UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Interesting Minimates Display Box

I was just at Bed Bath and Beyond (not my choice) and they were selling stands very similar to these only they did not have a top, they were just the step base. They were really for spices. They were only $12-14 in a variety of lengths. I suggested getting one for our spices and my wife said "why do want this, for your little men?" I only tell you this last part to show that even my wife could see this spice rack would be prefect for minimates. We did not buy the spice rack.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was just at Bed Bath and Beyond (not my choice) and they were selling stands very similar to these only they did not have a top, they were just the step base. They were really for spices. They were only $12-14 in a variety of lengths. I suggested getting one for our spices and my wife said "why do want this, for your little men?" I only tell you this last part to show that even my wife could see this spice rack would be prefect for minimates. We did not buy the spice rack.

Currently, I use two sets of those spice shelves from Bed, Bath & Beyond. They are adjustable and work great.

Is that an all clear mate you've got there?

Yep, it is. Its not perfectly clear as it has a slight blue tint, but not like the "blue" Twilight Frodo.

It's sweet as a nut mate. You've a great collection of test shots there.

I just ordered 2 of a diff kind from them, mostly with the idea of putting my 3" ers in them to make space for DC etc...

I'll let you guys know and get pix when they get here.

T.

p.s. I also have an idea for stopping them from toppling over but need to do some research first ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Looks nice looks like a good place to organize all your mates and still make them look nice and tidy. Most likely going to buy one thanks for the heads up

• 9 months later...
I just ordered 2 of a diff kind from them, mostly with the idea of putting my 3" ers in them to make space for DC etc...

I'll let you guys know and get pix when they get here.

T.

p.s. I also have an idea for stopping them from toppling over but need to do some research first ;)

Tim

any luck with the non tipping over idea?

I have 36 of these cases arriving anytime in the next week and am collecting ideas on how to get the mates to stand nicely in them so the wont topple. I have been looking for something different to display my minis with as my collection of 400+ is an all day affair to dust and I dont have alot of spare time to put into that so I need to get them in a less dusty environment

Jeff of the Minis

• 1 month later...

I couldn't find another "display" thread so I guess I'll ask here. I've been checking out Hot Wheels display cases as I think they might fit at least the 2 inchers. Most notably the ones from the following two reatilers. Has anyone tried this?

http://clearwaterdisplays.com/shop/product...12ee62d38409e03

http://commerce.idmi.net/ecommerce/catalog...03&PI=11239

Thanks for the feedback! ;)

The Hot Wheels cases work great when turned sideways!

Hmm did I notice a GOLD Spidey? Where did you say you live again? So are these considered 1/64 scale? I am definitely going to try this. Where did you get yours from? Nice collection btw!

So heres a shot of some mates in the cases with the help of Grahams Smallville customs and some lego pieces glued into the cases. click the image for a larger view.

th_Smllvll03.jpg

th_Smllvll01.jpg

Jeff of the Miniacs

Whoa...

Those customs are amazing. Bizzaro and Arrow especially.

The Hot Wheels cases work great when turned sideways!

Fizzle

Great collection - I noticed you have 2 different gamma hulks... is that a variant or was it a custom?

it appears fizzle has several prototypes in there....I see the ama hulk, leader, bullseye adn stealth iron man that were floating around in prototype land a ways back....am I right?

Jeff of the Miniacs

You are correct, they are factory-finished, non produced figures. The display cases are for 1/64 scale cars, and I usually get my cases from:

http://www.crystalcaseworks.com/acrylic_ca...play_cases.html

Interesting those cases look like the ones I have but are more expensive?

I bought mine ( I have 3*108 cases) from from Carney Plastics.

The 108 car is $87 compared to $129 at Crystal works.

Carney also have awesome customer service, one of mine tuned up with a small crack inthe plastic and the arranged for another to be sent out and that one picked up with zero fuss...

T.

I checked the 108 case on Carney Plastics and noticed there isn't any deviders between the cars so if you turn it sideways it looks like they would all fall to the bottom. How did you use these? Do you have any pictures?

I checked the 108 case on Carney Plastics and noticed there isn't any deviders between the cars so if you turn it sideways it looks like they would all fall to the bottom. How did you use these? Do you have any pictures?

Carney makes each case to order so you specify dividers or not.

Mine obviously have dividers & anyone that's seen them will tell you they are perfect for minimates.

I posted apic that started the 'collections' thread way back in 2006.. It's kind of old but you get the idea.

http://www.minimatemultiverse.com/index.ph...dpost&p=103

If you want more I'll take some new ones and post.

T.

You are correct, they are factory-finished, non produced figures. The display cases are for 1/64 scale cars, and I usually get my cases from:

http://www.crystalcaseworks.com/acrylic_ca...play_cases.html

Interesting those cases look like the ones I have but are more expensive?

I bought mine ( I have 3*108 cases) from from Carney Plastics.

The 108 car is $87 compared to $129 at Crystal works.

Carney also have awesome customer service, one of mine tuned up with a small crack inthe plastic and the arranged for another to be sent out and that one picked up with zero fuss...

T.

They are almost exactly the same. I ordered a couple of cases from Crystal Case Works about a year ago. It took them a really long time to deliver the cases, and when I got them, there was a card that said "thanks for buying Giovanni plastics". Giovanni plastics is now Carney plastics. I ordered my last two cases from Carney, and the turnaround is MUCH faster (a week as opposed to a month), and it is the same quality product.

FYI, Fizzle, you can buy direct from Carney and not pay middle man mark up from Crystal Case Works. I'm ordering another case here in the next few weeks. I usually buy the 56 space sets, around $80 at CCW, $60 at Carney.

• 3 weeks later...

I was recently inspired by Minijeff's display from a few pages back, and decided that I wanted to do a nicer-looking display than I previously had (a cardboard, kind of crappy, hand-made display) using Legos as my bases. After going to Tuesday Morning to capitalize on their Lego sale, this is what I have come up with:

P1010289.jpg

P1010290.jpg

One base and enough Legos to create the stands that I show here come in one of the 5 dollar Mosaic sets from Tuesday Morning (there were 20 or 30 of them at my local store). After creating the stands, I put fingernail polish on the pegs and let that dry, so that the Mates' feet would stay on a little better, and for the Mates without the holes, I cut up some of those sticky tabs that you can use to mount posters on the wall (you can see them on Thing's feet). This is a cheap way to display Minimates, which doesn't take up much room and yet allows you to see all the Minimates pretty well. I increased each successive row by the height of two Lego-blocks. I plan on doing about 6 or 7 of these, and I'm going to try to keep them, roughly, thematically organized.

Anyway, thanks for the idea Minijeff!

• 1 month later...

Wow.. this is brilliant! Does anyone know where I can buy loose legos online? I'd essentially love to recreate what you have here. I'm finally getting around to setting up the Minimates I worked on, and don't want the "domino effect" to happen if one falls over.

Thanks for the pics! VERY inspiring!

Matt

aka Iron-Cow