UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

If they made an all villain wave...

Valo487

If they decided to release an all villain wave to beef up the ranks of the evildoers of the Marvel universe, what six characters plus variant would you most want to see? In the interest of diversity, I'll try and avoid more than one Spider-Man villain or X-men, you get the idea. Mine would be...

1. Abomination & The Mandarin.

2. Pyro & Dormammu.

3. Red Skull & Baron Zemo.

Variant- Heinrich Zemo.

(Runners up were Mysterio, Annhiulus, Purple Man, Kang and Mister Sinister. Sinister only got bumped because I thought he'd be perfect to pair with Gambit some day...)

I personally think this would be a great move and would sell, as villains are often more visually exciting, and as we have gotten far more heroes than villains in the past there are several big name villains they could make to counteract the heroes, as we're getting closer and closer to having most of the Marvel big names once Thor and Dr. Strange are released(I'm counting those who have had their own titles.) Anyway, what do you guys think?

P.S. Am I the only one who's surprised we've never gotten a U.S. Agent, since he's one paint job away from release now that we've gotten Captain America?

P.S. Am I the only one who's surprised we've never gotten a U.S. Agent, since he's one paint job away from release now that we've gotten Captain America?

There were rumors that he might one day get included in a 'target' repaint wave if the spiderman wave went well... IF they ever release it ;)

As for an All villains wave...

Ultron/Kang

Apocalypse/Abomination

The Mandarin/Hobgoblin

Variant... Ultron as female/'Wasp'

T.

01) Red Skull / Hydra agent

02) classic Ultron / Kang

03) Annihilus / Blastarr

Variant : female Ultron

Wrecking Crew boxed set: with Wrecker, Thunderball, Bulldozer and Piledriver

I'm with the Myte! I want that Hydra soldier, so:

1. Red Skull / Hydra agent

2. Deadpool / AIM agent

3. Classic Sabertooth / Hand ninja

Variant: Ultimate Deadpool

Troop builders dorkgasm wave... I'd buy a couple cases just to have armies of the faceless agents.

I'm with the Myte! I want that Hydra soldier, so:

1. Red Skull / Hydra agent

2. Deadpool / AIM agent

3. Classic Sabertooth / Hand ninja

Variant: Ultimate Deadpool

Troop builders dorkgasm wave... I'd buy a couple cases just to have armies of the faceless agents.

:) Troop builders Wave.... :)

I thought we were talking "major bad guys" but if we can have army builders I'd would like to Add.. Hellfire club guards please!

maybe even Kree/SKrulls?

so we could do:

Hand Ninja/Hellfire guard

AIM/Hydra Agents

Kree/Skrull Soldiers

Chase could be Madame Hydra?

T.

Ultron/Kang the Conqueror

Molecule Man/Enchantress

The Lizard/Klaw

with a Curt Connors Chase, or perhaps a Connors in mid-transformation into the Lizard Chase

This is great on many levels.

1) Ultron and Kang are classic Avengers villains, and with wave 16 coming out in less than a month, we'll see a swelling in the minimate ranks of that team, but with only Loki and Absorbing man really around to pit against them, and both of them are really more Thor solo villains.

2) Enchantress is also known for taking on the Avengers, but, like Loki and Absorbing man also makes a great foil for Thor alone, also there are precious few Marvel villainess minimates available now... off the top of my head I can think of Mystique , Lady Deathstrike.... maybe White Queen, one could argue, and.... that's really all I got... so yeah, equal opportunity and all that.

3) Klaw is yet another potential Avengers villain, who also has ties to the Fantastic Four, themselves in dire need of villains, having only Dr. Doom, Galactus, and Super Skrull to fight against, and also is the nemesis of the Black Panther (who needs to be minimate-ified himself)

4) Molecule Man is one of my personal favorite villains, his distinct "Lightning Bolt" marked face would look awesome on a minimate, he is a character who would also go along well with the FF, but could stand on his own as a cosmic presence, like Thanos, the Silver Surfer, or Galactus.

5) The Lizard is one of the most recognizable Spider-Man villains, and we all love more Spidey villains, and haven't we all been clamoring to see the Lizard in a Spider-man movie since the first one? DST/AA could even do something really creative like they did with the Chameleon/JJJ chase and have a removable Lizard head over the Curt Connors head, or switch them out like the tongue lolling Venom.

