UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Classic Spider-Man Box Set Next Week!

Amazing.JL

I have confirmation that the Classic Spider-Man Box Set will be released next week. 7/5/2007

(This isn't a give your hopes up thread, these are really coming out. :P j/k don't take it personal)

I'm wondering if the Target Spidey Packs were being held back until the Previews Box set was released.

I'm also a bit shocked no west coaster has reported on these because they get them a week earlier. Could this be a first in which Marvel minimates get released on the same day nationwide? We'll see.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

uhhhhh in the set are hydro-man and mele blk spidey and torment spidey and power house venom and power house sandman

and i would guess they would be at almost any online minimate-selling website and maybe at your lcs

How long do 'Mates take to reach UK generally? I really want this boxed set.

If any UKers see this could they drop me a PM saying where, and how much. Thanks in advance.

oh snap!!! my comic guy just gave me the good news and i headed for my compy to share my excitement (and happy dancing) with you guys.... and low and behold the buzz is already in full effect :D woot for new marvel mates

i just got my wave 2 black spiderman... now im even more excited for that melee black spidey!!

This is awsome news :biggrin:

Since you guys are talking about target mates I overheard two managers talking yesterday that they need to get the toy isles reset because they were having a whole bunch of new toys coming in three weeks, I hope the mates will be on it.

How long do 'Mates take to reach UK generally? I really want this boxed set.

If any UKers see this could they drop me a PM saying where, and how much. Thanks in advance.

One for me too, please! I really can't do without these 'Mates.

Patriot

Hydro-man is a similar villain to Sandman, only he controls water. His real name is Morrie Bench and he got his powers in the usual highly unlikely way of falling into the water with some sort of experimental device. He was a character on the 90s Spider-Man cartoon, though his origins and character history differ.

Hydro-Man (wikipedia)

Hydro-Man (marvel directory)

Hydro-Man (marvel)

THIS IS SUMMER , I AM NOT SUPPOSED TO "LEARN" ANYTHING !!!!

dose anyone have the boxset or the target wave wet? there is a fat chance that i will go to target this week and

try to find them

Yeah it does look good. Why is it called Torment Spider-man though?

Also when does the Spider-man Target wave come out? And can someone remind me whats in it, with pictures if they have been released.

Because DST likes to TORMENT us with not telling or moving shipping dates around ;)

ok so really it's named after a storyline and is supposed to look like the ToddMcfarlane version of spiderman

( I got the above from heresay on MMMV so feel free to correct me if I'm wrong)

T.

Also when does the Spider-man Target wave come out? And can someone remind me whats in it, with pictures if they have been released.

It's based on Todd McFarlane's work from the "Torment" story arc. Therefore, "torment" Spider-Man. I'd like to add that I believe that is the first artist specific minimate we've seen. Tat sounds to me like an excuse for a Jim Lee Cyclops! (eh, eh?)

Edit: Sorry TBT, typed too long...

Torment Spidey is based on the Spiderman Costume used in the book:

Spider-Man: Torment! by Todd McFarlane

A classic, yet unique take on the spidey costume.

Cheers.

ha ha.. too slow to the punch... anyway.. there's your answer 3 times. :)

I'd like to add that I believe that is the first artist specific minimate we've seen. Tat sounds to me like an excuse for a Jim Lee Cyclops! (eh, eh?)

Edit: Sorry TBT, typed too long...

Actually I'd say that the Dark Phoenix/Cyke 2 pack were the first artist specific minimates, also some of the AXM wave are very artist specific looking esp Collosus.

T.

Thanks for clearing that up drgnrbrn316. Now I remember him from the cartoon. He was the one obsessed with Mary-Jane who made a water clone of her. Too bad that missing MJ storyline was never resolved. :(

I pretty much recognized the others though. I have those comics and that SM looks like the McFarlane version in those first issues he drew. Odd the name of the set then seeing as only Sandman appears to be a Classic style character.

Man you guys were fast. Thanks to all three of you. I still don't have a classic Spider-man, just BD and half-masked so I'm looking forward to getting this one. Still, it annoys me that we get yet another Spider-man variant before new, more wanted characters. But I guess it would be stupid to have a Spider-man boxed set and not include a Spider-man. I would have prefered if they had brought out Scarlet Spider-man instead, but Torment is still good.

Any word on the Target wave yet?

Odd the name of the set then seeing as only Sandman appears to be a Classic style character.

I thought the same! I can't think of what else they would call it though. Don't really see the point of putting another Sandman in there as we already have a comic Sandman and are getting two Sandmen (Sandmans?) in the Spider-man 3 waves.

I'm sure some of you are thinking, "but you can say the same about Venom", but the movie look is completely different to this mate and so is valid in my eyes. I wish they would but in Electro or Vulture or Hobgoblin before yet another Sandman. Dispite all that, I'm still really looking forward to getting this boxed set.