UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

New Spiderman 3 Movie Minimates!

boyd

B)-->

QUOTE(Donny B @ Mar 19 2007, 04:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Anyone suppose there's a mirrored "MJ kissing an upside-down Spider-Man in the rain"-scene in Spider-Man 3, except with Gwen Stacy and Symbiote-controlled Spidey? (as part of his "corruption")? :woot::P

That might explain why we're getting a half-masked symbiote Spidey minimate, with a silly smirk on his face... :tongue:

Precisely my point; I mean, why would "evil" black Spidey have his mask half-up, he's coming with Gwen Stacy, and like you said, Donny--he's got that silly smirk...here's hoping! :PB)

• Replies 422
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, I think they did a good job on M.J. and Gwen. New hairpieces, great eyes, they look like they had a lot of thought and hard work put into them.

Superb!

Glomit

RTM's Reveal is up:

http://www.toymania.com/news/messages/9191.shtml

I like them... I guess. I'm not sure that Sandman needs the big-chest, and Goblin looks... weird.

Hopefully, the final figures will look better than these prototypes. Other than that, they're pretty cool.

Tons of new stuff on Goblin, including his little flying snowboard - no vehicles, huh?

Goblin LOOKS COOL!! Sandman looks a little average.. do we get some sand add on pieces?

Maybe he's just plain ol' Flint Marko? But yes, Goblin is fantastic (though still no glider)!

SWEET!!

Glomit

All four look pretty good so far.

and best of all Sandmans hair will be great for a custom Green Lantern Kyle Rayner :thumbsup:

Goblin LOOKS COOL!! Sandman looks a little average.. do we get some sand add on pieces?

Maybe he's just plain ol' Flint Marko? But yes, Goblin is fantastic (though still no glider)!

SWEET!!

Glomit

look at gree goblins feet on both pics. the one with the mask has a glider under his feet!!! i can't believe we get his sword!!! wooot!!!!

Love Flint and New Goblin. What gives though? How come NG get a glider but classic and upcoming Targer GG don't? I think someone's playing favorites! Anyway, I agree... Flint Marko doesn't need the "big chest" piece. He'd look better without it. All in all REVEAL #2 is Very Nice!

P.S: Is it me or does Harry Osbourne's face look a little to much like Willem DaFoe and not enough like James Franco?

Holy Cow - AWESOME!!

I agree with the above mentioned, Sandman doesn't need the big chest. Hopefully they included the same print under the chest (ala Lex Luthor) and then you can just take it off. Either way he is looking good.

Goblin on the other hand is pure sweetness. The costume looks cool, the 2 Hair pieces (one with mask) is righteous, and the inclusion of a Goblin Snowboard Glider takes the cake. I'm actually drooling just a little. If I had to grip about one thing though, it would be that it looks like the pumpkin bomb is, again, attached to the hand. Hopefully they change this or include a second hand, if not though it's no big deal, this is an easy fix.

All in all, Thor is starting to look less and less appealing...........bring on SM3 :D. neo

Love Flint and New Goblin. What gives though? How come NG get a glider but classic and upcoming Targer GG don't? I think someone's playing favorites! Anyway, I agree... Flint Marko doesn't need the "big chest" piece. He'd look better without it. All in all REVEAL #2 is Very Nice!

P.S: Is it me or does Harry Osbourne's face look a little to much like Willem DaFoe and not enough like James Franco?

I was thinking the exact same thing(very DeFoe). Still, these are looking pretty good.

Looks like Chuck has some "s'plain'n" to do about the "glider/ no glider" situation...very inconsistent. Not so much a problem, as Mega Bloks provided my GG with the neccessary tools for mayhem, but confusing none-the-less.

Two more fantastic looking minimates. A new "powerhouse" chest piece for Flint, and what looks like a glider for the Goblin.

My only concern thus far is that the flesh tones look a little off for all the figures. I'm hoping its just a camera/photoshop thing and not the final product.

And, didn't mean to step on your toes Shanester, I just thought we wanted to move all the talk to this thread.

Flint/Sandman looks good I actually like it better to the comic version.

New GG looks great! and yes it appears he comes with his skateboardish glider, isn't this breaking the license rules? :P Hey I love it! :) Must be different for the Movie license. He has nice detail.

My only minor dislike thus far is the photoshop. It was more apparent to me last night when I saw the pics on a better monitor but nothing to really cry about. In the one of the new GG pics, he really has no right arm! Just peices!(Arm Band, Hand) I wonder if they had to scramble to get these out or had to modify them from splitting up the group shot.. Still they get the point accross.

Edited: Moved post to this thread since discussions are actually happening here.

SWEET!!

Glomit

look at gree goblins feet on both pics. the one with the mask has a glider under his feet!!! i can't believe we get his sword!!! wooot!!!!

I was, ummm, just testing to see if you were paying attention... you passed. :tongue: No, sorry. I wasn't paying attention.

Glomit

Well folks, here they are!

Each day this week, new Minimates will be revealed through a different web site. On Monday, March 19th make sure to check out Art Asylum's online forum. Tuesday will see a new Minimate revealed by Raving Toy Maniac. For Wednesday's update, head over to the Minimate Multiverse forum. Wizard Universe will reveal the final Minimates on Thursday and on Friday, return to the DST site and see the entire wave revealed together for the first time!

Spider-Man 3 Minimates (Marvel Minimates Series 17) feature:

Red Spider-Man/New Goblin, Black-Suited Spider-Man/Flint Marko, Peter Parker/Eddie Brock and a limited Transformation Venom!

Spider-Man 3 Minimates (Marvel Minimates Series 18) feature:

Transformation Spider-Man/Venom, Battle Damage Spider-Man/Sandman, Unmasked Black-Suited Spider-Man/Gwen Stacy and the limited Mary Jane!

radical_banner.jpg

Target GG's lack of glider is easy, he's just a repaint of Classic GG, so no glider to reuse. Of course that also raises the specter that unmasked Target GG will be crappy if it does reuse the existing Classic GG headpiece like the photos indicate, so it amounts to just a purple hat with green ears, no goblin face attached to it...

Anyway, I don't mind Sandman being bulked up as, as movie shots seem to aim towards his human form being bigger than Spidey, and very happy with New Goblin, because he's tooled up AND includes his board, and has the alternate hairpiece I dared hoped he'd include, but unike the Classic GG I'm hoping against hope that they'll include a spare pumpkin free hand.