UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

New Spiderman 3 Movie Minimates!

boyd

Am I the only one that gets a craving for neopolitan ice cream when I look at Gwen?

These all look great! The mask on unmasked Black Spidey looks a little odd, but in a good way. And the girls are definitely better than the first version of them.

Looking forward to tomorrow's reveal!

• Replies 422
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is it just me, or does that mask on spidey look removable?

BS

It's not just you. Adding the three dimensional roll of material where the mask is pulled up does give it that look. Whether this is indeed a removeable mask or just a new head sculpt has yet to be determined though.

I agree Donny B that half/masked black spidey does look silly. I feel it was expected. What we've needed is a completely removable masked spidey. Now how many of you think that roll on the mask is going to make it to production? It is a proto. It will be nice if it makes it into production.

I'm not too excited about MJ, better than the previous comic version and happy about the new hair mold. She is kinda dull looking. She is the variant and I don't expect it to be in high demand.

I love Gwen! Much improved, Great Hair, and Llove the Jackect. She is really cute compared to MJ.

Overall they are very nice.

I'm happy so far, I want to see the villians!

Awesome, so far so good. It's nice to get another MJ but Gwen is awesome. Also, I LOVE the Spidey and yes, that is a removable mask. If this is the weakest release of the wave, I can definitely live with this. neo

Just saw the pics and have to say they look pretty good. Masked Spidey is a bit of a ? for me right now. It almost looks like the whole "mask and exposed chin" is removable, like a J. Jonah mask. I am more willing to believe it is something like that then an entirely new minimate head piece. I'm very curious to see how this plays out. So far, so good.

I love 'em, even the rolled mask effect. I just wish Mary Jane wasn't the exclusive. That's such a classy looking figure, it's a crime to make her rare!

Is it just me, or does anyone else see a lot of photoshopping on Gwen and Mary Jane's faces? It looks like they heavily airbrushed all around the tampos.

I wonder if it was because the color on the protos were off, or what?

Spider-Man looks a bit off too, but I think that might just be the angle that the light is hitting his chest.

EDIT: Oh man, I just noticed Spidey's right knee. Definite photoshop. Yikes.

I am sure many have you "Radicals" have read the news at DST's site. Well its true! There will be Marvel Minimate "Reveals" all this week, starting today, through different web sites.

Today, you can check out the first few shots at Art Asylum's online forum.

Tuesday, March 20th, Raving Toy Maniac will reveal a new Minimate. Go check out RTM here.

Wednesday, March 21, you'll get to see three more new minimates right here at your Minimate Multiverse forum.

Wizard Universe will reveal the final Minimates on Thursday, March 22nd here.

On Friday, March 23rd head back over to the Diamond Select Toys site and see the entire wave revealed together for the first time!

Special thanks to the folks at DST for including us all in this awesome reveal!!

Look at the shots of the Red Suit Spidey on the Preview pack box, similar photoshop knee kraziness.

But while I agree that MJ has a stunned mullet look, Gwen stomping all over her, I actually quite like the halfmask, and certainly makes it stand out from the Wave 4 Masked/Grabline comic version.

Anyone suppose there's a mirrored "MJ kissing an upside-down Spider-Man in the rain"-scene in Spider-Man 3, except with Gwen Stacy and Symbiote-controlled Spidey? (as part of his "corruption")? :woot::P

That might explain why we're getting a half-masked symbiote Spidey minimate, with a silly smirk on his face... :tongue:

I'm pretty happy with all of them, but the girls especially. I like that Spidey's mask probably comes off. I imagine that it's because it's a proto, but Spidey's arm isn't jointed. Odd because the other arm is, as are the arms on Gwen and MJ.

Can't wait to see the rest of them!