UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Mondays Announcement = Thor!

AdyCarter

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually, I'm glad that it's not a new license... The comic book figures are the coolest ones.

Avengers! Yay! If the Thor is any indication, we're gonna be seeing some awesome stuff coming out from out favorite block figure line...

Just think, Thor's the first one that they showed... You know something cooler is yet to come!

Also, I'm glad that they're not Ultimate versions. There I said it. I'd hate to have an Ultimate version, and never have the regular, old non-ultimate universe represented.

Can't wait to see what's to come tomorrow.

While I do respect everybodies opinions on Classic Thor(Like I said before, Thor will save Marvel MM's), I am going to have to side with Neo, and hope for an Ultimate version.

Let's face it: Way cooler costume, better hammer and a way darker attitude! IMO, "Ultimate" IS Thor!

Seing as we are playing Ult/Classic...

Classic... Erm this Guy would kick ultimate Thor's ass... B)

Yes he may talk funny and be slightly more girly looking but come on.. .you just got Thor and you're bitching about wanting something else instead :rolleyes:

T.

Don't get me wrong TBT, I'm not bitching, (as I love this new Mini) and I don't think Neo is either. I'm just saying it would be nice to get and Ultimate version somewhere down the line, or as the variant in this wave.

Pretty much just "wishful thinking" on my part.

Oh and Ady, I completly agree with you, I'd rather see Marvel 616, and Ultimate Thor is the only "Ultimate" I'd actually like to see.

Down the line yes, variant in this wave? No

That's where the "wishful thinking" comes into play ;)

He looks very, very well done, I especially love the detail on the chest piece... but one minimate alone does not make an entire wave. Don't get me wrong, I'm excited, but in baseball terms, this is a run to second base from home. The other minis they reveal later on in the week will tell me if this wave is a grand slam. Still, it's a great sign!

I feel the need to throw my 2 cents in on this Ultimate vs. classic debate I really do enjoy the Ultimate universe but as someone up the list stated Goldilocks would put a major beat down on the ultimate counterpart. Those Classic characters and images are what the Marvel universe is built on people its only fitting that the line should get fleshed out with some classic characters. While I have been doing the PB-N-J dance :banana: all day now as the #1 fan fave request has been answered I feel compelled to start this rant. Bring me the Sorcerer Supreme! as for the rest of the wave I really see good things a coming I mean shite people they opened up with thor for christsakes!

Thor / Loki

Wonder Man / Black panther

Vision / Scarlet Witch

variant - phasing vision

I really have no love for the BP but as he was showcased in the UA movie I imagine he'll have to crop up. As for the rest I can hope can't I? Dang a Thor and who knows what else, if this the reward for sitting through 2 movie waves I'd have to say its worth it. as for wasp, ant man and giant man I can see getting a hank pym fig as cerebro is a heartbeat away from being pyms helmet but I have to agree with the other sentiments regarding size, its just not going to happen till something changes although as I sit here looking at a 1/8 inch piece of brown plastic designated "Things stogie" I guess a wasp or ant-man accesory wouldnt surprise me as much as a giant man maxi would I mean they cancelled the second wave of those due to lack of interest companies don't make a habit of revisiting dead lines quickly

This IS pretty amazing. When I came on (I haven't been here all day) I thought you're avatar Ady was just the BEST Thor custom I'd ever seen. No offense to you customizers out there. Then my heart started a-pumping, and suddenly I found this thread!! This is great; not only because that DID Thor, they did him EXTREMELY well, IMO. Thanks, you wonderful folks at DST, for everything--but mostly, for letting us know so far ahead of time! I gotta start saving up... :blush::thanks:

I'm really against any Ultimate counterparts popping up in this wave. I like the Ultimate Universe, yeah, and love the Ultimates in particular, but they'd work better in their own wave. Plus, it seems like a waste to use a big character as the variant of a wave.

As for villains, again, I'd love to see them, but I think this wave is going to be for team building. Hopefully we'll see a few villain heavy waves in the future, perhaps in team form a la Sinister Six wave, Masters of Evil wave, etc.

There'll always be Spidey and Wolvie variations to be made, so long as the comic book artists and the consumer warrants them. I look forward to the wave featuring three sets of Spidey and Wolverine, with the variant being Spidey and Wolverine fused together.

When do they unveil the new figure today?