UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Marvel 86: 1990s Spidey

DSTZach

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 5/2/2024 at 1:19 PM, DSTZach said:

I personally think they look great. Looking at the reference, they seem on-model. Our Kaine has veins on his arms, legs and chest. Our Goblin has purple on the inside of his cape, not sure everyone can see that. If the outside is not SUPPOSED to be black, per interior artwork (I have just requested the GN), then it may very well be our mistake, but looking at the light source in the picture, I tend to trust Scott McDaniel in all things. 

GGoblinComp.jpg

KaineCOmp.jpg

The stuff with the blue/purple on Goblin's cape, yeah. I can see it.

But Kaine? IDK. Maybe it's my neurodivergent ass not cooperating right, but I don't see the issue everyone has with the blue on Kaine. It's a little underdetailed, perhaps, but the color and application is fine.

Really, the only thing he's missing, as others have noted, is the forearm spikes. The lack of them kinda blows, IMO, but it's not a major drawback for me when the incredible amount of effort taken with the rest of the figure's sculpting is taken into consideration.

3 hours ago, TheMinimateKing30 said:

The stuff with the blue/purple on Goblin's cape, yeah. I can see it.

But Kaine? IDK. Maybe it's my neurodivergent ass not cooperating right, but I don't see the issue everyone has with the blue on Kaine. It's a little underdetailed, perhaps, but the color and application is fine.

Really, the only thing he's missing, as others have noted, is the forearm spikes. The lack of them kinda blows, IMO, but it's not a major drawback for me when the incredible amount of effort taken with the rest of the figure's sculpting is taken into consideration.

ND to ND you’re not alone. My “grievances” are the spikes and the lack of unwindswept parts. Otherwise perfection. 

Good news, everyone -- we will not be changing the paint on these Minimates. They were fully researched early on, and colored the way they were colored for a reason, and they are well into production.

9 hours ago, thereasonsy said:

ND to ND you’re not alone. My “grievances” are the spikes and the lack of unwindswept parts. Otherwise perfection. 

The lack of unwindswept parts does blow (heh), but honestly, I can live with it. Especially Goblin considering it looks to be (mostly) symmetrical.

6 hours ago, DSTZach said:

Good news, everyone -- we will not be changing the paint on these Minimates. They were fully researched early on, and colored the way they were colored for a reason, and they are well into production.

I'm honestly glad. The in-person photos that got posted earlier look WAY better than the solicitation ones. I have faith.