6) Perhaps most important to me, if this was released as an all-villains wave, in one wave, it would put us all 6 steps closer to getting everyone needed for Secret Wars reenactment. The only villains needed would be the Wrecking Crew (the four of which would make a better set on their own ala Giant Sized X-men #1 box set) and Volcana and Titania, who weren't summoned to Secret Wars but were created by Dr. Doom (I do what I can with whatever technology is around), and if all of the other Secret Wars characters ever get made, would make a good convention or Target or TRU exclusive 2-pack.

so there you have it.

So far the lead choices are Ultron and Kang who have both been picked five times, followed by Red Skull with four and Abomination with three. I'm more a Spider-Man and X-Men fan but I'd definitely like to see those all made, I only hesitated in including a Spider-Man villain as I still feel like someday we might see a Sinister Six box set. I'd push old people down flights of stairs for a Sinister Six box set....

Kang and Ultron

Electro and Vulture

Red Skull and Mandarin

Variant: Instead of Ultron, pack Titanium Man

So far the lead choices are Ultron and Kang who have both been picked five times, followed by Red Skull with four and Abomination with three. I'm more a Spider-Man and X-Men fan but I'd definitely like to see those all made, I only hesitated in including a Spider-Man villain as I still feel like someday we might see a Sinister Six box set. I'd push old people down flights of stairs for a Sinister Six box set....

I would push a priest down that flight of stairs if it was the Sinister Six in their first incarnation.

Doc Ock, though, could come in a white labcoat instead. And Sandman... um... could be replaced with Hobgoblin for that version of the team. You can't spit without hitting a Sandman minimate these days.

my list:

the hobgoblin,demogoblin(exclusive "goblin" pack)

jackal,lizard(exclusive "scientist" pack)

lizard,kraven(exclusive "hunter and hunted" pack)

chameleon,mysterio(exclusive "shape shifters" pack)

shocker,electro(exclusive "zap attack" pack)

man-wolf,morbius(exclusive "creatures of the night"pack)

kaine,doppledanger(exclusive "clone"pack)

yea one of those

I'd really like to see a Brotherhood wave.

1. Pyro/Toad

2. Blob/Classic Sabretooth

3. Avalanche/Mastermind

I would definately buy all of the Sinister Six if they brought them out, and I totally agree with army builder waves. I'd buy planty of Hellfire Soldiers and Kree/Skrull soldiers. That would be ace. Please read this thread Diamond Select!!!

first, let me said I LOVE the idea of Troop Builder Packs. Being able to build a Hydra army would rule.

That being said, the villains I would most like to see are:

Apocalypse / Death (Archangel-Metal Wings)

Ultron / Deadpool

Electro / Kraven

Chase could be

-Death w/Human Face

-Ultimate Deadpool

-Ultimate Electro

neo

Ultron/Abomination

Crossbones/Red skull

Kaine with mask/Hobgoblin

Chase: Armored Red Skull

Patriot

P.S. I would love a sinister 6 box set, but only with new characters (unless its a doc ock with mr fantastic- like arms), or maybe an ultimate six from that miniseries...

Army builders would be so cool. They should make some boxsets of Shield Agents, Ninjas, Hydra, Kree, Skrulls, Brood, Ultrons.

I would buy cases of an Army Builder wave. Hydra agents, AIM agents, Hellfire Club guards, Shield agents, Kree, Skrull - I'll take them all. In bulk.

I have to say I'm surprised that I've seen Hobgoblin and Kaine's names a few times, I think they are the two Spider-Man villains with the most potential as they haven't been used very much. If I ever became a writer for Spider-Man I'd bring both back in a heartbeat, so I'd love to get 'mates of them, though I think Hobogblin is far more likely as he was featured on that poster way back when.

As far as army builders go, I'm in the same boat as boyd, I'd buy a case of them, although I'd be more into Hydra and the Hellfire club than the aliens, although I'd pick up a couple of Skrulls. Has anyone ever asked DST about the possibility of this? Considering it'd be attractive with one mold and multiple purchases, seems like a good idea to me. They wouldn't even have to make new molds for some of them....

I'd go with either a Masters of Evil or an Iron Man villains theme.

Something like:

Radioactive Man/Scorpion

Whirlwind/Tiger Shark

Ultron/Moonstone

Variant: Red Cowl (Ultron)

I'd pretty much die if I saw the following set:

Spymaster/Ghost

Crimson Dynamo/Titanium Man (2.5)

Whiplash/Melter

Variant: Iron Monger/Obadiah Stane?

• 3 weeks later...