife's theory

Is it possible that the final Cylon is everyone in the fleet? That they are basically Cylon's and don't even know it? This is possible why Dee killed herself and I will miss her

:confused: Anyway, things are off to a nice start with this season.

So Baltar always knew since season one. I was right after all on who the last Cylon was. -does a little dance-

What the Hell is the point of a "discussion thread" if we are not allowed to discuss what's been seen? This is frak'n stupid. I move that all who are so concerned with having plots spoiled simply use a bit of self restraint and stay away from potential spoiler threads. Problem solved. The frak'n title alone should be a tip-off to the overly-cautious! Anyway, I'll attempt to play nice until logic prevails....

Wasn't that just a mind-frak of an episode?! So everyone on Earth was of Cylon decent (how 'bout that bitch'n Guardian head that was dug-up...very cool.)? What the Hell is Starbuck anyway? Why, Dee, why? I too, guessed who the fifth Cylon was and am now even more pissed about the cancellation of the New Caprica box set...salt-in-the-wound. Though it does seem weird that all of the Cylons seemed to be "hooking-up" with a Human (if even subconsciously), why would Ellen have been paired with Tigh then (if they're both Cylons)? Could there be yet another plot-twist occurring? Dee's bizarre suicide does seem suspicious...hmmm. Perhaps we really don't know just yet who the fifth and final Cylon is? There are 9 more episodes to go. This is a part of what I love so much about this series, even when they shove the answer in your face, there are so many grey areas that you're still left thinking "No, is that right? Is this just another red-herring?" LOL Best-Science Fiction-Series-Ever!!! Whew, I just finished watching the new episode a few hours ago and I'm still amped! So much to discuss, sooo many questions, but I'll refrain for now and just say "WOW!" I can't wait until next Friday; it's almost as frustrating as the long wait for this episode, even though it's only one week. AAaaaaargghh!!

There! I feel so dirty keeping secrets *tee-hee*

That was a great episode (start long and lingering black box)

- I too am confused about Starbuck - I thought she'd be the final cylon, especially since she died in the crash and was resurrected. I'm a little surprised by Ellen as the final - but I'm sure that was the point. I thought it might be Dee

I think we're gonna see the field get cleared pretty quickly from here on out - Dee is out. I'm not sure if we've heard the last of Three/D'Anna, but if we have, then that's another out. It certainly seems that Zarek may get a little lead poisoning or something next week - I wouldn't rule out a a few more people getting blown out and putting more focus on the main characters.

I wonder if the Razor cylons are somehow related the 13th colony and that's why they knew Starbuck was the harbinger of death.

(End irritating Black Box) - Lots to look forward to. Let's hope DST has been holding their breath on the last wave of mates becasue either (A) Something changed (secret ending) and they are re-packaging to address changes to the plotline or (B) A scaled back version is going to be proposed, but the assortment may have leaked some important plot info. Let's cross our fingures.

Well, it was a "Guardian head" (Razor Cylons) that was dug-up with all of the Cylon bones on Earth (2000 years old?). Starbuck is a complete mystery. Remember how Leoben (who had been fawning for Starbuck prior) got all freaked-out and backed-away from her saying that he was all wrong about her at the Viper wreakage? She's the "harbinger of death", but what the Hell is that?!? Human, Cylon, something else? This is probably more interesting to me than the fifth Cylon question. I wonder if they'll ever elaborate on how the final-four were integrated into the present time-line? This is getting into some mind-blowing Terminator time-loop type stuff now!

That's what I've been hoping. I guess we'll just have to stay vigilant and hope the Q&As (if not some other source) have some good news for us. It truly would be tragic to lose this line at this particular stage. Though I sincerely believe that there are many who have not been following this series that will get "turned-on" once it's all been released on DVD. This show is just too good and too infectious not to grow into a sci-fi classic with an enormous cult-following (of course it depends on how they end this, whether fan-fiction and such can carry-on the torch). Besides, there's always the up-coming "Caprica" series to allow another media-shot for these "limbo-mates"! :thumbsup:

Edited by cdubya

I personally don't believe

that Ellen is the final Cylon for two main reasons.

1. Why would they reveal the final cylon this early? There would seem to be a loss of one of the ineresting aspects of the show if all the cylons are known the rest of the way through.

2. In one of the episodes in season 4.0 where Tigh is interigating Caprica six, He sees her as ellen quite a few times. To me, Ellen's face fit quite well in place of Caprica's, making me think even then that she might be a elder six.

Just a thought that occured to me. Though others will most likely disagree with me on this.

It does seem a bit suspicious doesn't it? Especially this early-on.

You know, I had the same thoughts at one time about Ellen before she was killed-off. Remember Bill's remarks about knowing Tigh for 33(?) years and never knowing of a Cylon to age and lose their hair? While this is not my #1 theory, it does raise some interesting questions...hmmm!

