UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Toy Fair 2007 BSG & 24 Mates Pics

Awesome pics!!!

I must have GR minimates.....plus the Spi-Dog....Its hard to resist anything Spiderman. Plus, they put it in dog form, what more could you want

I agree - that SpiDog is going to be tough to resist. Have you seen this:

spideyrobosapien.jpg

or this:

Homersapien.jpg

I may finally have to break down and buy a Robosapien.

What's 24? Is that DST's line of "normal" people? I kinda wish we'd gotten a business man instead of the hobo lookin dude in front. Also, Ghost Rider is kinda disappointing because of so few, oh I don't know, SUPERHEROS!
LOL he does look like a hobo. :lol: Anyway the BSG wave is looking pretty nice. Good job DST, I will be hoping to see some Pictures from toy fair soon! ;)

...:::Halo11701:::...

What's 24? Is that DST's line of "normal" people? I kinda wish we'd gotten a business man instead of the hobo lookin dude in front. Also, Ghost Rider is kinda disappointing because of so few, oh I don't know, SUPERHEROS!

24 is the TV show. The 'hobo lookin dude in front' is Kiefer Sutherland's character, Jack Bauer. For more info on 24, check here.

Oooooh, I'm hyped! I rather like that Starbuck, but the uniform looks a bit bulky. It looks like they're making the tops removable, probably to hide those black and gray underclothes. I'd probably prefer just painted on uniforms, but I'm not going to complain. (I do rather like how panic-stricken Balter seems, just by putting his hands up.)

24 'Mates look great! Funny enough, I think Jack looks the worst of them all. I'm pretty sorry that Terri isn't pictured, since she wouldn't fit into any other season of the show. I wonder if there will be a variant... Maybe that's where Terri can come into things. :-)

They all look great, but I'm leaning towards civilian peons and custom fodder as far as any of those products are concerned. I don't hate any of them, as a lot of time went into them and it shows that DST is really trying now as opposed to the wave after wave of part reuse we've seen in the past. It's just that I won't be killing myself hunting down a bunch of civilians just to make sure I have every character from a show I don't watch.

I think what'll make these lines harder to swallow in the long run is that they're based on actual people. That being said, its very hard to capture the look of Nicolas Cage over the look of Ghost Rider in two inch block figure form, which is why the flashy costumes of super heroes and villains just comes off better than the civilian look. I'll probably still get one of each of them, but I don't see them being the prize of my collection.

A Nina Myers minimate & A Dennis Hopper minimate how cool is that :D

I love both these shows and it's great to see the 24 minimates at last, I 'll be buying these by the case because they're both cool figures and also great custom potential :)

They all look pretty cool, not sure I like the idea of a Starbuck re-use in what will be the 2nd or 3rd wave of BSG but she has nice accessories and it was to be expected I guess.

Bring on more pix as toyfair rolls on!

T.

So does Baltar have red eyes there? Hmmm.

Unlike the first wave, I may be getting all of wave 2 of Galactica. I'm not too thrilled about Starbuck and Adama, but Adama is one of those characters that you have to get a figure of and I like this Starbuck a little better than the wave 1 figure. Plus, the Ace/Top Gun stein. Awesome.

24 Minimates are..ok. I dislike the show immensely, so even though these could be good "normal people" Minimates, I probably won't be buying.

How cool. We get Eva Mendes with the GR figures, and then Elisha Cuthbert with the 24 figures. I will definitely be picking those two up, and some of the others from the sets look like good random people.

How f'n cool is that?!?!?!

It's okay. You can say "Frakkin" here... :biggrin:

Actually, since the uniform tops on these are seperate pieces, I'm gonna be royally pissed if the undershirts aren't printed on the torsos... That's how we see the characters most of the time anyway.