UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Battlestar Galactica Discussion

neolego

I haven't seen anything on here about this yet

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Caprica_(TV_series)

New BSG spin-off series, coming to the UK before USA. It seems decent. Unfortunately I don't have Sky, so I'll be relying on the internet to watch it next month.

Edited by Dan

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

So I finished Season 4 about a week ago now. Wow. So much happened in such a tiny series.

I wanted to know which you guys thought has been the best season so far. I have to say I prefered Season One and Two over Three and Four. I liked the idea of them running for their lifes, and hitting the Cylons when they could/if they needed to. I didn't like the way the Cylons were humanised in Season 3, it was much harder to hate them then.

Overall Season 2 is my favourite. Of course I love it all and can't wait for the big finale.

I am genuinely loathe to criticise this fantastic series in any way at all but if pushed I would say that their time on New Caprica was the low ebb. I also am quite amused how little we saw of Cylons ,excluding 'Skin-jobs', in the whole series.

Their presence was always implied rather than 'in your face'. My favourite sci-fi show ever.

I enjoy all seasons the same. Best Sci-Fi show ever. The one thing about BSG that has always bugged me is how in the miniseries, the Colonial One captain played a pretty important role, with quite a bit of screen time as well. Then nothing. Where did he go?

http://en.battlestarwiki.org/wiki/Colonial_One_captain

Guess we will never get a minimate of him either. :P

I was actually thinking the same Pickle just a few days ago. What happened to the rest of Anders' pyramid team too? Did they all die between Starbuck leaving Caprica and rescuing them later? Any other missing characters?

Yeah BHM, that would be Sue-Shaun.

Boxey is another character that kinda vanished. He did star in the novel Sagittarius Is Bleeding. I thought the whole Armistice Officer from the miniseries being Boxey's father would have an episode to help that side story go into detail, but I guess that was never going to happen when they started deleting all the scenes with Boxey for season one. BSG is better off without Boxey.

I watched BSG 'from nothing' in a very short time ,mere weeks & then rewound various... periods. There are lots of ???? moments in BSG . Funniest thing for me was seeing characters that I have as Minimates emerge as 'real' people. I'd be sitting there watching & thinking "Oh Yeah Doc.Cottle " & "Pres. Baltar!!!" . I had never been a great lover of BSG 'Mates until I watched the entirity on DVD but I can assure you that things have changed!

At SDCC I walked past this girl ,as you do,only to realise a few weeks later it was Starbuck .....I hadn't a clue who she was at the time. I expect she's still talking about me...... ;)

• 2 weeks later...

So with my xbox gone I was incredibly bored today so I decided to rewatch the mini-series, for about the 5th time. I noticed that when the old CAG is addressing the pilots before the decommissioning ceremony, he says that as Lt Thrace is in the brig (for punching Tigh), Lt Anders would take her place. It made me wonder if this was before they made the character of Anders, or if it was a very early clue, and there actually was another Anders who was a pilot onboard Galactica. this could work, as most of the pilots that knew him (and most likely he himself) would have been killed in the first contact with the Cylons.

Most likely they just used the name, and it had no bearing toward Anders, but it was still interesting.

• 2 weeks later...
My wife ask me the other day when is BSG back on the air, does anyone know?

Friday January 16 2009. There will be a re-cap 30 minute special the previous week.

Is this date for UK aswell? Sky One? Virgin finally got it back! Woo!

In other news, Caprica has been moved back to 2010 (BOO!) when it was originally scheduled for this November. It will be a 2hr Pilot and 18 hour-long episodes. I'm quite looking forward to it myself.

• 4 weeks later...

The latest build-up webisodes for the last season of BSG are now showing:

I believe if you're in the US you can watch the BSG Webisodes directly from the Scifi Channel Website http://www.scifi.com/rewind/?sid=870861&eid=873302 .

If you're elsewhere (UK) you can watch them on YouTube http://www.youtube.com/results?search_quer..._type=&aq=f

They are official & available so I hardly think Spoilers will be necessary in any comments but I'll hold off until I get word from the Oracle &/or the 12th Cylon otherwise known as

Rad

:ohmy: Who would have known?

• 2 weeks later...
The final episodes of BSG will start airing as from this Friday on US TV . I politely ask members to please refrain from discussing details without careful spoilers . Thankyou.

*cue menacing evil laugh....*

Bwhahahahaaaaaa... I promise not to post it in the BSG threads... maybe the ebay threads or Dr who somewhere you'd least expect it ;)

T.

So Baltar always knew since season one. I was right after all on who the last Cylon was. -does a little dance-

What the Hell is the point of a "discussion thread" if we are not allowed to discuss what's been seen? This is frak'n stupid. I move that all who are so concerned with having plots spoiled simply use a bit of self restraint and stay away from potential spoiler threads. Problem solved. The frak'n title alone should be a tip-off to the overly-cautious! Anyway, I'll attempt to play nice until logic prevails....

Wasn't that just a mind-frak of an episode?! So everyone on Earth was of Cylon decent (how 'bout that bitch'n Guardian head that was dug-up...very cool.)? What the Hell is Starbuck anyway? Why, Dee, why? I too, guessed who the fifth Cylon was and am now even more pissed about the cancellation of the New Caprica box set...salt-in-the-wound. Though it does seem weird that all of the Cylons seemed to be "hooking-up" with a Human (if even subconsciously), why would Ellen have been paired with Tigh then (if they're both Cylons)? Could there be yet another plot-twist occurring? Dee's bizarre suicide does seem suspicious...hmmm. Perhaps we really don't know just yet who the fifth and final Cylon is? There are 9 more episodes to go. This is a part of what I love so much about this series, even when they shove the answer in your face, there are so many grey areas that you're still left thinking "No, is that right? Is this just another red-herring?" LOL Best-Science Fiction-Series-Ever!!! Whew, I just finished watching the new episode a few hours ago and I'm still amped! So much to discuss, sooo many questions, but I'll refrain for now and just say "WOW!" I can't wait until next Friday; it's almost as frustrating as the long wait for this episode, even though it's only one week. AAaaaaargghh!!

There! I feel so dirty keeping secrets *tee-hee*

Edited by cdubya

What the Hell is the point of a "discussion thread" if we are not allowed to discuss what's been seen? This is frak'n stupid. I move that all who are so concerned with having plots spoiled simply use a bit of self restraint and stay away from potential spoiler threads. Problem solved. The frak'n title alone should be a tip-off to the overly-cautious! Anyway, I'll attempt to play nice until logic prevails....

I could not agree more. I know if I miss an episode, I sure as hell stay away from this thread.

I did keep well away from this particular thread until I was up to speed on any contemporary episode. The BSG Discussion is frakkin obviously for the discussion of BSG & I wouldn't expect anyone not to... with or without spoilers. The trouble is that some bright spark will sooner or later post outside of this thread which will piss me right off .....that again is entirely up to the individual. I perhaps should have been more explicite with my request which was merely that ....a polite request.

Edited by buttheadsmate