BTW, prior to watching last night's episode, my list of suspects for the fifth were: 1. Ellen, 2. Gaeta, 3. Dee, and 4. Cally. Does anyone else get a really weird vibe about Gaeta after the past few episodes? They seem to keep showing his reflection in mirrors (behind characters) throughout different episodes, and just before Dee flipped-out they did the same. What's-up with that?!? Plus his prosthetic-leg looks strikingly similar to our favorite "pets".

Edited by cdubya

OK, we caught up with things today and watched the 1st episode of the season and this was my wife's theory

Is it possible that the final Cylon is everyone in the fleet? That they are basically Cylon's and don't even know it? This is possible why Dee killed herself and I will miss her

:confused: Anyway, things are off to a nice start with this season.

Hmmm...that's an interesting thought! Like Humanity is simply the product of years of evolution from Cylons (making their bones different, etc. like when they were scanning for life on Earth). Machine to Hybrids to Skin-jobs to Humans (to Machines?!? Cybernetics maybe? Like a replaced lost leg or eye?). Well, one thing's for sure, "All of this has happened before and will happen again". And was that, indeed, Earth (our Earth)...are we frak'n Cylons?!? Freaky!

Edited by cdubya

Well I'm very grateful for the spoilers. Thankyou.

I'm also grateful to frakkin' Google who seem to have actually gone out of there way to f**k up my day by plastering the Final Cylon's identity to every BSG link there is ........I am so naive .

That's a bit confusing, BhM. Are you sincerely thanking us and sarcastically thanking Google? Or, are you sarcastically thanking us all for f'ing-up your day? I think we've been (here at least) extremely accommodating and stealthy with our posting...nothing has been exposed here. :confused:

At any rate, here's hoping (sincerely) that you get a chance to watch this episode soon and can join the party! I've enjoyed watching you champion these beloved 'mates and consider you an ally in interests.

Well, i DVRed the smarathon on Friday and finished this morning. Gotta say, i was right about some stuff and TOTALLY shocked by others:

First off, after doing some reading and watching (and that was A LOT of watching, i came to suspect either the Final to be (in order): Ellen, Dee, Felix, ALL of Humanity, or Cally. I'm blown away by Dee's killing herself, and i feel that my thoughts on Ellen were correct. Don't eat me up; i'm like Starbuck here. Just a feeling. Hell, i'd bet she was never actually dead. And, while speaking of Starbuck, i actually thought she'dbe the Fifth when i saw her body. and that pissed me off. That would have been the most Freshman move a show could make, and BSG is no TV freshman. I did like the whole "13th is all Cylon" thing. It was a neat twist, and i kinda thought that's what they'd say right before they actually did. Although i don't agree with you all on them being Razor Cylons. For one thing, D'anna mentioned NEVER knowing of this model, which i can't imagine them not knowing of the Razor models. I think these might be something similar to the original series models, and they might have even been human Cylons in suits. Again, just a thought/feeling. Not real happy that D'anna is staying behind either. After Natalie, she was my favorite model. Now that Natalie is dead, she IS my favorite. And now she'll end up being a "was" my favorite. And, just to top it off, i am not really excited for next week because it focuses on my least favorite character; Zarek. Just don't like 'im. and now i'm done.

Well I'm very grateful for the spoilers. Thankyou.

I'm also grateful to frakkin' Google who seem to have actually gone out of there way to f**k up my day by plastering the Final Cylon's identity to every BSG link there is ........I am so naive .

That's a bit confusing, BhM. Are you sincerely thanking us and sarcastically thanking Google? Or, are you sarcastically thanking us all for f'ing-up your day? I think we've been (here at least) extremely accommodating and stealthy with our posting...nothing has been exposed here. :confused:

At any rate, here's hoping (sincerely) that you get a chance to watch this episode soon and can join the party! I've enjoyed watching you champion these beloved 'mates and consider you an ally in interests.

I'm sincerely thanking you. F*ck google.

edit:....& I still haven't deciphered the spoilers....yet :confused:

Edited by buttheadsmate

Well, i DVRed the smarathon on Friday and finished this morning. Gotta say, i was right about some stuff and TOTALLY shocked by others:

First off, after doing some reading and watching (and that was A LOT of watching, i came to suspect either the Final to be (in order): Ellen, Dee, Felix, ALL of Humanity, or Cally. I'm blown away by Dee's killing herself, and i feel that my thoughts on Ellen were correct. Don't eat me up; i'm like Starbuck here. Just a feeling. Hell, i'd bet she was never actually dead. And, while speaking of Starbuck, i actually thought she'dbe the Fifth when i saw her body. and that pissed me off. That would have been the most Freshman move a show could make, and BSG is no TV freshman. I did like the whole "13th is all Cylon" thing. It was a neat twist, and i kinda thought that's what they'd say right before they actually did. Although i don't agree with you all on them being Razor Cylons. For one thing, D'anna mentioned NEVER knowing of this model, which i can't imagine them not knowing of the Razor models. I think these might be something similar to the original series models, and they might have even been human Cylons in suits. Again, just a thought/feeling. Not real happy that D'anna is staying behind either. After Natalie, she was my favorite model. Now that Natalie is dead, she IS my favorite. And now she'll end up being a "was" my favorite. And, just to top it off, i am not really excited for next week because it focuses on my least favorite character; Zarek. Just don't like 'im. and now i'm done.

