UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Interesting Minimates Display Box

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks, though I don't know much about where you might get loose Legos online (apart from eBay), like I mentioned above, I got those for a very reasonable price from "Tuesday Morning." I have also seen cheap Lego sets (from 30-60% off or so) at other liquidation stores like Marshalls and Ross, if you have any of those near you.

Thanks guys! Now, just to confirm... these are just the regular, standard Lego parts? Not Duplo or whatever it's called?

And Karamazov80, that's the 16x16 base, right? Can you measure it for me when you have a chance? I'm trying to fit a space 9" deep and am wondering what the best base might be.

Thanks again! You've been a huge inspiration!

Matt

aka Iron-Cow

They are the regular Legos, not Duplo or even C3 blocks. I'm not home now to do a measurement or a count of the number of pegs, but this should give you the info that you need:

http://shop.lego.com/Product/?p=6162

They do appear to be 16 X 16 pegs, but it is 5" X 5" inches long/wide. You can actually pick up the slightly larger (10"X10") base at Toys R Us, but the base alone costs $6 there, which is more than the Mosaic sets where I bought them. You can also pick up 15" X 15" bases, for a little more money:

http://www.amazon.com/LEGO-15-15-inch-Buil...e/dp/B00000JIVV

THANKS!!! That definitely helps....

I'll keep you posted! I think I might go for the thicker platform bases, mainly since I need to fill a little deeper area, but this gives me all sorts of ideas.

Thanks again!

Matt

aka Iron-Cow

Thanks! I actually went with the Bricklink link, and got all I needed for less than retail. Crazy stuff! Can't wait to build it.

Thanks again for the tips, everyone! Time for me to finally update my site with some Minimate pics. =)

Matt

aka Iron-Cow

• 1 month later...