UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Classic Spider-Man Box Set Next Week!

Amazing.JL

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice! i'm salivating already!! McFarlane is my favorite spider-man artist and I absolutely love that Torment Spider-man...brings memories of the good old days...

I want this boxed set now!!!! Why does UK have to be so slow at getting minimates in?

Heres my review:

Package: the package is very colorful, and reminds me of the 90's spider man cartoon

Sandman: This figure is nothing like the prototype and package shots. He features a powerhouse chestpeice, and his hands and wrists are golden translucent. His legs are not a solid color, instead their speckled to look like sand. His shins and feet are translucent like his hands. His head is a separate sculpted piece like the jj Jameson's. Underneath is a hidden surprise! his face is translucent like his hands and feet. He comes with two "sand blasts" that are repaints of johnny storms fire blasts. Overall this is probably the best figure in the bunch. 10/10

Hydroman: This figure is exceptionally well also. He looks like the prototype shots, but has a little bit more chest detailing. His arms are see through blue. He comes with two "water blasts" that are re uses of ryus hadokens. 10/10

Buff Venom: Nothing really stands out on this one. Its the regular venom with the power house chest peice and an ugly head. 4/10

Torment Spidey: Another exceptional figure. Hes got a lot of detail, and definitely is not another stupid spiderman reissue. 10/10

Mele Symbiote Spiderman: Its an ok figure overall. Battle damaged black spider man would be a bettwer name because thats what it basically is. I do love the face though, you can see peter parkers face and hair. Since dst couldnt reissue the regulay black spidey, they gave us a bd one. I have a custom black spiderman so im not one to complain. 8/10

Why couldn't they reissue the original black Spidey?

There was me thinking you paid attention to stuff around here.... It's been said a million times... But I'll say it once more for those with short attention spans...

DST HAVE SAID THAT THEY WILL NEVER RE-RELEASE THE VARIANTS....

:angry: THE BLACK SPIDEY AS PER WAVE 2 IS HISTORY FOLKS DEAL WITH IT!!!! :angry:

There is a very long and pointless thread if you want to have that discussion please do so there. ;)

T.

You'll forgive me. Since Marvel has been sucking it up I don't spend as much time around here as I once did.

Plus that sucks ass that DST won't re-release stuff that there is obviously a market for. One more reason why I hold a grudge against them concerning Marvel mates.

You'll forgive me. Since Marvel has been sucking it up I don't spend as much time around here as I once did.

Plus that sucks ass that DST won't re-release stuff that there is obviously a market for. One more reason why I hold a grudge against them concerning Marvel mates.

Forgiven... ;)

Hey M.M. it's not personnal I'm just sick of hearing the same petulant thing over and over again.

Anyone desperate for a "comic book" black spidey has 2 options

1) Go to ebay and buy one there,

2) If you cant afford that then get a venom from series 2, an ult spidey from series 7 and a black sharpie... colour in the head of the ult spidey until there are just white eye's left... put it in the venom.... ta da cheap black spidey!!!!

T.

Forgiven... ;)

Hey M.M. it's not personnal I'm just sick of hearing the same petulant thing over and over again.

Anyone desperate for a "comic book" black spidey has 2 options

1) Go to ebay and buy one there,

2) If you cant afford that then get a venom from series 2, an ult spidey from series 7 and a black sharpie... colour in the head of the ult spidey until there are just white eye's left... put it in the venom.... ta da cheap black spidey!!!!

T.

hey! thats what i did! :biggrin:

oh and is there any waqy that we can like not talk about dst not re-releasing black spidey! :angry:

Anyone have problems with the arms on theirs?

My Hydro-Man's arm is broken.

The joint at the shoulder is not attached.

Also, all the other shoulders won't move.

Did I get a defective set?

Any ideas as to what I should do?

did your comic store have other sets? if they did, ask them to replace the set. If not, you could always contact diamond, i hear that their pretty good with replacements.

Your loss bud. Have a nice day.

Man I have to find that set. I've got a spare Venom head which I think I will be switching out, because man that head is just fugly.

I managed to score one. Very happy with the set. I like the new Spider-Man even better then the original. I'm not surprised to hear somebody's Hydro-Man has an arm problem because unlike the other four figs in my set HM's arms were very stiff and would not move at first and I thought they might break when I had to bit a pressure on them. Then they both clicked and they're fine now. Must have been a problem att the factory. I don't think that's Peter though on the damaged black costume. I think it's Eddie. Does anybody know for sure?

I nabbed this set yesterday and I love it! Torment Spidey is amazing and even though I'm not a huge fan of the Powerhouse Sandman, you've got to give the designers credit for trying something new.

I don't think that's Peter though on the damaged black costume. I think it's Eddie. Does anybody know for sure?

Well, it is called 'Melee Symbiote Spider-Man' not 'Melee Symbiote Venom'...

Thanks Fujis should have thought of that. Now that I look really close at the figure I can see brown hair and not blond like Eddie's would be. I was just thrown by the grim if not angry expression on Pete's face. But he's in the black costume which could cause the mood. I took some pictures if anybody is interested.

SMandSM.jpg

allfive.jpg

worst box set ever

Harsh, Jason. I'm really looking forward to getting this set. Yeah, there's only one new character, but every figure in this set seems to be the best version of each character released so far. That's just fine in my book.

worst box set ever

Nope that was DarkTide.

This set is actually pretty sweet. It has the BEST spiderman to date.

Hydro Man (obscure character that would normally never get made). Venom (ok not the best but still different from the original), Symbiote Spidey, just put him next to a ringing bell and it makes sense (or sonic gun at the baxter building) and sandman, I like the see through head and arms and legs

give it a try Jason you just might be surprised

Im totally stoked to get these mates... I agree TM2Dinobot.... Venoms face is VERY questionable....he looks chubby hah!.... Even tho Im not a big Hydroman fan.... his mate looks pretty cool and I cant wait to have a new villain in my collection.... My main question is for you Leoric *points* yer picture there of Spidey fighting Sandman.. youve got Sandmans transparent head goen on there and hes got a hairpiece...... checking back on the other Spidey Box set thread the pic of Sandman without the beefy head has no hairpiece... SO! does he come with that hairpeice or is that from the older (and in my oppinion better) Sandman?!

worst box set ever

Nope that was DarkTide.

amen..!

... I have emails from Stuckakid confirming that this set is shipping this week. I'm pretty sure we're getting it along with the DC wave, as the gang from Stuckakid hasn't ever steered me wrong before.

That's right. All of these were received and have shipped out. Such an AWESOME set. Both in box and out.

SO! does he come with that hairpeice or is that from the older (and in my oppinion better) Sandman?!

Yeah, that looks to be the older Sandman's hairpiece.

And I don't understand the decision to go with the translucent plastic on the new Sandman. It looks alright on his legs, with the added airbrushing, but the arm extensions and head just make him look like he's made out of cola or something. It doesn't look like sand at all.