But didn't Boomer explain the Razor Cylons, that they were the Guardians of the Hybrid that had splintered-off during some conflict and never heard from again? It doesn't necessarily mean that they had ever seen one. I'm simply referring to the head found on Earth as a Guardian (Razor Cylon) due to the fact that it resembles their rounded-visors. Besides, there are many things that the Skin-jobs are unaware of. Hell, they're following ancient prophesies just as blindly as Humanity and have been wrong about themselves on numerous occasions.

I'm not a huge fan of Zarek either (though I think it's really cool that he's played by the original Apollo!), but I think the shit's really gonna hit the fan next week! It looks to be a blood-bath.

BSG is the one show on TV, where i feel that anything really could happen to any character at any moment.

Dualla's death was definetely one of those Holy Shit! moments. There i was thinking that She and Lee were gonna get back together and BLAM.

Everytime i think i've got it figured out, Good ol' Ron throws us another curve ball. Gonna really miss this show.

BSG is the one show on TV, where i feel that anything really could happen to any character at any moment.

Dualla's death was definetely one of those Holy Shit! moments. There i was thinking that She and Lee were gonna get back together and BLAM.

Everytime i think i've got it figured out, Good ol' Ron throws us another curve ball. Gonna really miss this show.

My thoughts exactly. when it happened, i was on the edge of my seat, paused it, and my jaw just hung there. My brother laughed his a$$ off at how ridiculous i looked, but he wouldn't get it; he's no BSG fan. I was pissed as hell, but they really played that out nicely and i'm sure they got the reactions they wanted. A lot of us probably saw that coming, but none o us saw THAT specifically coming.

And notice how i use NO spoilers there. I wasn't specific about anything in his spoiler either. Just so i don't get murdered for it. ;)

First of all HTF did you know that yesterday when I watched it 45 minutes ago ????

Who asked for these bloody spoilers?? Mrs.Tigh for me is a red herring. Gaeta is your man .....but actually I haven't a clue.

I actually didn't realise how really pissed off I was about the 'Demise' until tonight.

After watching all of the series on DVD (always just enough behind to not catch it on SciFi), finishing season 4.0 this weekend and watching Friday's episode last night, I am all caught up and am really shocked at how the last episode played out.

I have to say the weirdest thing about watching the last episode was seeing commercials for the first time since I've only seen it on DVD. This leads me to believe the final Cylon is really

Col. Sanders. Those KFC commercials for their 'Frak Pak' contest were really disturbing.

Edited by groundhog7s

Those KFC ads were disturbing, especially after a certain 'explosive' moment. Apparently, Canada suffered an amazingly inappropriate commercial:

Those KFC ads were disturbing, especially after a certain 'explosive' moment. Apparently, Canada suffered an amazingly inappropriate commercial:

That was horrible. So horrible I laughed out loud and just had to show my wife. I'll think of that whenever I see her. I've already started wondering if the 'bloody' hand-printed Cylon isn't really smeared with BBQ wing sauce from KFC.

Finger lickin' good!

To take away from the nasty evilness of Fried Chicken for the moment, we have semi-breaking news. In an announcement made yesterday on the Battlestar Wiki (the big, "official" maroon one), the scorewriters had a long article about the music made for the new episode. they said that it was the darkest, most grotesque score they had to write, and that even the actors had to go all out. This was because the episode was edited to what we saw hours before the Writer's Strike in April; it may actually had turned into the FINAL BSG episode (now we know that isn't true).

How is this breaking news?? Well, the writers for the music revealed backgrounds behind each scene of that episode, and also revealed, or rather confirmed, that

ELLEN IS THE 5TH!! That's right; even they were suprised, because they thought that Moore and Co. would wait until the last five episodes to reveal the 5th's identity. However, news of Ellen after they saw the episode made for themselves came rigth from the writers and directors/producers. So, for all you nay-sayers, she really is Number 5/12. I'm excited, because i loved the idea of her as a Cylon from the start. I thought it was her, too.

;)

EDIT: I have just found some interesting confimations made by Ron Moore VERY recently. If you want to know, i'll post them. I am reluctant to, however, becaue some contain BIG spoilers for the episodes to come. If you want them, just post or PM me :)

Edited by Twisted Two-Face