UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

If DC Direct does boxed sets, which should they do?

MINI_MYTE

If DC Direct eventually dedcides to do boxed sets like they did with the Pocket Superheroes line which teams or groupings should they do? Keep the pack to a minimum of 6 MMs like the Giant Sized X-men set was. Here are some of my dream sets.

Teen Titans:Beast Boy, Cyborg, Starfire, Raven, Wonder Girl and Superboy.

Arkham Asylum:Poison Ivy, Scarecrow, Two-face, Mr. Freeze, Mad Hatter and the Ventriloquist

The Legion of Super-Heroes: Cosmic Boy, Saturn Girl, Live Wire, Braniac 5, Kid Quantum 2 and M'onel

Green Lantern Corps: Gantheth, Salakk, Katma Tui, Tomar Tu, Kyle Rayner and John Stewart (original costume)

The New Gods: 2.5" Darkseid, Orion, Kalibak, Mr. Miracle, Granny Goodness and Big Barda

Second vote for the Secret Six.

I'd also throw in the following:

Classic Doom Patrol: Chief, Robotman, Negative Man, 2.5" Elasti-Girl, Mento, General Immortus

Vertigo Doom Patrol: Chief, Robotman, Rebis, Crazy Jane, Flex Mentallo, Scissorman

City of Metropolis set: Clark Kent, Lois Lane, Perry White, Jimmy Olsen, Lex Luthor (in business suit), Luthor's bodyguard Mercy

City of Gotham City: Bruce Wayne (with quick-change Batman costume), Commissioner Gordon, Alfred, Barbara Gordon, Detective Bullock, Joe Chill

I'd like to see:

Flash Rogues- The Top, Mirrir Master, Captain Cold, Heatwave, Captain Boomerang, The Pied Piper.

I would have put Professor Zoom,Zoom, Weather Wizard, Gorilla grodd, and The trickster, but I think they'll Probably make a regular series , so I just put a few guys in there that might not get the series treatment...........long story short.........I want all of them. :teehee:

Man o man ... the Sandman cast would be wicked. Heck, I'd be happy with a House Cain & Able.

Other than that, classic Satellite JLA all the way.

Elongated Man

Firestorm

Atom

Black Canary

Phantom Stranger

Zatanna

Man, that thought makes me so uber-happy. :D

If DC Direct eventually dedcides to do boxed sets like they did with the Pocket Superheroes line which teams or groupings should they do?

See, when you mention "Pocket Superheroes" in the same sentence as "boxed sets," I can't help thinking "last ditch effort." :tongue:

That said, I can see DCD offering sets based on Batman, Superman, and Green Lantern no problem.

Historically, here's what DCD has invested in when it comes to boxed sets:

The Endless

Legion of Super-Heroes

JSA

JSA 2

JSA 3

JSA Villains

Preacher

WildC.A.T.S.

The Dreaming

Green Lanterns

Gren Lanterns 2

New Teen Titans

Flash

Danger Girls

Silver Age JLA

Metal Men

Smallville

Dark Knight

And that's just PVC sets.

Big thanks to Joe Acevedo for creating and maintaining such a damn fine resource! :thumbsup:

I'd like to see:

Flash Rogues- The Top, Mirrir Master, Captain Cold, Heatwave, Captain Boomerang, The Pied Piper.

I would have put Professor Zoom,Zoom, Weather Wizard, Gorilla grodd, and The trickster, but I think they'll Probably make a regular series , so I just put a few guys in there that might not get the series treatment...........long story short.........I want all of them. :teehee:

Somebody put this guy in charge!

Seriously... I could see splitting the Titans into a group of boxes, with 5 heroes and one baddie each...

