UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Classic Spider-Man Box Set Next Week!

Amazing.JL

Anyone have problems with the arms on theirs?

My Hydro-Man's arm is broken.

The joint at the shoulder is not attached.

Also, all the other shoulders won't move.

Did I get a defective set?

Any ideas as to what I should do?

did your comic store have other sets? if they did, ask them to replace the set. If not, you could always contact diamond, i hear that their pretty good with replacements.

Thank you for the advice.

I'll look into it.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

SO! does he come with that hairpeice or is that from the older (and in my oppinion better) Sandman?!

Should have mentioned that I took the old hairpeice off of my first Sandman and put it on him in the picture. I took that action image for myself (I've got a whole gallery of them yep I'm a geek) but then later thought to put it up here. No the set doesn't come with a spare hairpeice for the yellow head but I think it should have. What if you don't have the older Sandman? That would be a lame look for the figure then. There's even a hole in the transparant head, weird.

By the way should we still be calling this the Classic set? Because nowhere on the package does it seem to have the word Classic. The Spider-Man title appears to be based on the Animated Series font too.

$19.99 seems a bit much for 5 minis with no real new parts and only one new character. $14.99 seems more reasonable.. I'll have to keep my eyes open for a price drop somewhere. :)

Pictures look great.

• 2 weeks later...

I found this in my LCS today for £15. I thought it was a fair price, but as I go on holiday in 2 days, I have no money to buy it right now. I really hpoe they are still there when I get home in 3 weeks.

I found this in my LCS today for £15. I thought it was a fair price, but as I go on holiday in 2 days, I have no money to buy it right now. I really hpoe they are still there when I get home in 3 weeks.

What shop was this? Was it a stand-alone comic shop or something like a forbidden planet?

Patriot

Its a stand alone Comic Store called Nostalgia and Comics. I have a Forbidden Planet near me, and I'd happily check for you, but I'm going to France tomorrow. Sorry Patriot. I'll ask my brother (Seanus) to check this week and post it cos he won't leave til sunday.

Also I have no idea how the exchange rate works atm. I think $30 is more than £15 but I may be wrong.

Thanks a lot, I really appreciate it. If it's in a stand alone store chances are either my local FP or LCS will have it, but i'll wait for seanus to reply. Thanks again; and have a good holiday!

Patriot

I love this box set.

It came in the mail last Thursday.

Torment Spider-Man is the best Spidey we've gotten so far.

Hydro Man is a really nice figure.

I like that they gave us a Venom chestpeice, and C3 feet, but that head is terrible. I took the waist down and chest and stuck it on Tongue Venom to make a perfect one.

The Sandman figure is...alright. Not the best, but he definately gives me some good parts for my other Sandman figure.

Melee Symbiote Spidey is just...unexciting.

Picked up 2 packs from my LCS today (Another World, Liverpool) £14.99.

My thought are a nice box set for ppl just getting into mates as it gives access to a comic style Spidey and Venom.

Spidey is nicely detailed but there does seem to be a colour diffrence on the blue bits between the body and legs.

Venom nice and chunky as he really should be I like the chest piece on this figure.

Symboite Spidey a bit of a none starter for me its an ok figure but nothing jumps out at me.

Hydroman always nice to get something new but again not a spectaculer figure nice clear hands and the water blast additions are cool but I think are just a reuse from one of the SF mates sets I would have prefered maybe a water torrent base thet maybe you took the legs out an plugged into their place.

Sandman to me the weakest figure of the set I just cant get to like this mate. I cant figure out why the hand blasts are clear there is no reason for this and as some one has mentioned are cola coloured when one the box they are solid and sand coloured, for me one of the weakest mates ever.