Titans Silver Age: Wonder Girl (Donna), Speedy (Roy), Kid Flash (Wally), Aqualad, The Herald, Mad Mod

Titans Bronze Age: Cyborg, Beast Boy, Raven, Starfire, Terra, Brother Blood

Titans Modern Age: Robin (Tim), Wonder Girl (Cassie), Jericho, Ravager, Kid Devil, Plasmus

Second vote for a Classic Doom Patrol and SA Teen Titans sets. Maybe a House of Mystery set, with Cain and Abel, Swampy and some others???

But honestly, I'm not sure I would want DC to do any box sets since I would imagine 4-5-6 new sculpts would be price prohibitive for them somehow, and what you would get would be 3-4 variants and 1-2 new characters ala the Teen Titans set awhile back.

Which was nice for those folks who had not been collecting up until then, but a real pain for those of us who were with DCD from day one.

Gotta Have A New Teen Titans Box-set to go with classic Robin in wave 2.

And i'd like to see a Death In The Family Box-set with Ambassador Joker, Classic Batman and Battle Damaged (ie Dead) Jason Todd Robin.

Oh, by the by... call it a hunch, but 5 waves have been announced, and only 2 characters from the Teen Titans (Dick Grayson Robin and Deathstroke) are announced. Teen Titans is one of DC's bread and butter properties right now, so I get the feeling this box set guess isn't that far off.

Gotta Have A New Teen Titans Box-set to go with classic Robin in wave 2.

See, I'm thinking ORIGINAL Teen Titans (Nick Cardy era) would go better with that Dick. That'd be the original Speedy, Wonder Girl, Kid Flash, and Aqualad like DCD offered in the Pocket Superheroes line.

We need an adult Dick (different domino mask, longer cape, different hair, no smile, just a grin) for NEW Teen Titans. :thumbsup:

I'd personally prefer to see a modern Outsiders wave, with Shift, Arsenal, Jade, Thunder and Grace.

They'd go great with the Nightwing C3 figure (from the flyer). Mind you, that is one of my favourite minimates, at least until Harley gets here.

Jo

I'm going to be cynical, but here is a likely box set:

Classic JLA (how about a ten pack?)

Batman

superman

Wonder Woman

Martian Manhunter

Flash

Green Lantern

Aquaman

SA Green Arrow

Atom

Hawkman

I know many of these have been (or will be) released elsewhere, but they can do do special versions of Batman and Superman (a silver age Batman, or give him accessories we haven't had before), Wonder Woman in her SA form, a barry Allen Flash, a chance to buy Martian Manhunter without selling a kidney, etc.

Other boxed sets:

Superman: Battle on Apokalypse!

Superman

2.5 inch Darkseid

Kalibak

Desaad

Orion

Parademon

Batman: Arkham Asylum

Batman

Joker (straitjacket version?)

Scarecrow

Ventriloquist

Clayface

Mad Hatter

Flash: Rogues Gallery

Flash

Reverse Flash

Captain Cold

Mirror Master

Captain Boomerang

Trickster

Wonder Woman box set (this is probably a longshot)

Wonder Woman

Hippolyta

Ares (in another form)

Dr Psycho

Cheetah

Giganta

I like the ideas people posted for Doom Patrol:

Robotman

Elastic Girl

Negative Man

Chief

Monsieur Mallah (with Brain accessory!)

Madame Rouge (put Mr Fantastic's arms to good use!)

Another long shot, but a dream come true:

JLA Villians

Dr Light

The Key

Dr Destiny

Amazo

Despero

Kanjar Ro

Flash: Rogues Gallery

Flash

Reverse Flash

Captain Cold

Mirror Master

Captain Boomerang

Trickster

Oh, I'd love that.

Add in a Pied piper, Grodd, Heatwave and Top and I may as well just set up a direct debit to DCD.

Jo

I think a Kingdom Come box would be a no-brainer - very obvious variants of the trinity plus some of the others, like Nightstar and Red Robin.

I'd also go for a modern Teen Titans box, with OYL Robin, Wonder Girl, Kid Devil, Ravager, etc.

By the way, this is my first post...hi, everybody!